Page 279 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1792292692752762772782792802812822832893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 20948

The Snyder Superman discussion bores me now. I respect those who love his Superman, but I also understand some of those who have some problems with it. I don't think he totally nailed the Superman I love, but he at least took the character seriously. Too seriously many would say. His Superman lacked joy and hope, but Snyder at least had ambition. But the devil is in the details, and he kind of failed to make his Superman loved by most. His Superman deeply divided the fandom and here we are. So he failed for the most part, imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The Snyder Superman discussion bores me now. I respect those who love his Superman, but I also understand some of those who have some problems with it. I don't think he totally nailed the Superman I love, but he at least took the character seriously. Too seriously many would say. His Superman lacked joy and hope, but Snyder at least had ambition. But the devil is in the details, and he kind of failed to make his Superman loved by most. His Superman deeply divided the fandom and here we are. So he failed for the most part, imo.
    Why don't you leave the thread then? The whole reason the discussion continues is because not everyone agrees with your take. Sorry but that's just the truth. It's a debate for a reason, there are varying opinions on the matter and people want to be able to discuss them. To some people Snyder made two amazing DC films and nailed what he was trying to do. Whether you consider it a minority opinion doesn't matter, the proof is in the pudding that these discussions continue to happen so there's no point in trying to minimize them.

Because that'd abandon a worthwhile thread to people who never shuts up about the one thing they will never get.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Because that'd abandon a worthwhile thread to people who never shuts up about the one thing they will never get.
    who cares? just ignore it? this is a thread about DC movies so there should be no problem with discussing ones that have been released, the characters, the plot, everything. there's literally nothing wrong with that. if any of you can actually provide a valid reason why fans of Zack Snyder should all of a sudden stop talking about him all because there are people who don't like him, I could consider that perspective. but as of right now it makes no sense to me. as fans we should be able to discuss what we want since this is the thread for that. I've been trying to keep these discussions healthy and civil but they always seem to devolve into "Zack Snyder is an edgelord who doesn't understand the characters," which just brings us back to square one. like I said, why not just get over it and let people talk about what they want to talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yeah, for real. There's other things to discuss and it's a little tiring to see it always come back to Snyder stuff.

Anyway, some positive early buzz for Birds of Prey.
    https://twitter.com/thomas_polito/st...55612781875200

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, for real. There's other things to discuss and it's a little tiring to see it always come back to Snyder stuff.
    then don't talk about it yourself? there can be multiple discussions at once. still not seeing the problem. it's only tiring for those who don't want to discuss it, but what about all the people who do?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    then don't talk about it yourself?
    If that's the case then you don't need to address every single person in the thread who doesn't like Snyder's movies or finds the talk annoying. Win-win.
    Last edited by Holt; 06-27-2019 at 03:33 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, I don't care what your views are here, but you need to do it in a civil manner.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

If that's the case then you don't need to address every single person in the thread who doesn't like Snyder's movies or finds the walk annoying. Win-win.
    Yeah except I for the most part have been really welcoming and haven't received that at all in return so it's pretty disheartening. and it's all just subs anyway so I'm not responding to unrelated stuff. there's nothing wrong with any discussions that people have had in here and everyone should feel welcome to talk about what they want. and I hope more people can see that and feel inspired to talk about what they want. I'm tired of the divisiveness is all

BANNED

Harley cineverse is on the way

"Harley Franchise" - Well, there's a thought...

I think birds of prey will be a good movie but maybe not necessarily a great “birds of prey” movie.

Looks like another glorious victory for the DCEU!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think birds of prey will be a good movie but maybe not necessarily a great “birds of prey” movie.
    Oh god, please don’t do that.

If it means I get Gotham City Sirens I am all for it. Frankly I am more interested in GCS and was very disapointed they went with Birds of Prey instead.
    I wonder if they will use the same Catwoman as there is supposedly going to be used in The Batman. Or if they recast the role like they did with Joker.