Page 243 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 20948
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

BoP is now going against Sonic. This could be bad or have no effect. Sonic was seen with negative reactions though but that doesn't always stop movies. Sonic is a bigger and more well known brand than BoP.

Video game movies still have a pretty negative track record and stigma against them. And this one in particular looks really bad.

BoP is a cheaper movie and has Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. I doubt Sonic would be much of an issue.

I love Booster Gold and I’d love to see him in his own movie but part of me is worried that this could make things more difficult for Jaime Reyes to make it to the big screen. I think Ted should a part of the Booster movie since they mean so much to each other on the comics page. I can see WB just focusing on those two and forgetting about the younger Beetle. A Blue Beetle movie starring Jaime would be so culturally significant but I don’t know if WB has the foresight to realize that. WB is only going to produce two DC films a year if that. So the chances of Jaime getting a movie are very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    BoP is now going against Sonic. This could be bad or have no effect. Sonic was seen with negative reactions though but that doesn't always stop movies. Sonic is a bigger and more well known brand than BoP.
    I think Sonic will be DOA. Even changing the character design won’t erase the fact that the movie has become a punchline a year before its released.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Sure. But video game adaptations don't do well. And this one has been dogged by controversy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd watch it .

A Booster Gold movie would be kind of hilarious if they use Booster traveling through time as an excuse to make fun of the DCEU. Kinda like Deadpool, but less on-the-nose with the fourth wall gags .
    Ryan Reynolds might have been a better Booster than Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love Booster Gold and I’d love to see him in his own movie but part of me is worried that this could make things more difficult for Jaime Reyes to make it to the big screen. I think Ted should a part of the Booster movie since they mean so much to each other on the comics page. I can see WB just focusing on those two and forgetting about the younger Beetle. A Blue Beetle movie starring Jaime would be so culturally significant but I don’t know if WB has the foresight to realize that. WB is only going to produce two DC films a year if that. So the chances of Jaime getting a movie are very slim.
    It would be kind of interesting if they connected the Booster movie and the Jaime movie via Ted Kord.
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Ryan Reynolds might have been a better Booster than Green Lantern.
    I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I think Sonic will be DOA. Even changing the character design won’t erase the fact that the movie has become a punchline a year before its released.
    At this point, just because a script is done doesnt mean we'll get it anytime soon. Who knows what WB/DC will greenlight. Mostly depends on pitches/directors if you ask me. Jaime has his own film in development, and the rumor mill suggested WB loved the pitch. If they love the script too, then we'll get Jaime sooner rather than later.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Fisher and Miller’s contracts are up this month. We’ve heard nothing about them renewing or extending yet so be prepared to say bye bye, if you haven’t already.
    https://twitter.com/thomasp0003/stat...64556800974848

Why is this news. Since Affleck and Cavill are out, do people expect these two to stick around. lol

It already sounded likely they were going to take Miller out since he didn't want to work with the script they had ready.

Shame to lose Fisher though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It already sounded likely they were going to take Miller out since he didn't want to work with the script they had ready.

Shame to lose Fisher though.
    They should use Cyborg from Doom Patrol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

I can see how people find it easy to make light of actors losing jobs--after all, in life they seem to have won the lottery by having good looks and the chance to be in movies--but I always feel empathy for these guys. As flies to wanton boys are they to the studio gods, that kill them for their sport.

Feel bad for Fischer. He was really into promoting Cyborg, a shame that he was trapped in an awful movie. But yeah the writing was on the wall, only Gadot and Maoma are going to carry over.

Miller is still a pretty acclaimed actor, and has the Fantastic Beasts franchise at least. But yeah, I do feel bad for Ray Fisher. He was a complete unknown before this and playing Cyborg was supposed to be his big break, and then...yeah. He was really good as Mahershala Ali's son in True Detective's most recent season, though. Hopefully that gets him more work.