Page 218 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1181682082142152162172182192202212222282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 20948

Well the Black Canary thing is weird in that DC recently changed Huntress to be more black in the comics. So you figure it would have been a good opportunity to carry over this new version into other media, but they kept Huntress like the older version and changed Black Canary. That is what kind of throws this thing off to me.

The most logical explanation for me is they thought they couldn't have two white blondes on the team, hence they thought raceswapping Black Canary was the best way to get out of their "predicament". Barbara is not there so they could keep Helena more true to her original version but having another white blonde next to Harley I suppose would've been a no-no.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-26-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The most logical explanation for me is they thought they couldn't have two white blondes on the team, hence they thought raceswapping Black Canary was the best way to get out of their "predicament". Barbara is not there so they can keep Helena more true to her original version but having another white blonde next to Harley I suppose would've been a no-no.
    But doesn't the new race-swapped Canary have blonde hair still?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    But doesn't the new race-swapped Canary have blonde hair still?
    I guess, but she's not white, so that way they can avoid having more than one white blonde.

The most logical explanation for me is they thought they couldn't have two white blondes on the team, hence they thought raceswapping Black Canary was the best way to get out of their "predicament". Barbara is not there so they could keep Helena more true to her original version but having another white blonde next to Harley I suppose would've been a no-no.
    Well, racially, if not story-wise...

That was my take on the main reason for it too. Another white blonde hero would distract from Harley so they picked BC to change so they can all be visually different.

So it looks like Barbara Gordon will be oracle in BOP and then become Batgirl in her solo movie. Not sure how that cameo will work or maybe they are waiting for the Batman to come out so they can work in that sandbox

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    So it looks like Barbara Gordon will be oracle in BOP and then become Batgirl in her solo movie. Not sure how that cameo will work or maybe they are waiting for the Batman to come out so they can work in that sandbox
    Is that a new rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Funnily enough, current comic Huntress is also dark-skinned.

Now that I think about it, they also had a white girl use the Artemis codename.

Gotta work on your Asian diversity, DC .
    We do have an Asian Shazam champion: no martial arts, no samurai swords. Just a bona fide superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    We do have an Asian Shazam champion: no martial arts, no samurai swords. Just a bona fide superhero.
    Cool. Sounds like it went over better then Katana .

Fantastic Member

This is what I know; I really dig Jurnee's look in the movie, she's a great actress and she can be a great Dinah/Black Canary as long as they get the character right complete with world class martial arts skills and her Canary Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    This is what I know; I really dig Jurnee's look in the movie, she's a great actress and she can be a great Dinah/Black Canary as long as they get the character right complete with world class martial arts skills and her Canary Cry.
    I have nothing against Jurnee on a performer level but none of what we've seen of her Dinah visually screams Black Canary to me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have nothing against Jurnee on a performer level but none of what we've seen of her Dinah visually screams Black Canary to me.
    I wasnt sure at first but the look has grown on me and I can see Dinah there...like I said, as long as they get the character right.
    Last edited by Stromberg; 04-27-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

According to the latest rumors, the new Batman actor will be revealed this week (it looks it'll be Aaron Taylor Johnson).
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-28-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to the latest rumors, the new Batman actor will be revealed this week (it looks it'll be Aaron Taylor Johnson).
    Oh jeezus I hope not. I liked him in Kick Ass but hated him in pretty much everything else.