Page 180 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 801301701761771781791801811821831841902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 20948
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where are you getting the idea Batman would be the only hero? The article even says that Barry would go back in time to try and prevent Superman's corruption.

And didn't other information say Batman was going to die?
    Yes, Barry is another one still fighting the good fight. But in essence it's Batman vs. Darkseid and Superman within a Mad Max earth. Just crazy that WB didn't know that's where he was heading until after BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Good. Thanks for the clarification. Still bonkers that he was really, truly going to introduce the JL to the world with that dystopian plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Seems pretty in line with the Kevin Smith reveal (even if that had some holes in it) that Darkseid would come and screw Earth up. I'm sure most would have found it too dark, but I will always lament never seeing the original vision play out.
    Lol. It does seem awfully dark.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

How was that supposed to even work anyway. We already saw Flash go back in time but if we still end up with the Mad Max DCU than it clearly didn’t change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Yes, Barry is another one still fighting the good fight. But in essence it's Batman vs. Darkseid and Superman within a Mad Max earth. Just crazy that WB didn't know that's where he was heading until after BvS.
    The article states that Flash would have gone back in time to prevent Lois' murder at Darkseid's hands. Also, it looks more this was supposed to be a dark future that the heroes where trying to prevent as opposed to a status quo. Hell, the fact that it's Flash not Batman that goes back in time means it isn't Batman that is the main show.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    How was that supposed to even work anyway. We already saw Flash go back in time but if we still end up with the Mad Max DCU than it clearly didn’t change anything.
    Maybe because Bruce didn't understand what Barry said.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It could be Flash takes a pitstop and says "am I too early?" before moving onto the next appropriate timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The article states that Flash would have gone back in time to prevent Lois' murder at Darkseid's hands. Also, it looks more this was supposed to be a dark future that the heroes where trying to prevent as opposed to a status quo. Hell, the fact that it's Flash not Batman that goes back in time means it isn't Batman that is the main show.
    He goes back to tell Bruce about Lois. The article doesn't state that Flash would be the hero to save Lois. He's basically just running future Batman's errand, and going back to tell BvS Bruce about it. It's a bookended Batman plan.

Spectacular Member

How is this not literally Infinity War/Endgame? How is this 'too dark?' but that isn't?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think the more important question is the range of emotions that the movie supports and presents (see e.g. Abigail Nussbaum's review of BvS).
    Quite a bad review. I have a better one examining the topic
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...r-gets-mythic/

DC/WB copped out that was a great plot set up for JL
    Preventing a dark future and stopping darkseid. Much better than the crap they ended up with dare I say Superman would have been better served like this than his death ressurection and zombie mustache

In any case now that the dceu is soft rebooting we can just look back and laugh at how incompetent everyone involved was.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    How is this not literally Infinity War/Endgame? How is this 'too dark?' but that isn't?
    A better question is how is this not the exact same plot as Days of Future Past?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    DC/WB copped out that was a great plot set up for JL
    Preventing a dark future and stopping darkseid. Much better than the crap they ended up with dare I say Superman would have been better served like this than his death ressurection and zombie mustache

In any case now that the dceu is soft rebooting we can just look back and laugh at how incompetent everyone involved was.
    I think Snyder's version was crap, and I think Wheddon's version was crap. The lesson learned here is that WB should never have entrusted Snyder with their cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I think Snyder's version was crap, and I think Wheddon's version was crap. The lesson learned here is that WB should never have entrusted Snyder with their cinematic universe.
    Pretty much.

What Snyder has to say feels in-line with his take, but I can't say it sounds like it would've been much better then what we ended up getting.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    A better question is how is this not the exact same plot as Days of Future Past?
    I think the best question is how is this the most appropriate way of introducing the general audience to the Justice League? It feels like it could be a possible right fit as a capstone to the cinematic universe, not the intro.