Page 211 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1111612012072082092102112122132142152212613117111211 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 20948

Honestly, it didn't feel like the marketing was labeling it that much of a DC movie, but I guess when you have that Batman scene in the toy store and make some name-drops it's kind of unavoidable even when the title isn't "DC's Shazam" like Marvel labels all of it's stuff.

Spectacular Member

I think Shazam's biggest advantage is that it's a New Line film rather than a Warner Bros film. We'll probably get Black Adam before Shazam 2 to build interest in the sequel;

Not sure why people are so concerned how Shazam did at the Box Office. It made more than it's total budget and has critical acclaim. That is all you need to know. Everything else is noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Putting Shazam in between Captain Marvel (which had Endgame ties) and Endgame itself was incredibly stupid. It got completely eclipsed.

I agree it got eclipsed but that's not the only reason, unfortunately the character isn't popular as we comic fans expected, with DC movies this weights massively, if it was a mcu label it would have done better for sure. Besides another issue we might not like as fans, but can be a valid reason is that maybe the movie wasn't that great, as we see it through our biased eyes.

I read comments on this forum that captain marvel was boring and that Shazam would be a sure hit. We fans tend to be too biased. We made ours all the positive reviews, well reviews don't mean a sure hit at BO, Aquaman hadn't half the positive reviews of Shazam, how it ended we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Not sure why people are so concerned how Shazam did at the Box Office. It made more than it's total budget and has critical acclaim. That is all you need to know. Everything else is noise.
    WB is a very reactionary company, but I agree that Shazam is fine for what it’s doing even if I hoped it would do better saleswise.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    audiences determine the success, till now its not what we all expected, with critical acclaim alone you do nothing,otherwise Aquaman is a failure if it rested on critical acclaim.

Some feared it would be squashed between marvel's two movies. It happened.
    It may have recovered the production budget still has to recover the marketing spent.
    Overseas it is neither doing that well, but personally I expected that, overseas shazam is not that well known or liked.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    its not about bragging, the fact that makes me livid, that mediocre movies performed better than Shazam. Maybe its my fault I had high expectations or got carried away after AM, that DC finally managed to find the right manner to make its movies big hits
    It's nothing new in movie history, though. Many films deemed to be of fine quality either underperformed or tanked at the box office long before we were born. It's just the way it is, for better or for worse.

As for making a profit you can make one of 10 dollars and another of 500dollars, both are profits but there is a difference, a big one.
    Right, but the film will make enough of a profit to keep the movies rolling along on the assembly line, which should be the thing that counts for us superhero fans. .
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

All that matters is if Shazam! meet or surpassed whatever expectations WB had for it. I’d like to think WB realized the position Shazam! was left in and wasn’t expecting some smash run away hit.

Retired

Inside baseball, I think the studios know the secret accounting for their films that we don't know about. Some movies might have a high box office, but how did they get there? Did a studio have to call in favours, spend an inordinate amount on promotion, make deals with the distributors? In which case, maybe some movies didn't really make as much as we think. On the other hand, maybe a movie is just a big advertising campaign for a toy line, so it actually does make more money than just what the box office shows.

Mighty Member

SHAZAM can always grow. First Cap movie did 300 plus million, now look at him. The Rock will give the franchise a boost, me thinks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Some feared it would be squashed between marvel's two movies. It happened.
    From someone who enjoyed Shazam! I think that's a cop-out. CM was already on its' last legs and Shazam! will have three weekends by itself before the Endgame, including the long Easter weekend. For whatever reason there wasn't enough interest in this quality family film. Those Marvel movies had nothing to do with it.

Mighty Member

According to Forbes, SHAZAM is still a hit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-verse-aquaman/

Arrow - Huntress?

Bat - Harley?

Diamond - Black Mask?

Sledgehammer - Black Canary?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    From someone who enjoyed Shazam! I think that's a cop-out. CM was already on its' last legs and Shazam! will have three weekends by itself before the Endgame, including the long Easter weekend. For whatever reason there wasn't enough interest in this quality family film. Those Marvel movies had nothing to do with it.
    it makes sense what you write, I am starting now to reach your same conclusion, there wasn't enough interest, a pity, but audiences will always have the last say.