Page 258 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1215438

Oh man, I'm loving this take so much already. This is basically like the Arkham Origins game where it does focus on a younger less seasoned Bruce Wayne. Boy this might be the most I've been stoked about a Bat-movie in a while. Sign me up.
    Or Telltale Batman.

Will they do the Wayne murders again? I hope not .

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Will they do the Wayne murders again? I hope not .
    It should be done like so:

"Perhaps if there had been anti-crime centres of the type you now propose when my own parents were murdered by dastardly criminals..."
    --Bruce (Adam West) Wayne, "Hi Diddle Riddle," BATMAN (1966), season 1, episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I did watch a lot of movies in my younger days. I did film studies at university and was constantly watching movies from film history, learning about all the great directors and the important movements in the artform over the century. Although, I have to say even then, I tended to miss a lot of the new Hollywood releases, as I was seeing a great many old films and foreign films. I belonged to film societies, where we would get obscure movies and project them for ourselves, sometimes in someone's apartment, if we couldn't get a venue. And for awhile I lived above a second run theatre, where my friends worked there and gave me free popcorn and coffee, so it was like my own living room.

Then, after those experiences, thanks to cheapskate Tuesdays and film festivals, I continued to go to a lot of movies for about a decade, until a protracted projectionists' strike stopped me from going to the mainstream releases. And I still rented a lot of movies on VHS and DVD from a local videostore which had a wide collection. However, it's now been a long while since I went to see the latest movies coming out on screen every week--only seeing about four or five movies in theatres per year. More recently, I've been watching a great many movies at home--but usually I'm catching up on movies I missed in the past--so maybe eventually I'll get around to watching the Twilight movies.
    I would love to live above a theater like that. My friends and I during Film school would try to watch a random movie every night. I would really recommend Letterboxd if you aren't already a part of it. It's a pretty cool site where you can log movies you've seen and do other social media stuff related to movies. Look me up if you join. https://letterboxd.com/byrd156/

As for the Batman topic, I feel that going for an Arkham Origins-esque route is for the best and what I hope they do. I hope we get villains that don't have to go through their origin stories either. I feel like that's just as important as not seeing the Wayne's die again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm pretty over origin stories in general. I think it's totally possible to plop an audience into a world where superheroes and supervillains simply exist in ongoing conflict.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

JOKER, BIRDS OF PREY, WONDER WOMAN 1984 Skipping COMIC-CON HALL H - Report: https://www.newsarama.com/45458-joke...-h-report.html

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Wow, first Sony skips E3 now WB is skipping Comic-Con ugh
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 06-05-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Mighty Member
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 06-05-2019 at 04:26 PM.

In the end I end up with the same thoughts about that I already shared in the DCEU Supes thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Thanks for the share.

Well, I mentally closed up shop after Shazam anyway. Still sad to see them throw the towel but after having watched Marvels Infinity Saga kind of expected. WB very sadly has absolutely in no way form or shape the ability to make something remotely like that with DC and even less so with this Aeuthor (or however it is spelled) approach and no coherent vision of one who apparently cares about the correct presentation of DC characters like the MCU had. Thanks for trying for 7,5 movies (of which I enjoyed all) but that is where I eject. At least in the "be in the movies and get the limited edition bluray asap" department.

Considering that they never got something simple like that none of the cast where the problem I have absolutely zero faith in them getting it done in the future.
    Disney/Marvel took WB, crunshed them, spate them out and let them weep into a corner. As a DC fan I'm simply disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    JOKER, BIRDS OF PREY, WONDER WOMAN 1984 Skipping COMIC-CON HALL H - Report: https://www.newsarama.com/45458-joke...-h-report.html
    That's pretty weird. Disney/Marvel I can understand having less of a presence at Comic Con since they have their own Disney Con. But what is WB's reasoning? Maybe they’re afraid of the fan’s response to the Batman casting. Trying to avoid bad press before the film even starts shooting.

Whatever. I have near zero excitement for DC movies since they’re apparently kicking Superman to the curb.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

So Warner Bros. and DC isn't doing a Hall H movie presentation at Comic-Con this year? Is that new news?

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByVtL39B..._web_copy_link

...just realized that this was just posted above.

That's a lot of gold. I kind of like it.

I wonder what purpose this will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I wonder why they'd skip it with three movies to promote. Super odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That's pretty weird. Disney/Marvel I can understand having less of a presence at Comic Con since they have their own Disney Con. But what is WB's reasoning? Maybe they’re afraid of the fan’s response to the Batman casting. Trying to avoid bad press before the film even starts shooting.

Whatever. I have near zero excitement for DC movies since they’re apparently kicking Superman to the curb.

I'm with you on this, bro. The treatment of Superman -- either not doing a movie or coming up with absurd plots to do "alternate" takes on the character, combined with what I think looks like a dog crap Birds of Prey, has left me hating comic book movies.

Ehh Superman has had enough movies already. I'm enjoying the fact that DC is finally branching out with Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam. Soon we'll add Flash to that list. Gives me hope we'll get Blue Beetle sooner rather than later.

On a side note, that's so strange that WB is skipping Comic Con all together! No Joker, BOP, WW84, Godzilla vs Kong, FB3 updates...etc that's so strange.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I'm with you on this, bro. The treatment of Superman -- either not doing a movie or coming up with absurd plots to do "alternate" takes on the character, combined with what I think looks like a dog crap Birds of Prey, has left me hating comic book movies.
    Yep. After all this time and they’re still considering alternate takes on Supes just shows me that they haven’t learned anything. They still don’t understand the character and are in fact looking to replace him with a Supergirl franchise (I’m a Supergirl fan and would like to see her in a solo flick but they need to introduce her in a SUPERMAN movie). I even had trouble getting excited about Endgame. Still enjoyed the hell out of it but knowing that my favorite character (and the one who started it all!) is most likely getting shelved for the foreseeable future really kills any excitement I have for superhero movies in general.