Page 231 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1311812212272282292302312322332342352412813317311231 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 20948

Has it been confirmed that Henry Cavill is done with portraying Superman?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    No.

It just doesn't seem like there are any plans for Superman moving forward, and if there are they might need to renegotiate with Cavill to make it happen, despite Cavill wanting to still play the character.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I think the overall state of the situation is that negotiations for his contract have officially stalled.

Warner Bros also doesn't seem to have any interest in developing new Superman projects either (aside from that rumored Supergirl movie) so it makes little difference whether or not he is still Superman at the moment.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-06-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I don't think anyone knows besides WB or Cavill himself.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I don't think anyone knows besides WB or Cavill himself.
    I seriously doubt WB knows since they have no clue about any of this CBM stuff.

Cavill is done as Superman
    WB offered him a cameo in Shazam and he turned it down because that would have completed his obligation for playing the character and require him to get a new deal.
    He was angling for more money and considering where the DCEU Superman's critical reception and box office was at WB killed any more plans for the character. I mean WB was offering MOS2 to James Gunn so for a time they did feel confident in the character under a new direction but I guess Cavill soured that relation.

I agree with people saying he’s done. That he wasn’t in Shazam shows WB isn’t afraid to still use the character even without Cavill. They never officially said Routh was done either, they just waited out his contract, which is what I think will happen with Cavill. I mean Superman would need a pretty extensive recasting anyways. Eisenberg needs to go, they might have to find a new Perry, Adams is probably done as well. Why not just reboot? They’re doing it with Batman, why not Superman?

Nothing would send a clearer signal that they’re done with the Snyderverse then a recasted Batman and Superman. It’s not like the general audience was in love with Cavill anyways. His death was met with utter indifference after all.

BANNED

It hasn't been confirmed anywhere that he's done. There was brief speculation that WB was putting Superman on hold because of their Supergirl movie. Really it's all speculation. It was already confirmed that Cavill didn't cameo in Shazam because he was filming the Witcher. Back in September when there were reports he was definitely done both him and his agent came out and said nothing was decided yet. The cards are still on the table for him to appear again, WB simply doesn't have plans for that right now

Retired

I don't think Dany Garcia is guilty of the same conflict of interest that has other agents battling against the WGA right now, but I do question her decisions in regards to her clients Dwayne Johnson and Henry Cavill. Since her team stands to profit from movies like SHAZAM! you would think she would want her clients to appear in those movies, as they would probably drive up the box office. But it seems like her power play on Cavill's behalf came up empty for him and didn't help the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't think Dany Garcia is guilty of the same conflict of interest that has other agents battling against the WGA right now, but I do question her decisions in regards to her clients Dwayne Johnson and Henry Cavill. Since her team stands to profit from movies like SHAZAM! you would think she would want her clients to appear in those movies, as they would probably drive up the box office. But it seems like her power play on Cavill's behalf came up empty for him and didn't help the movie.
    I highly doubt she had any say in that. It was Johnson's decision for Black Adam to have a solo movie first and the direction they're going meant he couldn't appear in Shazam. With Cavill, scheduling conflict. I don't see it sorry

WB needs to hurry up and recast or double down on Cavill. I don't care, make your decision just please start making better movies for Superman.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    WB needs to hurry up and recast or double down on Cavill. I don't care, make your decision just please start making better movies for Superman.
    It isn't a matter of recasting or doubling down, because neither is going to get a better Superman out faster because WB aren't sure they want to do another Superman movie. Which as a fan, really sucks. Here's hoping the animation side gives me some good Superman stuff next year (there's Red Son rumors, that's something).

The problem is Warner Bros suits because they don't understand the DC characters other than Batman. Actually, not even him, that was all Nolan. Thank God for Richard Donner who fixed the original Superman script. WB need to hire someone who truly understands the DC Comics entire lore.

On the one hand I can understand after how Cavill's Superman petered out they aren't in a rush to do Superman again, but on the other hand I don't think it's good for the property to continually get snubbed or left in the dust cinematically.

Star Wars vs Aquaman in 2022. Let's go Arthur! Seems like Disney has laid claim to December and May for the next decade. It's cool. I can see WB laying claim to April, June, August and October/November for DC films while Disney sets theres for February/March, May, July and December.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!