Page 223 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1231732132192202212222232242252262272332733237231223 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say thanks to JLU Canary is definitely pretty associated with the League...Black Canary's episodes are probably one of the more memorable of the show.
    And Dinah has also been featured on "Smallville" and "Arrow" since then.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

EXCLUSIVE: Isabela Moner & Daniela Melchior Top Shortlist For Ratcatcher In ‘The Suicide Squad’: https://thegww.com/exclusive-isabela...suicide-squad/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    James Gunn's 'The Suicide Squad' Casts 'Ant-Man' Actor David Dastmalchian as Polka-Dot Man (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ot-man-1205280

Also, from Gunn Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2QaHKgLgT/
    Bronze Tiger is coming...I can feel it. I hope he does become a main.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Interesting. Did you know the Atomic Blonde fight crew are working on BOP?
    Yeah I heard about that from a friend who was a PA on set for a few nights.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    And Dinah has also been featured on "Smallville" and "Arrow" since then.
    And one of the most popular characters in the Injustice 2 game.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So why even label it as the BOP brand to begin with ?
    Because it’s a BoP movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Like Green Arrow, Black Canary started out as a second banana character but she managed to keep coming back and become one of the most important JLA members and then with Green Arrow become an important solo character. Granted she was in an ensemble series (while Ollie himself was dead), but she was the lead character in BOP. She's had a much stronger publication profile than Zatanna and Hawkwoman--who get to appear in a series for a bit and then disappear for long stretches of time. For most of DC history she's been the number 2 heroine, next to Wonder Woman. And unlike the powerful Diana or Kara or Zatanna, Dinah is in the same class as Green Arrow, Batman and Mr. Terrific as a street fighter. So she makes a nice contrast to Wonder Woman.
    I was moreso talking about the GA and outside media rather than comic fans and comic publication. Going by that, Hawkgirl is easily above Black Canary. Go on any social media platform and you'll see the most requested females to join the League are Hawkgirl and Zatanna.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Isabela Moner & Daniela Melchior Top Shortlist For Ratcatcher In ‘The Suicide Squad’: https://thegww.com/exclusive-isabela...suicide-squad/

I’m excited about this character not for comic book reasons. I’ve had a few pet rats over the years and they are amazing little animals. Very smart and loving. I would like to see them portrayed in a good light for once.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, an American played the biggest film version of Sherlock Holmes in modern times so it kinda evens out.
    But will they ever cast an American to play Bond? It seems like more British and Australian play Americans than Americans play British and Australian people. I don't have a problem with it but is something I noticed.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I was moreso talking about the GA and outside media rather than comic fans and comic publication. Going by that, Hawkgirl is easily above Black Canary. Go on any social media platform and you'll see the most requested females to join the League are Hawkgirl and Zatanna.
    I re-read it a few times to make sure and they never said anything about fans, just publication history and Black Canary has a much stronger publication history than Hawkgirl/woman.

Yeah, that won't happen. If this movie fails, that's it. If a particular character is popular (other than Harley since she's already firmly planted in the film universe) they might get moved into another film, like if Black Canary is received well and they decide to make a Green Arrow/Black Canary movie. That's part of the reason I'm really hoping for them doing the character Dinah justice.
    But that's EXACTLY what's happening with Suicide Squad. The first one under-performed and wasn't well received, and they're rebooting it just a few years later.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But that's EXACTLY what's happening with Suicide Squad. The first one under-performed and wasn't well received, and they're rebooting it just a few years later.
    It's not a reboot, several of the same actors are returning, and it didn't underperform. All anyone talked about at the time was why it was such a big box office success and not a bomb when it wasn't a very good movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Suicide Squad was actually quite successful and I wouldn’t say it underperformed, I’d say it overprefomed. They wouldn’t be making a sequel if it wasn’t profitable.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I did as you suggested and didn't find these most requested females to join the Justice League lists, but I did find several lists of the most popular Justice League members and most popular female Justice League members and Black Canary was consistently the second most popular woman only behind Wonder Woman. So...maybe she isn't as requested because people assume she's already there.

I re-read it a few times to make sure and they never said anything about fans, just publication history and Black Canary has a much stronger publication history than Hawkgirl/woman.
    I wasn't talking about publication history or comics because thats all meaningless when it comes to movies/outside media. Hawkgirl is above Black Canary when it comes to the GA, Zatanna is too by the way. The BOP movie may change that, but as of right now that's how it is.

I did as you suggested and didn't find these most requested females to join the Justice League lists, but I did find several lists of the most popular Justice League members and most popular female Justice League members and Black Canary was consistently the second most popular woman only behind Wonder Woman. So...maybe she isn't as requested because people assume she's already there.
    I wasn't talking about lists but comments on IG/FB/YT/Twitter. Hawkgirl is always mentioned, alonside Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. The next most requested ones would be Green Arrow, Zatanna and Black Canary
    Last edited by El_Gato; 04-29-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!