Page 216 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1161662062122132142152162172182192202262663167161216 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Agreed. The Aquaman soundtrack can off as rather generic to me, and much like the rest of the film it felt like it called back to the action-comedies of the 80s, without creating something distinctly its own. The perhaps greatest issue to me is that little of the music managed to evoke the ocean.

But even more than that, a theme song needs time and repetition in order to stick. Wonder Woman's theme had the advantage of being not only musically good but distinctly different from just about every earlier superhero theme, and then plastered all over the trailers for the movie, but it's probably at the minimum level of exposure for iconic music.
    I actually liked the score for Aquaman more than for Wonder Woman, but the main WW theme was a lot more memorable and yeah catchy for me. I found the Aquaman score kind of unique and very fitting. It really felt like music for the ocean life and also somewhat alien. Like from another world.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Clayface maybe?

Fantastic Member

There's still talk that Dinah may not have her Canary Cry in the new BoP movie. This is the thing; they haven't seriously nerfed a comic book character in DC or Marvel movies since before Superman Returns (that I recall). They make changes here and there but overall the power sets have seemed to be pretty comics accurate. Now, if you take the first girl team up movie, the first comic movie starring, written by, produced by and directed by women, introduce several DC female heroes, cast a black woman to play the character of Black Canary...and then Nerf her... Intentionally or otherwise, I can't even with the messages that sends.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    There's still talk that Dinah may not have her Canary Cry in the new BoP movie. This is the thing; they haven't seriously nerfed a comic book character in DC or Marvel movies since before Superman Returns (that I recall). They make changes here and there but overall the power sets have seemed to be pretty comics accurate. Now, if you take the first girl team up movie, the first comic movie starring, written by, produced by and directed by women, introduce several DC female heroes, cast a black woman to play the character of Black Canary...and then Nerf her... Intentionally or otherwise, I can't even with the messages that sends.
    Well... for a LOT of the time in Birds of Prey Canary did NOT have a cry. So if they were trying to bring to life the first few series and origins and whatnot... that would make sense to not have it. Heck even in Arrow the Canary of the week only has the cry half the time...

That said, the movie looks like a train wreck so I won't give the credit of 'trying to be comic accurate' as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    A skull...smoking? A foot? Director Bones ?
    I don't think it's an intentional nerfing so much as they probably felt it didn't fit with the tone or story they were going with for the character (I could complain about "in-name-only" character portrayals, but we still have to see on that front).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well... for a LOT of the time in Birds of Prey Canary did NOT have a cry. So if they were trying to bring to life the first few series and origins and whatnot... that would make sense to not have it. Heck even in Arrow the Canary of the week only has the cry half the time
    That said, the movie looks like a train wreck so I won't give the credit of 'trying to be comic accurate' as an excuse.
    It actually wasn't a significant amount of time in the BoP run that Dinah didn't have her cry. It was restored pretty early on. And it's best if "Arrow" is never referenced for anything...at least pertaining to Black Canary.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A skull...smoking? A foot? Director Bones ?

I don't think it's an intentional nerfing so much as they probably felt it didn't fit with the tone or story they were going with for the character (I could complain about "in-name-only" character portrayals, but we still have to see on that front).
    Sure, but they chose the tone and storyline they went with, intentionally. They didn't have to choose one that stripped a character of her abilities...if that is in fact what they do.

Sure, but they chose the tone and storyline they went with, intentionally. They didn't have to choose one that stripped a character of her abilities...if that is in fact what they do.
    They also could have made a more comic-accurate Birds of Prey movie, but that evidentially does not seem to be their prerogative here.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They also could have made a more comic-accurate Birds of Prey movie, but that evidentially does not seem to be their prerogative here.
    Movie looks like garbage.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If they don't give Dinah her scream they're effing idiots. Arrow versions gets **** on for that same reason and others. Why on Earth would you replicate That?

There was a shot of Jurnee looking like she was yelling though so we'll see.

Fantastic Member

Black Canary does have the Canary Cry.

Wait, they're making Black Canary black here? I don't know if choosing the girl with Black in her name to be the character they race swap is the right look here. I mean, of the entire cast you could pick to make African American, Black Canary? Just too on the nose. Why not Huntress or Orphan or whoever else is in this? Ugh, again, so on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wait, they're making Black Canary black here? I don't know if choosing the girl with Black in her name to be the character they race swap is the right look here. I mean, of the entire cast you could pick to make African American, Black Canary? Just too on the nose. Why not Huntress or Orphan or whoever else is in this? Ugh, again, so on the nose.
    If White Canary can be a white woman I don't see the problem with Black Canary being a black woman. It's not like there isn't other characters with Black in the name being played by black actors.
    Black Panther, Black Lightning, Black Manta, and Manchester Black have all been played by black actors. The only reason Black Canary wasn't black in the comic books was because at the time
    she was created all superheroes were white. Not even sure why she was called Black Canary in the first place. Why not just Canary?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Black Canary does have the Canary Cry.
    You know this for sure? How? Oh, I hope so!!!