Page 256 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1562062462522532542552562572582592602663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Because I want to see the DC heroes interact with each other.
    I think at this point for now we'll just have to hope the flagship DC movies build up the "families" that can maybe coexist and connect in separate movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think at this point for now we'll just have to hope the flagship DC movies build up the "families" that can maybe coexist and connect in separate movies.
    They'll have crossovers, interactions, and team-ups, I have no doubt about that. I think the movies will be more like an ongoing series. Batman will be in his own movies maybe with a reference to another hero but mainly follow it's own status quo and then just show up in Justice League or something that will have it's own status quo.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/sta...22242425196544

Matt Reeves has pretty much confirmed that Pattinson is his Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/sta...22242425196544

Matt Reeves has pretty much confirmed that Pattinson is his Batman.
    What Pattinson movie is that gif from.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What Pattinson movie is that gif from.
    Good Time, which is probably Pattinson's best work. He's an absolute chameleon in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Good Time, which is probably Pattinson's best work. He's an absolute chameleon in it.
    Thanks, Holt. Will check it out for sure.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I talked to a friend about Pattinson, and he had a good point. Keep in mind that Pattinson didn't like the Twilight movies any more than we did. It was a paycheck for him. He's been trying to move past Edward Cullen for years now.

Often, an actor with something to prove can be counted on to deliver a shocking performance. Pattinson has been praised for his acting in several indie movies and this is his first (and possibly only) chance to leave Twilight behind him. He might just surprise us.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

I'm surprised that so many people who like Batman movies have also seen the entire Twilight series of movies, so that they've formed an opinion about Robert Pattinson. It's even more surprising that after seeing the first one and hating it, they kept on watching the movies. Why?

There must be something wrong with me, I like Batman movies and yet I never saw a Twilight movie. Nothing against that franchise, but I don't go to see that many Hollywood movies in general (for instance, I've never seen a Harry Potter movie or read a Harry Potter book). So I have no opinion about Robert Pattinson--don't think I've seen him in anything.

It just creates bad public perception. And it sucks because neither Robert Pattinson, nor Kristen Stewart are bad actors, they just happened to star in bad movies. Same reason people thought Hayden Christensen was a bad actor when his Anakin Skywalker was just a bad character in bad SW movies.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-03-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

I have never seen Robert Pattinson act in anything except in a Harry Potter: Goblet Of Fire where he played Cedric Diggory and a few chunks of Twilight that I bothered to see on television before changing the channel.

So I'm really am indifferent towards his casting but at this point I'm kind of indifferent towards getting another Bat-flick since I'm much more eager to see another Superman movie than I am a Batman film. The Last Son Of Krypton is long overdue for a great modern movie.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Never forget Michael Keaton was in Mr. Mom before he was Batman .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It just creates bad public perception. And it sucks because neither Robert Pattinson, nor Kristen Stewart are bad actors, they just happened to star in bad movies. Same reason people thought Hayden Christensen was a bad actor when his Anakin Skywalker was just a bad character in bad SW movies.
    No...His acting was terrible in that too...A good actor can take crap and make something out of it. I am not saying that Hayden is a bad actor but he was badly acting in those movies...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    No...His acting was terrible in that too...A good actor can take crap and make something out of it. I am not saying that Hayden is a bad actor but he was badly acting in those movies...
    It takes quite a bit of experience for an actor to get a bad script and bad directing and making something good out of it. It's one thing to expect Max von Sydow to make something great of a role in Judge Dredd, quite another to have a 20-something actor do the same thing.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I have to agree. He was better in the third movie, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I feel like Pattinson is the least of our concerns. The casting in the DCEU has sometimes been odd, but is usually pretty solid (with a few exceptions) and Batman is a pretty easy role to nail down. Growl, lift weights for six months, get some angst, BOOM: Batman.

This ain't Hamlet.

I haven't seen much from the guy outside of Harry Potter, but he seems like a decent actor from what I've seen (never saw the Twilight movies). He'll be fine. Might not knock out a performance like Ledger's Joker but he should do well enough to satisfy.

Im more concerned about the hooligans behind the cameras than I am the cast in front of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.