Page 166 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 661161561621631641651661671681691701762162666661166 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think BoP might be mildly successful...but not for being a BoP movie.
    I think what the masses like it's not always what the hardcore fans like. Look at Suicide Squad.. most fans dislike it but audiences liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think what the masses like it's not always what the hardcore fans like. Look at Suicide Squad.. most fans dislike it but audiences liked it.
    I guess. I think SS was more divisive or mixed then audiences overall liking it (but I might be downplaying it's success on that front).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess. I think SS was more divisive or mixed then audiences overall liking it (but I might be downplaying it's success on that front).
    Agreed, it is considered as part of the failed DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Gunn and Disney apparently made up. He’s directing GotG 3 after Suicide Squad.
    Thank god. This is exciting as hell!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

He wants a "darker" story... just how dark exactly? I already think it is problematic if the directors and lead actor are already clashing.

If Ezra wants a "darker story", why didn't they just do Flashpoint like the original plan then. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think BOP could be great, but with Barbara's absence, too much Harley and mob enforcer Helena Bertinelli...I'm not 100% sure about that one.
    Conceptually, the BoP are "Charlies Angels meets superheroes" and that's definitely a concept ripe for success. And even the inclusion of Harley isn't necessarily a bad thing; she's more popular with the general audience than all the Birds combined. She's got history with the Birds and interesting dynamics to play off of. Adding her to the story could be great and it wouldn't even be hard to pull off.

But what worries me is that, from the images we've seen, this *isnt* the BoP. All the successful superhero movies tap into the core appeal of the IP; the details change but the core elements we love about the characters is what the general audience ends up loving about the characters. And looking at the images of Canary and Huntress from the film......does anyone look at them and go "Oh yeah, I see the characters from the comic!" I mean, forget that the actress playing Dinah isn't white; does her body language, facial expression, clothing......does any of that feel like Dinah to anyone, because it doesn't to me. I don't care about the skin color but I dont "feel" Dinah in those images, yknow? And if the movie doesn't get the characters right they're not going to get anything else right either.

So the BoP have plenty of appeal....but I dunno if this is the BoP. Might turn out to be a different girl with the same name. I mean, we can't judge a whole movie by a handful of still images; this could be the best movie from DC ever. But does anyone really feel confident in it the way people seem confident in Shazam?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Conceptually, the BoP are "Charlies Angels meets superheroes" and that's definitely a concept ripe for success. And even the inclusion of Harley isn't necessarily a bad thing; she's more popular with the general audience than all the Birds combined. She's got history with the Birds and interesting dynamics to play off of. Adding her to the story could be great and it wouldn't even be hard to pull off.

But what worries me is that, from the images we've seen, this *isnt* the BoP. All the successful superhero movies tap into the core appeal of the IP; the details change but the core elements we love about the characters is what the general audience ends up loving about the characters. And looking at the images of Canary and Huntress from the film......does anyone look at them and go "Oh yeah, I see the characters from the comic!" I mean, forget that the actress playing Dinah isn't white; does her body language, facial expression, clothing......does any of that feel like Dinah to anyone, because it doesn't to me. I don't care about the skin color but I dont "feel" Dinah in those images, yknow? And if the movie doesn't get the characters right they're not going to get anything else right either.

So the BoP have plenty of appeal....but I dunno if this is the BoP. Might turn out to be a different girl with the same name. I mean, we can't judge a whole movie by a handful of still images; this could be the best movie from DC ever. But does anyone really feel confident in it the way people seem confident in Shazam?
    I feel confident in BoP in the way Shazam. And to be extremely fair, Shazam is in a similar position as BoP in that it’s a very different version than most fans of their comics would like. Johns version of Shazam, which is the basis of this film, is still widely reviled by the dozens of Captain Marvel fans.
    Last edited by ross61; 03-16-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If Ezra wants a "darker story", why didn't they just do Flashpoint like the original plan then. lol
    Because the studio and directors attached don't want a dark Flash film. Basically, Ezra Miller is about to join Ben Affleck and Will Smith in being recasted. We truly are in a new era for DC. Next up, Henry Cavill.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Because the studio and directors attached don't want a dark Flash film. Basically, Ezra Miller is about to join Ben Affleck and Will Smith in being recasted. We truly are in a new era for DC. Next up, Henry Cavill.
    And the DCEU will be all the better for it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Yeah, all credit to him as an actor, but I won't miss Ezra Miller's (Kid) Flash in the event he gets recasted.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

What about the Reeves Batman flick? Will it have any comedy? My guess is no or very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What about the Reeves Batman flick? Will it have any comedy? My guess is no or very subtle.
    Matt Reeves isn't particularly known for comedic moments in his films.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    All the successful superhero movies tap into the core appeal of the IP;
    Guardians of the Galaxy disagree.