Page 253 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1532032432492502512522532542552562572633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Funnily enough, they both have civilian identities that end in "Danvers" .

Although ironically they do have a lot in common:

- Red and blue color schemes

- Blonde

- Powerhouses in their own right

About the only thing I'd say is that they're personalities couldn't be farther apart.

Not as much these days. It's a shame how underutilized the Robertsons are .
    You really think DC is thinking about their personalities when picking a character for a movie?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where was all this passion for original al poc characters when Cyborg's movie got cancelled?
    Cyborg basically had the perfect storm of stuff working against him. A lot of fans (including black ones) still aren't feeling him as a member of the Justice League and it doesn't help that DC hasn't done a good job actually doing anything with him other than making him the token black guy. A lot of people were hoping for someone like John Stewart or Vixen instead. Then you had a divisive design a lot of people didn't care for and the fact that his big debut was in a flop movie. Add to it that you have a much better received version of the character on the Doom Patrol TV show, and his goose was well and truly cooked on film.

I wasn't expecting Pattinson to be a prequel to Affleck's Batman but the "new DCEU" stuff just sounds like a headache waiting to happen.

The one thing DC shouldn't have borrowed from their comics is the convoluted and mess of continuity .
    Hopefully, it means a Crisis on Two Earth at some point, with the old and new DCEU crossing.

If their continuity is a mess, import the damn Crises in movies. Done well, it could be awesome.

There's no doubt in my mind were it not for the enormous success of Wonder Woman and Aquaman or the popularity of Harley Quinn, they'd have hit the reboot button right now. That's really the issue. They're recasting Batman, are likely gonna recast Superman and unless those contracts get an extension, we're probably losing these current versions of Flash and Cyborg too. So how they make that gel with keeping Gadot, Momoa and Robbie is gonna be the challenge going forward, I guess.

I wasn't expecting Pattinson to be a prequel to Affleck's Batman but the "new DCEU" stuff just sounds like a headache waiting to happen.

The one thing DC shouldn't have borrowed from their comics is the convoluted and mess of continuity .
    They should just go the Burton/Schmacher route, basically it's the same Batman in all those movies just different actors. The main hang up is the older Bruce thing which they shouldn't have done. DC needs to treat their movies like Bond films. Open to different versions with some continuity but the movies rise and fall on their own merits.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jeezus they’re going ahead with the Supergirl movie. Doing a Supergirl movie without Superman or probably glossing over his role as much as possible. Freaking unbelievable. WB continues to prove they really don’t like or get Superman. I’m sure they enjoy the merchandise revenue but that’s about it. Was hoping they were done being reactionary but I guess Captain Marvel’s billion dollar box office was too tempting. It’s so frustrating since doing a proper MOS sequel or even a reboot would be a great way to introduce Kara and do a Supergirl spin-off from there. It could be 20 years or so before we get another Superman solo film. I’m done. I have no real excitement for superhero movies if Superman is going to be treated so poorly.
    Same. I will not be a blind brand loyalist. If a DC movie looks and sounds like crap, I will not watch it. If WB won't respect Superman, I don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The people who made Aquaman a billion dollar hit don't care that he's white in the comics. Just as how fans of the MCU don't care that Nick Fury was originally a white guy. Whether it is original poc or racebent versions, representation is representation. The people who matter, the people whose money the studio wants, don't care about the comics.

As for it being the easy way out, ha! Anna Diop, Idris Elba and Candace Patton, just to name a few examples would love tp hear that one.
    I'm sorry but race bending character's just isn't as meaningful as using actual diverse characters, nor does it do anything for true diversity in the long run. What did casting a non White actor as Aquaman do? Hes still White everywhere else? In comics, video games, cartoons, merchandise...etc. In fact when Jason is done with his trilogy, whose to say the new creative team won't just cast a White actor in the role? It's happened several times with Catwoman.

On the flip side, Cyborg will always be Black. Katana will always be Asian. El Diablo will always be Latino...etc. I need more of that kind of diversity, and less of the "lets make this White character non White... See we're progressive" crap.

Anyway addressing the rumors, I can see WB letting Gadot, Momoa and Robbie finish their trilogies, while building a new movie universe with Batison, new Flash, Supergirl (a new Superman) and all those new heroes in development, then introducing a new Aquaman and Wonder Woman in a JL film. Hopefull it'll go better this time.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I wish that rumor about spoilers:
    Diana creating an alternate timeline to save Steve Trevor in WW84 is true.
    end of spoilers

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Who did Black Panther replace?
    ]skyvolt2000, I was specifically talking about ensemble movies like Suicide Squad or white supporting casts like Supes'.

How about have scripts with POC already in them?
    One of the issues we keep seeing is POC get excluded or marginalized in material.

Isn't Ron Clark's in-law in the comics? Lana's husband and father of her child?
    Didn't Perry White have a black son?
    Great. How much screen time would they get in a movie? Nowhere near what the far more recognizable Lois, Perry, or Jimmy would get. That might not be fair, but we all know it is what it is.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    If this is true just throw everything away at this point like wtf. This is embarrassing. I see this as being true because how are they going to explain a younger Batman? Also WB doesn't seem interested in making a cohesive universe.

Attachment 82943

Attachment 82944
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Eh....at this point I don’t think the DCEU really cares about continuity anymore.
    They were never interested in continuity. Only the Snyder movies followed a storyline and continuity. this has been widely known info since the beginning. nothing has changed. DCEU misconceptions #326

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    What did casting a non White actor as Aquaman do?
    They didn't cast any non white actor, they cast Jason Momoa, who was a very good fit for Snyder's vision of an Aquabro. And the result was that one of the biggest movies of 2018 starred a Polynesian actor, which is great for diversity in the film industry.

BANNED

They never even had a name for their movies, the "DC extended universe" was made up by fans. Everyone just assumed their movies were in a shared universe or that was their intention at any point, I'm honestly curious where is the evidence of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    They never even had a name for their movies, the "DC extended universe" was made up by fans. Everyone just assumed their movies were in a shared universe or that was their intention at any point, I'm honestly curious where is the evidence of that?
    They announced a 10 movie slate in 2014 with most solo films being Justice League members who would appear in the then 2 part Justice League and even the non Justice League related films were to have League cameos like Batman and Flash in Suicide Squad.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't think this was conceived as a shared universe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Isn't Ron Clark's in-law in the comics? Lana's husband and father of her child?
    Didn't Perry White have a black son?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Great. How much screen time would they get in a movie? Nowhere near what the far more recognizable Lois, Perry, or Jimmy would get. That might not be fair, but we all know it is what it is.
    Lucy Lane's husband, not Lana's. And are they even still married in the current continuity? And even if they are, Lucy is way more iconic for being Jimmy's girlfriend/foil than she is for being married to another member of the supporting cast. And Lucy herself has a serious uphill climb to ever make it into a movie.

"This movie would have been better with obscure character Ron Troupe in it!"- said no Superman fan ever. Yes, Perry, Lois and Jimmy are far more likely to make it into a movie (well...poor Jimmy) and are more likely to be race swapped to get diversity than by adding a far less important supporting character. The DCEU's casting of Laurence Fishburne was actually one of the best decisions they made, and it's a shame he's out.

Also, had he lasted longer, Gina Torres should have played Alice (I miss Hannibal...).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'm sorry but race bending character's just isn't as meaningful as using actual diverse characters, nor does it do anything for true diversity in the long run. What did casting a non White actor as Aquaman do? Hes still White everywhere else? In comics, video games, cartoons, merchandise...etc. In fact when Jason is done with his trilogy, whose to say the new creative team won't just cast a White actor in the role? It's happened several times with Catwoman.

On the flip side, Cyborg will always be Black. Katana will always be Asian. El Diablo will always be Latino...etc. I need more of that kind of diversity, and less of the "lets make this White character non White... See we're progressive" crap.

Anyway addressing the rumors, I can see WB letting Gadot, Momoa and Robbie finish their trilogies, while building a new movie universe with Batison, new Flash, Supergirl (a new Superman) and all those new heroes in development, then introducing a new Aquaman and Wonder Woman in a JL film. Hopefull it'll go better this time.
    Casting a non white actor as Aquaman gave a generation of kids the first mainstream superhero of Polynesian descent. Yeah, they'll likely cast a white actor in a future Aquaman movie and that guy will have to deal with being compared unfavorably to his predecessor like every actor who takes over a superhero role. Until that day comes, we have a Polynesian Aquaman. I plan to enjoy it, other media be damned.