Page 289 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1892392792852862872882892902912922932993393897891289 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Morgan Stark is a character from the comics, it's just male rather than female and he's Tony's cousin who resents him.

So yes, it's quite possible for Bronze Tiger to have a daughter, but it would still feel similar, since they already did "the villain who cares about his daughter" aspect with Deadshot.
    Yeah, I don’t see it being too necessary or refreshing..

Yeah, but Suicide Squad sucked, so they could explore the idea more competently here.

As for Morgan, she's for all intents and purposes a new character. So the overall point about adaptations giving children to characters who don't have them in the comics is still apt.

Surprising nobody, Jesse Eisenberg says he's not coming back as Lex any time soon.
    https://heroichollywood.com/justice-...rg-lex-luthor/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah, but Suicide Squad sucked, so they could explore the idea more competently here.

As for Morgan, she's for all intents and purposes a new character. So the overall point about adaptations giving children to characters who don't have them in the comics is still apt.
    I don't have a problem with Will Smith's deadshot or his story in suicide squad but I would point out that it is the laziest thing to cast another black actor and give him the exact same story line that the previous male lead had in the first movie.

People in general seem to be confused about the movie's premise
    Initially Elba was supposed to be playing Deadshot replacing Will Smith since the script had a similar plot involving deadshot from the first one. Now WB later said they would want to work with Will smith again and would prefer his character not be recast. So Deadshot in the script becomes whoever played by Elba
    Whoever he's playing will have a daughter as that role has already been cast by young actress Storm Reid.

So Will smith and Shailyn Pierre-Dixon take a break for a movie and probably come back for the sequel or next crossover movie

Surprising nobody, Jesse Eisenberg says he's not coming back as Lex any time soon.
    The other side of Cavill being out: Not having to see that atrocious version of Lex ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The other side of Cavill being out: Not having to see that atrocious version of Lex ever again.
    I liked that Lex. I hate smooth-suave-in-control-of-everything-Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    The latter is my standard Lex, so agree to disagree .

But "in-control" Lex is always more amusing because Superman inevitably takes that control away from him .

But, yeah, I'm not going to miss Eisenberg either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I don't have a problem with Will Smith's deadshot or his story in suicide squad but I would point out that it is the laziest thing to cast another black actor and give him the exact same story line that the previous male lead had in the first movie.

People in general seem to be confused about the movie's premise
    Initially Elba was supposed to be playing Deadshot replacing Will Smith since the script had a similar plot involving deadshot from the first one. Now WB later said they would want to work with Will smith again and would prefer his character not be recast. So Deadshot in the script becomes whoever played by Elba
    Whoever he's playing will have a daughter as that role has already been cast by young actress Storm Reid.

So Will smith and Shailyn Pierre-Dixon take a break for a movie and probably come back for the sequel or next crossover movie
    To be honest I'd just have Deadshot be in the movie, mask only.

THANK. GOD.

Maybe now we can finally get the real Lex Luthor back on screen in the future.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well I totally disagree with you. And Snyder’s Lex WAS “in control of everything Lex” just done absolutely awful. Dude knew everyone’s secret identities and set up the fight along with creating Doomsday. He was Eisenberg doing a crap Heath Ledger Joker impression and I’m glad he’s gone.

Incredible Member

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/13/...plit-audience/

Would have thought WB execs would have learned by now. Hopefully Robbie can flex some of her star power to get them to back off

Retired

I know Margot Robbie is a star, but she's not a writer or a director. The movie sounds like a vanity project--which sometimes is worth the gamble because even if such movies don't do well, it's worth it to keep the talent happy so they will do other projects for the studio that will make money. But from what I've heard about this movie, it's a big gamble. It's not that Black Mask is gay, but that he seems to be an offensive gay stereotype--so the very people you would want on board for the movie, progressive and LGBTQ audiences, might be the ones who turn on it and attack it on social media. And that worries me, not because I care much about BIRDS OF PREY itself, but because bad DC movies tend to infect other DC movies. And with WONDER WOMAN 1984 being the next movie to come out, a bad performance by BIRDS OF PREY could end up tanking WW 84.

BANNED

I don't have faith in Robbie. She's green in writing screenplays and in producing. Plus this movie came together very quickly. The mistake that Warner Bros and probably Robbie made is that it's just comic books. It's easy and anyone came do it. But I think that you have to really dive into the comic world and stay in it to get a grasp of what its all about. I don't think that Robbie did that but hopefully I'm wrong because if BOP bombs it will probably hurt Wonder Woman's box office.

This time my instincts says to side with Warner Bros studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/13/...plit-audience/

Would have thought WB execs would have learned by now. Hopefully Robbie can flex some of her star power to get them to back off
    I don't really know how I feel about this movie but I know executive meddling from WB never ends well.

Well I totally disagree with you. And Snyder’s Lex WAS “in control of everything Lex” just done absolutely awful. Dude knew everyone’s secret identities and set up the fight along with creating Doomsday. He was Eisenberg doing a crap Heath Ledger Joker impression and I’m glad he’s gone.
    He lost control of Doomsday upon creating him so no, he wasn't in control of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I don't have faith in Robbie. She's green in writing screenplays and in producing.
    She didn't write the screenplay, Christina Hodson did. And I'm guessing WB liked that given they recently hired Hodson to write The Flash as well.

That's exactly what it felt like. Which is a shame, since Eisenberg is usually a good actor. But everything about this Lex was misconceived from top to bottom.