Page 241 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1411912312372382392402412422432442452512913417411241 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Apparently O'Connor's Suicide Squad script had a brainwashed Supergirl as one of the antagonists, but it sounds like a different character is filling a similar role in Gunn's version.
    That...would have been a different way of introducing Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That...would have been a different way of introducing Supergirl.
    A stupid as hell way imo, but this is WB, I’ll just count my blessings this didn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Apparently O'Connor's Suicide Squad script had a brainwashed Supergirl as one of the antagonists, but it sounds like a different character is filling a similar role in Gunn's version.
    Man these people are obsessed with the idea of an evil Superman or Supergirl. Do they still think it’s “edgy” to make the hero a psycho. An evil Superman was an interesting idea when it was first done many many years ago, but it’s such a tired concept now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A stupid as hell way imo, but this is WB, I’ll just count my blessings this didn’t happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Man these people are obsessed with the idea of an evil Superman or Supergirl. Do they still think it’s “edgy” to make the hero a psycho. An evil Superman was an interesting idea when it was first done many many years ago, but it’s such a tired concept now.
    I do think it would've fit with the conception of the DCU we were getting under Snyder, where even a hopeful and optimistic character like Supergirl gets introduced as a brainwashed villain...and would probably have killed people.

It very much seems like there's an embarrassment over the Superman characters and people think they're being subversive or "modern" by going the gritty, edgy route. Thank Zod it looks like we're moving away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: ‘The Suicide Squad’ Audition Sample Scene Possibly Reveals First Plot Details: https://thegww.com/exclusive-the-sui...-plot-details/
    That's not real. No one writes dialogue that bad, certainly not James Gunn, and it has spelling errors.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So I was correct: we should be wary that the people behind screwing up Clark could possibly do the same with Kara, so swapping out Superman for Supergirl isn't necessarily going to save things.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, Hollywood did just produce an unlicensed evil Superman movie set for release this Friday, so probably yes. :P

There was a story that I recall in the comics that had Kara as a brainwashed antagonist, on WarWorld I think...

I think if it was done properly, it may be an interesting way of interesting way of introducing her to the movies. Maybe a loose adaptation of the female-centric story in Justice Leage Unlimited when Roulette had captured and brainwashed several female heroes (including Wonder Woman) to fight in her club. Maybe have Roulette selling brainwashed metas on the black market, with the fight club on the side, and the Suicide Squad has to infiltrate to stop her.

Pattinson's getting rave reviews for his new movie. I think WB chose well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So I was correct: we should be wary that the people behind screwing up Clark could possibly do the same with Kara, so swapping out Superman for Supergirl isn't necessarily going to save things.
    There is a new regime making DC movies now though. So now we would probably get a Supergirl more like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam or the TV Supergirl. Cheerful and optimistic.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There is a new regime making DC movies now though. So now we would probably get a Supergirl more like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam or the TV Supergirl. Cheerful and optimistic.
    And how does Birds of Prey fit into that new cheerful and optimistic tone?

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    It doesn't because those character's don't warrant that kind of tone.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Maybe wait until we either get a trailer or the movie comes out to see?

WB seems to be trying to maintain their stance that directors get to craft the freedom to make a film and tone that fits the character or work.