Page 207 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1071571972032042052062072082092102112172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 20948
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    agreed on that, but if Aquaman was pushed to 2022 because of competition, can't see Shazam facing such competition
    Wasn't Aquaman pushed because they wanted to give space for James Wan to direct something else before coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And apparently they're not going with Billy's "intentions" effecting whether he transforms or not when he says it since there's a scene shown where he says the name matter-of-factly and just transforms back.
    Ugh this is making my head hurt. If a hero can't say their own name you really need to go back to the drawing board.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I forgot her name but its just some chick that gets offed really quick.

MINDBOGGLER. yeah she barely outlived Slipknot on the Squad. Thanks to Boomer.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Leah_Wasserman_(New_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

MINDBOGGLER. yeah she barely outlived Slipknot on the Squad. Thanks to Boomer.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Leah_Wasserman_(New_Earth)
    I always wondered this, but is "bike" the Australian equivalent to the B-word? Boomer always call the women he hates "bloody bikes."

Ray Porter was cast as Darkseid in Zack Snyder's Justice League

https://theexilesnetwork.wordpress.c...ustice-league/
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Ray Porter was cast as Darkseid in Zack Snyder's Justice League

https://theexilesnetwork.wordpress.c...ustice-league/
    That artists rendering of Porter as Darkseid is worse than Cavill’s cgi upper lip.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

It's been years now. Why the hell does Zack Snyder continue to post about his unused ideas?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I have a feeling Porter probably was a placeholder actor for Darkseid until a bigger name actor could sign on, not unlike the way Damion Poitier was for Thanos in his pre-Brolin appearance in the first Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I have a feeling Porter probably was a placeholder actor for Darkseid until a bigger name actor could sign on, not unlike the way Damion Poitier was for Thanos in his pre-Brolin appearance in the first Avengers movie.
    Yeah, I could see him just being there to do motion-capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always wondered this, but is "bike" the Australian equivalent to the B-word? Boomer always call the women he hates "bloody bikes."

Its another word for whore

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That last sentence really shows how annoying using Shazam all the time is. It doesn't really feel like a magic word anymore. Is Shazam different from Shazam!? Does the exclamation point make that much of a difference? Wish he was Captain Marvel or Captain literally anything else.
    The ! signifies a 7th champion. It would be like leaving out the z, Shaam!, or the h, Sazam! The name isn't complete without the !

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its another word for whore
    Ah, I see...

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The ! signifies a 7th champion. It would be like leaving out the z, Shaam!, or the h, Sazam! The name isn't complete without the !
    yep, not a fan of that Retcon. What does ! signify? What power does ! give? Is ! the first letter of his name? Solomon, Zeus, Achilles have a standard thing going on here with their names and powers spelling the word... but ! doesn't fit that at all. It has that 'change for the sake of change' without really thinking through the ramifications kind of retcon...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yep, not a fan of that Retcon. What does ! signify? What power does ! give? Is ! the first letter of his name? Solomon, Zeus, Achilles have a standard thing going on here with their names and powers spelling the word... but ! doesn't fit that at all. It has that 'change for the sake of change' without really thinking through the ramifications kind of retcon...
    Actually, it could mean that Johns may bring in Oggar, the World's Mightiest Immortal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oggar

Oggar was originally the seventh elder, and was the Wizard's pupil until they had a fallen out. As a result, "SHAZAMO" became "SHAZAM!", with the exclamation mark being a place order for the letter "O".

Retired

I always feel I have to type SHAZAM! It doesn't look right if I don't use all caps (each of the Elders deserves his due) and if I don't put the exclamation point! I get pains in my gut when I type Shazam--oh the pain, the pain.