Page 202 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1021521921981992002012022032042052062122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Elba would've been pretty wasted as Deadshot (especially replacing Will Smith's Deadshot) so I'm happy with this .

Now he better be playing Bronze Tiger or bust .
    If he is Bronze Tiger, I wonder if he'll have any ties to Smollet-Bell's Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    True, but Black Adam ties to Shazam and has a built in supporting cast because of it. Not quite the same for Bronze Tiger. He’s a martial artist with not much else going on as far as the comics go.
    The Shazam connection doesn't necessarily give Black Adam a built-in supporting cast since he's basically the biggest Rogue for that cast aside from Sivana.

You read Bronze Tiger in John Ostrander's Suicide Squad and you get a very layered and complex (while still really cool) character. Perfect for Elba .
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    If he is Bronze Tiger, I wonder if he'll have any ties to Smollet-Bell's Black Canary.
    I guess that depends on whether she's still a martial artist in this continuity.

Granted, if Margot Robbie is still in this there's more chance for connective tissue compared to other DC movies.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I hope Idris is a character big enough to lead his own franchise. He’s a leading man and it would be great if they set him up accordingly. He doesn’t have to be an original Suicide Squad member. Vic & Doom Patrol works just fine.

I could see a cinematic Black Lightning being introduced some how. By the time this movie drops the tv series could be concluded and ripe for the picking!
    Cyborg only works on the Doom Patrol because he fits the framework of the team due to them being broken physically. Knowing James Gunn Suicide Squad will have a lot of comedy which hurts Bronze Tiger since he’s very serious all the time and his character is always a bit more morally grey than just a villain. Also I think Black Lightning fits more on television than in film, if he was to have a film it would be unwanted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    It saddens me to see the cast from the original movie returning to Gunn's Suicide Squad. There's a good reason why I don't stan actors. Most people in Hollywood are willing to work with anyone as long as they get their paycheck at the end of the day.
    They starred 2016's biggest laughing stock, if they can read out lines like "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." they can work with the guy behind Guardians of the Galaxy. If an actor is willing to work with David Ayer James Gunn is not beneath their dignity.

Elba probably would have been better served playing Deadshot but the studio seems to want to have their cake and eat it too
    Deadshot is the leader of the squad or point man his story is always central in all squad stories
    Bronze Tiger will need a lot of character work to not just seem like some martial artist Mook and that's from someone who likes the character

Oh and if will Smith comes back for the sequel expect Elba to take a backseat to Deadshot

There are other black characters on the suicide squad
    I feel like most people just jumped to Bronze Tiger because oh why not
    Black Spider
    Killer croc
    Nu deadshot

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_fi...ic-man-a167643

Ben Schwartz really wants to play plastic man.

Retired

Jean-Ralphio as Plastic Man???

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Elba probably would have been better served playing Deadshot but the studio seems to want to have their cake and eat it too
    Deadshot is the leader of the squad or point man his story is always central in all squad stories
    Bronze Tiger will need a lot of character work to not just seem like some martial artist Mook and that's from someone who likes the character

Oh and if will Smith comes back for the sequel expect Elba to take a backseat to Deadshot

There are other black characters on the suicide squad
    I feel like most people just jumped to Bronze Tiger because oh why not
    Black Spider
    Killer croc
    Nu deadshot
    So I take it you’ve never read Ostrander’s Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So I take it you’ve never read Ostrander’s Suicide Squad.
    Have you read it? because I mean I don't think anyone has ever said he was the best written character during that run. He got to lead the team but only when Flag and Deadshot weren't around. That's a nice hook for the movie since it looks like kinnaman and smith are not coming back but still

Bronze Tiger really did next to nothing during Ostrander's run and then he got shown up by the likes of Captain Boomerang because crass racism is funny or something
    All I recall is a relationship with Vixen and Captain Boomerang's racist jokes not much else there

Even Waller stood out more than him and she was just giving orders
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 04-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Retired

I feel bad for Ben Turner and Richard Dragon. When I first read their stories, in RICHARD DRAGON, KUNG FU FIGHTER, they were heroes and now they are both villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Have you read it? because I mean I don't think anyone has ever said he was the best written character during that run. He got to lead the team but only when Flag and Deadshot weren't around. That's a nice hook for the movie since it looks like kinnaman and smith are not coming back but still

Bronze Tiger really did next to nothing during Ostrander's run and then he got shown up by the likes of Captain Boomerang because crass racism is funny or something
    All I recall is a relationship with Vixen and Captain Boomerang's racist jokes not much else there

Even Waller stood out more than him and she was just giving orders
    I think I remember him putting Deadshot down once he was in charge of the team, maybe not like Flag did it but it happened.

He definitely felt more like the point-man then Deadshot was in Ostrander's run.

And it's been reported that Kinnaman might be back as Flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I feel bad for Ben Turner and Richard Dragon. When I first read their stories, in RICHARD DRAGON, KUNG FU FIGHTER, they were heroes and now they are both villains.
    Well, the point of Ben in the Suicide Squad is that he's a hero and morally good man who has to run around with and command a bunch of vicious and depraved killers and criminals.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    He's not a villain by choice if that makes you feel better. He was manipulated and brainwashed. Plus he acts more good than bad. He just stays with the squad because he's in debt to Waller and he wants to redeem himself.

Bronze Tiger did more things than Deadshot in Ostranders run so I don't know understand how he didn't do much. All Deadshot did was complain about dying and putting a bullet in Boomerangs head.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Bronze Tiger did more things than Deadshot in Ostranders run so I don't know understand how he didn't do much. All Deadshot did was complain about dying and putting a bullet in Boomerangs head.
    And going crazy that one time .

Not bad. Did about like ant-man. Doing good in china.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4501&p=.htm

At the top of the box office, Warner Bros.'s release of New Line's Shazam! delivered just above expectations with an estimated $53.4 million for a cumulative total that stands at $56.7 million once you add in grosses from the late March, Fandango special event. The film was well received by critics and opening weekend audiences alike, the latter of which giving the film an "A" CinemaScore with males making up 57% of the crowd and 55% of the opening weekend audience coming in aged 25 years or older.
    Looking ahead, Shazam!'s debut isn't too far behind Marvel's Ant-Man ($57.2m opening). Ant-Man went on to deliver a 3.1x multiplier in 2015, which is just ahead of the average multiplier for a film in the DC Extended Universe. This would suggest Shazam! could be looking at a $160+ million domestic run should word of mouth give it an assist over the coming weeks ahead of the April 26 opening of Avengers: Endgame.

Internationally, Shazam! generated an estimated $102 million from 79 international markets as the film opened day-and-date in virtually all overseas territories outside of Japan, where it will open on April 19. Leading the way was a $30.9 million opening in China followed by Mexico ($6.2m), UK ($5.3m), Russia ($5.2m), Brazil ($5.1m), Indonesia ($4.1m), Korea ($3.9m), Australia ($3.4m), France ($2.8m), Taiwan ($2.7m), Thailand ($2.2m), Malaysia ($2m), Italy ($2m), Spain ($1.7m) and Germany ($1.4m). The film's overall worldwide debut comes in a $158.8 million.