Page 278 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1782282682742752762772782792802812822883283787781278 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 20948
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Jenny was a gender bent Jimmy then who was that guy in BATMAN V SUPERMAN?
    Some of the promotional material called her Jenny Olsen. She was meant to be a genderbent Jimmy, but they backed away from that for some reason when releasing the movie.

What was the point of CIA Jimmy? Couldn't tell ya. I'm one of the people who generally enjoyed the Snyder movies, but the Jimmy thing seemed kinda cruel for no reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    What was the point of CIA Jimmy?
    It was supposed to be “fun.”
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It was supposed to be “fun.”
    "What a twist!"

(Although they cut out the scenes that even made it clearer that was supposed to be Jimmy Olsen in the first place).

I liked the MOS battle because it showed how terrifying a world with these super powerful aliens would be. It shows what the life of a super hero would be like. It’s not pretty. It’s not adulation. It’s a scary world. I detest the 70’s movies because it feels like such a cartoon. Superman smiles at everyone and everyone cheers for him. No one gets hurt in his battles. That’s not a version I want to see. Being Superman should be rewarding because of the good he does but we should also see the ugliness he encounters everyday. I know it’s all fantasy but I want it as grounded as possible. MOS nailed that for me.

Rumor is that Andy Serkis may be playing someone in The Batman.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06...specified-role

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Rumor is that Andy Serkis may be playing someone in The Batman.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06...specified-role
    I guess the question would be...motion capture, or non motion capture :P?

Clayface seems too obvious for me, although I think Clayface is too out there to just pop in a movie unless they tone his powers down to pre-Crisis levels.

BANNED

It's Andy Serkis, he could be playing literally anybody

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I've seen this done quite a few times this trying to make Zack Snyder films deep I've seen all of his movies and From Dawn of the Dead onward he never failed to dumb down the message of a story he was adapting because he likes "cool" action scenes he did it with Dawn, he did it with Watchmen, and he did it with Man of Steel Superman took the fight to Smallville because you can't have explosions in an empty corn field and once he had his metaphorical shining keys dangling in front of the audience he didn't sweat the details until a portion of the audience left Man of Steel horrified Superman helped cause the equivalent of 9/11 but a 1,000 times worse and on steroids.

No Jimmy was the reporter/CIA Agent who got shot in the head in BvS because isn't Zack edgy?
    Nobody's "trying to make Zack Snyder films deep," people have simply found deeper meanings in the movies that you haven't. You may see one scene and see it as keys dangling, and other people may have found a lot of poignance in it. Neither you or that person is right or wrong, but it's wild to me that you are always chomping at the bit to be able to tell someone Zack Snyder is a bad filmmaker and an edgelord. Are you able to accept that there are folks out there that don't agree with you? Healthy debates are fun but what's the point if you all you do is basically shame that person for enjoying something you didn't? Liking Snyder's films doesn't make someone violence-obsessed or stupid and oblivious to "good filmmaking."
    Last edited by Elmo; 06-26-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's Andy Serkis, he could be playing literally anybody
    So, Clayface .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, Clayface .
    He's gonna play every villain except Clayface.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

He'll mocap for Batman so they don't have to build a suit for Pattinson

But nah, he won't mocap. He'll play the new Alfred. Call me crazy, but my gut says Alf.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I've seen this done quite a few times this trying to make Zack Snyder films deep I've seen all of his movies and From Dawn of the Dead onward he never failed to dumb down the message of a story he was adapting because he likes "cool" action scenes he did it with Dawn, he did it with Watchmen, and he did it with Man of Steel Superman took the fight to Smallville because you can't have explosions in an empty corn field and once he had his metaphorical shining keys dangling in front of the audience he didn't sweat the details until a portion of the audience left Man of Steel horrified Superman helped cause the equivalent of 9/11 but a 1,000 times worse and on steroids.

No Jimmy was the reporter/CIA Agent who got shot in the head in BvS because isn't Zack edgy?
    And there I thought we're having a healthy exchange of opinions, but I guess "Snyder iz da edg3l0rd" straight from youtube comments is the better rebuttal.

Fact is, "Does the world need Superman?" scene is more evocative than 95% of the Superman content I've ever seen or read. But hey, Snyder doesn't know what he's doing with characters he doens't know how to write!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    And there I thought we're having a healthy exchange of opinions, but I guess "Snyder iz da edg3l0rd" straight from youtube comments is the better rebuttal.

Fact is, "Does the world need Superman?" scene is more evocative than 95% of the Superman content I've ever seen or read. But hey, Snyder doesn't know what he's doing with characters he doens't know how to write!
    Then, you may not have seen or read that much superman content then. I am sorry. But, i tend to skip snyder superman discussions because its futile. But i hate and disagree with this notion that snyder made superman relatable, deep or great. Because its a fucking joke. Superman was great wayyyyyy before snyder graced us with his "vision".
    I don't care, if you guys want to discuss snyder. I hate name calling,which sucks. But, this notion that snyder brought back a golden age for superman is false. Superman is struggling much more than ever before. So bringing or starting this false narrative is ignorant. It's gonna take much more than snyder "vision" to change what people think of the character. Which has been for last few decades been that he is boring, doesn't work for his powers, doesn't have struggles/too op and is unrelatable. None of this is actually true. Atleast not for me and people who actually read any superman.
    "does world need superman?" is not some "never been done before" thing with superman. It has been done before, to death i might add.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Then, you may not have seen or read that much superman content then. I am sorry. But, i tend to skip snyder superman discussions because its futile. But i hate and disagree with this notion that snyder made superman relatable, deep or great. Because its a fucking joke. Superman was great wayyyyyy before snyder graced us with his "vision".
    I don't care, if you guys want to discuss snyder. I hate name calling,which sucks. But, this notion that snyder brought back a golden age for superman is false. Superman is struggling much more than ever before. So bringing or starting this false narrative is ignorant. It's gonna take much more than snyder "vision" to change what people think of the character. Which has been for last few decades been that he is boring, doesn't work for his powers, doesn't have struggles/too op and is unrelatable. None of this is actually true. Atleast not for me and people who actually read any superman.
    "does world need superman?" is not some "never been done before" thing with superman. It has been done before, to death i might add.
    You're just going to have to get over it. I mentioned it earlier but Superman was the foundation for my reading comics almost 20 years ago. I've collected different stories from different eras, lived and grown with this character. There are so many different interpretations that people prefer over others but in my opinion, Snyder absolutely nailed it. You can't say it's not true because there are people out there who came out of those movies with different understandings than you did. I'm really sorry that it offends you but you realize all of this is a matter of opinion right? I don't think anyone is arguing that Snyder brought a golden age for Superman and "repopularized" the character. He just had his own take on it. When I watch those movies Snyder's Superman reminds me more of the comic book Superman than anything else, a close second would be some of the DCAU stuff. Perhaps Christopher Reeves is considered the quintessential Superman but nothing about the characterization reminded me at all of a comic book Superman, even from the golden or silver ages. You can call me crazy or tell me I'm "lying" (lmao) but all you're doing is denying that there are ALWAYS going to be people out there with differing opinions from yours. Nobody agrees that Snyder does not have a huge fanbase and devotees, and that a "everyone" hated his movies.
    Last edited by Elmo; 06-27-2019 at 09:02 AM.

BANNED

I don't think anyone in this instance was mentioning things "never done before" with Superman either. A lot of people could sense Snyder's knowledge and passion for the character, at least I could. Blah blah I'm crazy I'm lying Snyder's too edgy! Heard all of it before and we just keep going round and round. Ice in the veins at this point.