Page 194 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 941441841901911921931941951961971982042442946941194 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 20948

It was also a running gag for years about how each successive Highlander sequel retconned the one that came before it.

Terminator as well (barring the original 2).

There is a new interview about Aquaman's sequel.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I can guarantee that retcons like this have happened before in film franchises. Halloween comes to mind immediately. Hell Evil Dead 2 remakes the first movie in the opening before becoming it's own movie. Pretty much everyone but Ash and Linda were retconned out.
    I never saw those films so I can't comment, but the genre is very different and stretches over decades, so it's not really comparable. I'm talking about blockbuster shared universe team-up films in the same decade where more than half of the actors are recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It was also a running gag for years about how each successive Highlander sequel retconned the one that came before it.

Terminator as well (barring the original 2).
    People actually took the time to try and decipher Highlander 2-6? Some of the worst movies made...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I never saw those films so I can't comment, but the genre is very different and stretches over decades, so it's not really comparable. I'm talking about blockbuster shared universe team-up films in the same decade where more than half of the actors are recast.
    Sure genres are different but what does that have to do with anything? You said retcons like this have never been done before in film franchises this big, they have and will continue to happen for as long as stories are told. Doesn't matter the genre or the medium. Changing things after the fact will always happen.

And to counter your shared universe claims of it never happening I give you the Star Wars Re-releases. This has been a thing, whether you were aware or not.

Also the Batman movies from Burton to Schumacher are all the same universe and Batman changes movie to movie. Same with Harvey and others.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad’ Will Include a ‘Monstrous Femme Fatale’ Character; Filming Wraps February 2020: https://thegww.com/james-gunns-the-s...february-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad’ Will Include a ‘Monstrous Femme Fatale’ Character; Filming Wraps February 2020: https://thegww.com/james-gunns-the-s...february-2020/
    I’m guessing Rampage. Giganta would be pretty difficult to pull off, but maybe her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, but Cosmicbooknews is a dumpster fire of a site, so I'd wait on a non-crap source.

https://twitter.com/fandango/status/...998121472?s=21

So Harley is not a member of the Birds of Prey but "stirs the pot" for them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://twitter.com/fandango/status/...998121472?s=21

So Harley is not a member of the Birds of Prey but "stirs the pot" for them.
    So all that bitching about the “sanctity” of the team was for nothing?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    So all that bitching about the “sanctity” of the team was for nothing?
    It usually is. �� Especially when they made it fairly clear this was gonna be the case before they every started filming.

Oh so the many months of people complaining about Harley replacing Batgirl was all for naught
    Not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m guessing Rampage. Giganta would be pretty difficult to pull off, but maybe her.
    We saw Ant-Man turn into Giant-Man in live-action. What would be so hard to pull off Giganta?

Nothing is hard to pull off in movies anymore. Execution is the only thing, we have the technology.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Oh so the many months of people complaining about Harley replacing Batgirl was all for naught
    Not surprised
    I can't speak for everyone but I never thought she was going to be a member. She is still taking Batgirl's spotlight (and the rest of the team's for that matter) as the main draw so the complaints about that still seem valid to me. The title is literally the Birds of Prey and the Emancipation of one Harley Quinn. She is here first and foremost to sell this movie.