Page 233 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1331832232292302312322332342352362372432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think its time to retire Superman already. Its clear his fan base just can't be appeased and Supergirl is just all around a superior character at this point.
    Grade A trolling but calling the sex raids “kino” is still your best post.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Is there a reason why the WB never officially labeled the DC cinematic universe? From what I've read, "DC Extended Universe" was coined as a joke by an Entertainment Weekly writer and was never official or used internally, and "Worlds of DC" was just the name of their panel at SDCC last year and hasn't been seen since. I know they're currently apprehensive of creating a connected universe due to the collapse of Snyder's work, but even back then, I'm surprised they didn't make anything official for branding reasons.
    Well they didn’t intend to have a shared universe at the start and then later on when they decided to do it, they didn’t give it a name fast enough. So now I think they’ve just given up and are letting the unofficial name be official.

I admit a part of me tends to jump for DCEU as a shorthand just for how long that stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I admit a part of me tends to jump for DCEU as a shorthand just for how long that stuck.
    Their inaction and lack of official branding made the DCEU name stick.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Whether Cavill is "done" or "not done" as Superman seems like a moot point since there are no current plans for a Man of Steel 2 OR a Justice League 2. With all the reported DC movies in development, none of them are properties that would call for Superman except maybe Supergirl. (And Supergirl is reportedly going to be set in the 70's, which again rules out Superman).
    God this sounds so bad, and I love Supergirl.

Like, they claim they have no plans for Superman movies, and then throw Supergirl out there. Introducing Supergirl is the obvious plot for another Superman movie. They naturally need to interact, Kara needs to be able to partake in the present day stuff, and her being in his movie and being spun off into a solo is better than the other two options: either having him in her movie, thus potentially overshadowing her, or cutting him out of her story altogether and giving her all his stuff because her property isn't designed to function on its own and doesn't have much to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Can Marvel Studios just buy the rights to Superman already?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    No Disney Superman. I think it's one of those things where for what it's worth I will choose "the devil you know".
    At this point, the Devil We Know has given us disappointment after disappointment and then blamed the character for their efforts.
    It wouldn't be guaranteed to be great, but sure, give it to Disney. They couldn't possibly do any worse.

Didn't the Russo's say once they didn't know how to handle someone with a Superman-level powerset?
    Well

spoilers:
    Captain Marvel barely being in Endgame except for the beginning and the end kind of supports that claim
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Like, they claim they have no plans for Superman movies, and then throw Supergirl out there. Introducing Supergirl is the obvious plot for another Superman movie. They naturally need to interact, Kara needs to be able to partake in the present day stuff, and her being in his movie and being spun off into a solo is better than the other two options: either having him in her movie, thus potentially overshadowing her, or cutting him out of her story altogether and giving her all his stuff because her property isn't designed to function on its own and doesn't have much to fall back on.

At this point, the Devil We Know has given us disappointment after disappointment and then blamed the character for their efforts.
    It wouldn't be guaranteed to be great, but sure, give it to Disney. They couldn't possibly do any worse.

Well

spoilers:
    Captain Marvel barely being in Endgame except for the beginning and the end kind of supports that claim
    end of spoilers
    It’s weird because they did a good job with Thor but not that great with Hulk. Captain Marvel honestly shouldn’t have even been in the movie, she felt like a corporate mandate to include. Thanos was the enemy of the core Avengers, would’ve been cheap if the person who beat him was someone who only just showed up in the last movie.

It’s so frustrating because it seems like introducing Supergirl in a movie where Superman fights Brainiac would be pretty easy. Injustice 2 and Superman: Unbound showed that Kara witnessed Brainiac’s attack on Krypton. Not only could she be the one to tell his backstory but she could overcome her fear (with some training and inspirational moments from Kal) and team up with Supes to take him down. So we get to see Superman being inspirational and the symbol of hope, we finally see Brainiac on the big screen, they introduce Supergirl, and they’re all set to start her spin off movies. But it’s WB so everything has to be difficult.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Can Marvel Studios just buy the rights to Superman already?!?
    So the Russos can direct?
    Nah, looks like they want the other guy.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-07-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    To be honest, some of the Cap fights wouldn't be too off-base for a comic-accurate Batman.

Fantastic Member

Superman and Supergirl are both in development. WB has been offering directors Superman as part of their pitches but they aren’t biting. So blame the directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Grade A trolling but calling the sex raids “kino” is still your best post.
    What, you don't like Supergirl?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Didn't the Russo's say once they didn't know how to handle someone with a Superman-level powerset?
    There are others that could do it and others have in the mcu already.
    Starlord in gotg 2 from what i heard was man of steel like(still have not seen gotg 2 yet).
    The russos have done it already but they never have done solo movies dealing with superman level powerset characters before.
    So far they have only done team movies with those type of characters.

The eternals are coming to the mcu and many of them do have superman level powersets (hyperion for example) plus in the mcu captain marvel and thor do have superman level powersets.
    Their powers are superman like when you think about it.
    Thor Odinson (Earth-199999)
    Superhuman Strength
    Superhuman Durability
    Regenerative Healing Factor
    Superhuman Speed: Thor as a Asgardian can move faster than even the finest human athlete regardless of his great size, building and body density. He displayed this power while fighting Hulk in the Helicarrier as he tackled the Hulk through the wall of the Helicarrier in a matter of second appearing as a blur.
    Superhuman Stamina
    Superhuman Longevity
    Weather Control
    Electrokinesis/Lightning:
    Flight: Thor is able to use Mjolnir with great force, that it could fly through the air at immense speeds.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor_...(Earth-199999)

Carol Danvers (Earth-199999)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Carol...(Earth-199999)

Kal-El (DC Extended Universe)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-El_(D...nded_Universe)
    Last edited by mace11; 05-08-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

One day the silver surfer may come back to live action too but in the mcu.
    Who knows the sentry,blue marvel and gladiator may one day show up too,on the big screen,small screen or both.

There is some talk on the web that if hyperion shows up in the mcu henry should play him if the dceu does not want him anymore.
    There some others who say he should play captain britain because there is talk about him showing up in the mcu too.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-08-2019 at 12:47 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Unless she's wearing the hot pants, of course.

In all seriousness, I agree with you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Is that why Captain Marvel wasn't around much during Endgame? Sure, she did some cool stuff I won't mention because spoilers, but it was pretty short screen time all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think its time to retire Superman already. Its clear his fan base just can't be appeased and Supergirl is just all around a superior character at this point.
    I'll have to disagree with you there. His fan base is no more divided than any other character's, Supergirl included, and many of the things people like about Supergirl are Superman things too. Also, I wouldn't call her superior just because of her tv show, which is an enjoyable but definitely mixed bag.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't care if it's fast or not, I just care about quality.
    Again, they don't even know if they want to do another one, so quality isn't an issue. Can't have a good or bad Superman film if you don't have a Superman film period.