Page 304 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2042542943003013023033043053063073083143544048041304 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Wonder Woman started the trend that all female Superhero solo movies have to be period pieces (I think) .
    I’d set X-Men:First Class etc series of movies as the vanguard of the “period piece superhero movie” trend. It’s just happened to make more sense with some characters than others...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    I honestly think Green Lantern (John Stewart) is their best option. He’s mostly known because of the cartoon and has a significant interest from people who grew up watching it. DC has mostly pushed Hal Jordan so there’s a high chance DC wouldn’t be the lead of a GL movie.
    People always bring up John but I always felt like Vixen would make more sense if only because her African heritage and being black is more relevant then John's unless you try and really focus on it in a GL story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I’d set X-Men:First Class etc series of movies as the vanguard of the “period piece superhero movie” trend. It’s just happened to make more sense with some characters than others...
    True, but it just seems like almost every female Superhero movie ends up being a period piece.

Black Widow is a prequel. The rumored Supergirl movie is set to be one if the rumor are accurate. Captain Marvel 2 might be a prequel considering how big of a time jump there is from her movie to Endgame and what all she's probably been doing.

Birds of Prey seems to be the only exception right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Oh, and he also has no dick anymore.
    While I agree with most of your points, that's just a very weird thing to focus on in your comic books man...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Unlike Wonder Woman and Aquaman, Guardians Of The Galaxy did a completely new take on the characters and lore. Since GOTG was unknown they could make those changes because it was already a risk using a team mainstream audiences never heard of. I think the same thing would need to be done with black heroes like Cyborg. It’s obviously that Cyborg needs a completely new take because none of the characters depictions outside of the animated versions have been memorable and successful.
    You could argue that Marvel didn't need to do a completely new take on the characters and lore, but we'll never know. But why do you need to do something so drastic with DC's black characters? How come none of them are appealing as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While I agree with most of your points, that's just a very weird thing to focus on in your comic books man...
    It's silly and I wouldn't have even brought it up otherwise, but like I said, it's a million little things piling up that made the character an ill-fitting choice for the role DC and WB were trying to fit him into. Which is a shame, because Ray Fisher seems like a really nice guy every time I see him in interviews.

Oh, and he also has no dick anymore.
    No longer the case. If it ever was at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No longer the case. If it ever was at all.
    I was referring to the New 52 take the movies and other media have adapted. Trust me, I would've much preferred if they went with stuff from the Walker run instead.

I was referring to the New 52 take the movies and other media have adapted. Trust me, I would've much preferred if they went with stuff from the Walker run instead.
    The Doom Patrol and Young Justice versions at least are closer looking to the Wolfman and Perez versions. Or did you mean the Teen Titans cartoons when you said other media?

They should make a Terrifics movie, beat Marvel to the punch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Doom Patrol and Young Justice versions at least are closer looking to the Wolfman and Perez versions.
    I already said that I viewed Doom Patrol as an exception and that they did a much better take on Cyborg than the movies or what the comics have been doing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They should make a Terrifics movie, beat Marvel to the punch lol.
    There was a writer hired for a Plastic Man movie, though I don't believe there were any updates after that.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-10-2019 at 09:55 PM.

I already said that I viewed Doom Patrol as an exception and that they did a much better take on Cyborg than the movies or what the comics have been doing with him.

There was a writer hired for a Plastic Man movie, though I don't believe there were any updates after that.
    We haven’t heard anything about the Plastic Man or Blue Beetle movies I’m so long that I’m pretty confident they aren’t happening any time soon.

Edited post. NVM.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-10-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Some recent stuff, not sure if this has been discussed here already...

The rest of this is here:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...k-heroes-dceu/
    Pre-Edit: WARNING! The following might read like a rant... most likely because it is. I'm really furious at WB.

.... oh boy. Those s$&/!p, f@(]!$g, mo§%)!(, a$&h&@d d!%$!/s should have screened Cyborg 1-2 years ago already! By now I should already be in anticipation for Cyborg 2! They can shove they insulting bigtalk lipservice and should start to actually do something. Also a new "DCEU" movie/series? Haven't they proclaimed it dead already besides the stuff that already is about to roll? So far I as a fan that hoped for an DC answer to the MCU got sidelined pillar characters, an almost monty phytonesque dance around the Flash movie, disrespectful upcoming team movies in which the only correct portrayed character is not even even part of the team, a Joker movie because we want to be artsy instead of a DCEU Joker with a reversed protagonist/antagonist view compared to a Batman movie, a Batman movie thats disconnected and the general atmosphere that WB wished that WW, AM & S would have tanked and been hated by critics/fans too to just shove it all under the carpet quickly for a big reboot instead of getting the correct lesson that the established characters still work if the surrounding movie is good. And then there is that one "but its all a connected multiverse even if it does not share anything hurhur" superbrain on some con trying to excuse their blatant incompetence. Meanwhile Marvel introduces something quite similar sounding to Warworld (maybe, maybe not something different) and their Multiverse in their next Phase of shared, connected movies and shows.

Good god I need a coffee now.

I'll absolutely take an "artsy" Phoenix Joker movie over a Leto Joker vehicle, so I'm good there.

I'll absolutely take an "artsy" Phoenix Joker movie over a Leto Joker vehicle, so I'm good there.
    Its less about a rant against the artsy Joker and more about a rant of WBs failure to channel towards a shared movie universe. At best we should get both but even stubborn me can see two Joker movies at the same time not working with any but the most hardcore audience

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Idris Elba is rumored to playing bronze tiger in the suicide squad sequel. He counts as a black anti-hero/hero I suppose.

The green lantern movie has long been rumored to be a training day/ lethal weapon style buddy cop film with Hal and john.