Page 237 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1371872272332342352362372382392402412472873377371237 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've been to other places on the net. This thread is little better.
    Other fan sites on the net scare me. Like legit makes me fear for the future of mankind. So many trolls.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Benicio Del Toro is supposedly being looked at to play the bad guy in Suicide Squad 2.
    https://twitter.com/DCMotherbox/stat...85181825589248
    I could see him playing Guided

Issues #63-66, in which the Suicide Squad travels to Diabloverde to depose a seemingly invulnerable and invincible dictator calling himself Guided. This despot has his own personal bodyguards, a group of villains calling themselves the Suicide Squad. Insulted by the rival team usurping the Suicide Squad name, Waller accepts the mission to liberate Diabloverde at the price of one peso, paid by an exiled resident, Maria.

During that mission, they face off against and defeat the other Suicide Squad. Each Squad member travels through the mystic jungle to Guelph's fortress and along the way, faces their personal demons, except for Deadshot. Amanda Waller tricks the despot, actually Maria's husband, into a form of suicide. The despot believes himself to be immortal, when in actuality, he was a formidable psychic whose consciousness kept animating his remains. Waller convinced him that her touch brought death and thus, he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Benicio Del Toro is supposedly being looked at to play the bad guy in Suicide Squad 2.
    https://twitter.com/DCMotherbox/stat...85181825589248
    He could be playing Lord Naga leader of the Cobra Cult. He was the main villain in the Janus Directive storyline and it’s runored that Gunn is using elements of that arc.

I was kind of thinking General Immortus...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He could be playing Lord Naga leader of the Cobra Cult. He was the main villain in the Janus Directive storyline and it’s runored that Gunn is using elements of that arc.
    That's a very good guess. I also feel like he'd be a good Vandal Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope, Kobra is a terrible and tired concept that I have a hard time seeing translate into something good on screen. I don't remember the Janus Directive storyline though, just that it was a big crossover.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I really hope, Kobra is a terrible and tired concept that I have a hard time seeing translate into something good on screen. I don't remember the Janus Directive storyline though, just that it was a big crossover.
    I wonder if Kobra would get Hydra comparisons...

Retired

I liked Kobra in the 1970s. The Martin Pasko concept was suspenseful. The two brothers were tied together and one could not defeat the other without destroying himself. It was sort of like the Eclipso concept, where Bruce Gordon is at odds with his other self. The good brother was supported by a team of associates and it was thrilling to see them tangle with this enemy that couldn't die without our main protagonist also dying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    we're still taking this guy seriously? "in doubt?" is this some kind of joke?

Here's Levi's actual quote for those wondering:

I see him wherever my bosses tell me to take him. That's above my pay grade, bro. Like, literally, I ... And I'm totally fine with that, too. You know, I'm still being introduced to the character that I played and to the world that he inhabits. You know, there are Geoff Johns and Walter Hamada, and all the people at DC, who are very smart and very talented. And they are putting together, I think, some very cool things and journeys for all of these characters, Shazam included, Captain Marvel included.
    What is in doubt? What about this has any uncertainty?

We need to stop posting stories like this because this is how bad word of mouth for movies starts. Not from the movies themselves but from people talking about the movies and spreading misinformation. and people rising up from different sides trying to claim what is right or wrong because a blog site or youtube channel took it for granted. We need to look at facts and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I legitimately hate pop culture media. A sequel written by the same person that already wrote the first film has already confirmed.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Just watched the video. While the headline is easily taken stronger than it really is worded, the video itself played it really fair: factual, pointing out that Zachary Levi doesn't know about the status of the sequel, noting that there are rumours about the sequel being cancelled while still making clear that it is rumours.

Then they discussed the pros and cons for making a sequel in a factual manner.

As pop culture reporting goes, it was a wonder of balance, sourcing, and fact-groundedness.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Robert Pattinson is the top choice for Matt Reeves' new Batman:
    He’s going from sex symbol to bat symbol. Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

According to Deadline, Nicholas Hoult is another actor on the shortlist to play Batman, though Pattinson still is the top choice.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-16-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Wonderful news. He was great in High Life.

Both are good choices, but I'm rooting for Pattinson.