Page 242 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1421922322382392402412422432442452462522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    And how does Birds of Prey fit into that new cheerful and optimistic tone?
    At least potentially, moderately well. It's not going to be cheerful, but it has been made clear that this is not an overly serious film.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Pattinson's getting rave reviews for his new movie. I think WB chose well.
    As much as all proper-thinking people hate those Twilight movies, the guy is a good actor. He'll be fine.

And really, we're talking Batman here. It's not Hamlet. Six months in the gym, a good chin, a growl-y voice, and a little brooding and almost anyone can turn in a serviceable performance.

I'm far less worried about the casting (which has usually been pretty solid most of the time) and far more concerned about the people behind the scenes. They're the ones who have been screwing things up, not the actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    And how does Birds of Prey fit into that new cheerful and optimistic tone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    WB seems to be trying to maintain their stance that directors get to craft the freedom to make a film and tone that fits the character or work.
    This. It's not that WB is trying to make everything fun and optimistic, they're just not trying to make everything feel and taste like Batman. They've figured out that characters like Aquaman and Shazam shouldn't be cast in the shape of a Bat. That doesn't mean they're not going to go serious when a film calls for it. Just look at that Joker trailer; whatever it is, it's not funny.

But given the BoP's whole title (Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn) and the fact that the comics weren't always super serious and grim, I'd say this movie is going to have plenty of room for humor.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-23-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The writer for the Greg Berlanti Booster Gold film handed a script in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But given the BoP's whole title (Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn) and the fact that the comics weren't always super serious and grim, I'd say this movie is going to have plenty of room for humor.
    Just less Gail Simone/Dixon and more Suicide Squad from the looks of it .

They only just now have the script? Damn they've talked about this project for years, I was beginning to think it was gonna stay in development hell. They've talked about this movie since what Arrow season 2 or 3, this movie is the whole reason Ray isn't Ted in the Arrowverse.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They only just now have the script? Damn they've talked about this project for years, I was beginning to think it was gonna stay in development hell. They've talked about this movie since what Arrow season 2 or 3, this movie is the whole reason Ray isn't Ted in the Arrowverse.
    Yeah, I honestly thought this was dead.

I guess nothing ever ends when it comes to DC's film productions .

Not sure what kind of plot that will have... the DCEU is too small to be really fun. My favorite Booster stories involve him jumping through time and exploring the past and future of our favorite heroes... but that doesn't feel like an option here. Marvel can and has had fun with these concepts... but not sure DC is ready for a Booster movie, and if it is... It's not going to feel like a Booster book.

Yeah, I honestly thought this was dead.

I guess nothing ever ends when it comes to DC's film productions .
    They could've done like 5 seasons of a Booster/Beetle show by now.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They could've done like 5 seasons of a Booster/Beetle show by now.
    I'd watch it .

A Booster Gold movie would be kind of hilarious if they use Booster traveling through time as an excuse to make fun of the DCEU. Kinda like Deadpool, but less on-the-nose with the fourth wall gags .

I'd watch it .

A Booster Gold movie would be kind of hilarious if they use Booster traveling through time as an excuse to make fun of the DCEU. Kinda like Deadpool, but less on-the-nose with the fourth wall gags .
    That could be fun. But I would love to see Booster time travel and meet up with Linda Carter Wonder Woman, Adam West Batman and stuff like that. Go really weird and fun with it.

My ideal Booster and Beetle movie would be Planes, Trains, and Automobiles meets Black Sheep and Tommy Boy. Basically both Blue Beetle and Booster Gold will go from zeroes to heroes over the course of the movie while trying to find their way back to where they are supposed to be. Beetle in the present and Carter in whatever century he is supposed to be from right now but deciding to stay. (but actually he's trapped for the time being)

Frankly Legends of Tomorrow isnt' that far off from a Booster and Blue Beetle traveling through time and fixing their own screw ups...

In fact, now I really want them to show up that show!! They need some fresh blood.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    In fact, now I really want them to show up that show!! They need some fresh blood.
    They're too big and they're too much comic characters for Legends to use.

That show would rather spend more time on OC's and public domain stuff than use anything from the comics at this point.

(This isn't me trying to diss Legends by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Frankly Legends of Tomorrow isnt' that far off from a Booster and Blue Beetle traveling through time and fixing their own screw ups...

I know! Legends of Tomorrow is pretty much almost kinda a Blue and Gold show. It would've been perfect.

Fantastic Member

What does it have in common with Suicide Squad, Frontier?

It looks like they're continuing that whole grungy aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    What does it have in common with Suicide Squad, Frontier?
    Just the kind of edgy, punk, irreverent style and costumes seems more in-line with what Ayer did in my opinion.