Page 311 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2112613013073083093103113123133143153213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    WB has a Blue Beetle film in development. Jaime has usually been called DC's Spider-Man so there's that. Static would be cool too
    I would not hold your breath on that one man. Remember Lobo? Deathstroke? Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Grace's thoughts on the New Gods

also just found out what the BOP plot was. at this point DC should just say they enjoy failing
    I don’t agree with everything Grace says but I think she’s spot on with some of her concerns about The New Gods. Anyone who doesn’t think Marvel/Disney and DC/WB aren’t in an “arms race” to be the first to establish their similar properties is kidding themselves. They need to be first to implant these similar characters into the pop culture consciousness. When Quicksilver was announced for Avengers (and appeared in the X Men films), WB fast-tracked The Flash tv show and started making plans for a Flash movie (which we know hasn’t worked out so well). Supergirl getting a tv show and being given the Danvers name that she hadn’t used in years right after Marvel was making plans to bring Captain Marvel to the big screen. And of course the huge victory of getting Thanos into a movie before Darkseid. To people who don’t know anything about the source material, Darkseid will always be seen as a rip off of Thanos (which of course we know is the opposite). I was not surprised at all to hear that Disney was hitting the gas to get The Eternal in theaters before The New Gods.

I’ve been totally expecting Barda to be black in the movie. I know changing a character’s ethnicity can be a hot button issue for some. Im personally not a fan as it really holds back lesser known characters who happen to be POC. The fact that WB has changed the ethnicity of white characters while ignoring Vixen is ridiculous. They have a character with massive potential right there but they’d rather make Black Canary black.

WB has a Blue Beetle film in development. Jaime has usually been called DC's Spider-Man so there's that. Static would be cool too
    A Blue Beetle film would be amazing and very culturally impactful, that’s how I know WB won’t do it.

Retired

I've been thinking about how the New Gods could be cast with mostly black actors--not because I had read that was going to happen, but just because it occurred to me that this is one property where that could work and I wouldn't have a problem with it. They're gods, so how they appear to us is just our perception.

I mean instead of casting a bunch of actors with British accents to play gods--as seems to be the usual Hollywood approach to casting the gods--howabout we try casting people of colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don’t agree with everything Grace says but I think she’s spot on with some of her concerns about The New Gods. Anyone who doesn’t think Marvel/Disney and DC/WB aren’t in an “arms race” to be the first to establish their similar properties is kidding themselves. They need to be first to implant these similar characters into the pop culture consciousness. When Quicksilver was announced for Avengers (and appeared in the X Men films), WB fast-tracked The Flash tv show and started making plans for a Flash movie (which we know hasn’t worked out so well). Supergirl getting a tv show and being given the Danvers name that she hadn’t used in years right after Marvel was making plans to bring Captain Marvel to the big screen. And of course the huge victory of getting Thanos into a movie before Darkseid. To people who don’t know anything about the source material, Darkseid will always be seen as a rip off of Thanos (which of course we know is the opposite). I was not surprised at all to hear that Disney was hitting the gas to get The Eternal in theaters before The New Gods.

I’ve been totally expecting Barda to be black in the movie. I know changing a character’s ethnicity can be a hot button issue for some. Im personally not a fan as it really holds back lesser known characters who happen to be POC. The fact that WB has changed the ethnicity of white characters while ignoring Vixen is ridiculous. They have a character with massive potential right there but they’d rather make Black Canary black.

A Blue Beetle film would be amazing and very culturally impactful, that’s how I know WB won’t do it.

Oh I agree completely. It's a fight to the death, it has always been, and Disney/Marvel is winning right now. But I think as long as WB does the characters and movies the justice they deserve, they will be fine and can thrive. It's a big world, you just have to make great movies with mass appeal. Zack Snyder just didn't know how.

This is why I REALLY want WB to make a Justice League VS the Legion of Doom movie soon.. and before the MCU does it.... It seems the MCU somehow do it first these days despite DC having done it in the comics and animation first. Not fair to see WB being so clueless sometimes...
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-22-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Retired

I think that they use the CW to at least get the ideas out ther in the public sphere and plant their flag. Regular people watch these shows, not just comic book nerds. So CW got to show the multiverse, the Atom, Kara Danvers, Vixen, the Legion of Doom, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Earth-X, Reverse-Flash, Flashpoint, Rip Hunter, Gorilla Grodd, King Shark, the Monitor and now the Crisis on Infinite Earths. It may be cheap and may be dirty, but at least that's out there and enough people know about this stuff that it means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’ll never understand Grace Randolph’s appeal.
    Aside from her awesome comic series she seems like less of a shill than most of these entertainment Journalist. Plus i often find myself agreeing/sharing her POV

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Aside from her awesome comic series she seems like less of a shill than most of these entertainment Journalist. Plus i often find myself agreeing/sharing her POV
    I mean if you want ro spout made up **** and blame 'SJWs' then sure

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I mean if you want ro spout made up **** and blame 'SJWs' then sure
    Well seeing as most of her reveals end up legit [and there's literally lots of dated video evidence freely available on Youtube for anyone to cross check this] I suggest you find another legitimate counter.

SJW. Ugh what a vile term. I've never heard her blame SJW or even use that term. I'm gonna need a source. Perhaps you can direct me to just one of her videos where she does this?

Retired

I started watching Graces's videos when WONDER WOMAN came out. I don't watch every single one, just those I think will interest me. I've never heard her go off on other people. She may make remarks about certain actors, directors and such in a cutting way, but she doesn't lose her wick how other vloggers do. She keeps it pretty clean. I do disagree with some of the remarks she makes, but I don't disagree with how she presents those remarks.

If you go back just a few years, you'll see that her early videos had her standing nervously and not presenting herself that well on screen. So I'm impressed that she figured out how to do it right. Her videos are always well organized with a list of items to go through and it's a pretty easy watch. Where I part ways with Grace Randolph is that I'm more interested in movies as art and she seems more focused on movies as commerce--but she probably gets more clicks that way.

I started watching a bunch of other people at the same time I started watching GR. They all seem to cluster together as some sort of west coast clique--appearing on each other's programs. While Randolph is on the east coast and seems to be shunned by this crowd. While I like some of those people, it does worry me that they've circled the wagons to keep out other voices that don't fall in line with their world view..

At first I liked John Campea--he's Canadian--but after several months of watching him, I really got turned off by how he would go off on people and use foul language to talk about regular folks if he didn't agree with them. He's a regular bully and now I refuse to watch any of his videos. Comparing Grace to him, she's a well-mannered lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think that they use the CW to at least get the ideas out ther in the public sphere and plant their flag. Regular people watch these shows, not just comic book nerds. So CW got to show the multiverse, the Atom, Kara Danvers, Vixen, the Legion of Doom, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Earth-X, Reverse-Flash, Flashpoint, Rip Hunter, Gorilla Grodd, King Shark, the Monitor and now the Crisis on Infinite Earths. It may be cheap and may be dirty, but at least that's out there and enough people know about this stuff that it means something.
    Although some of the concepts could have been better handled then others. They really didn't do the JSA or the Legion the justice those concepts deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although some of the concepts could have been better handled then others. They really didn't do the JSA or the Legion the justice those concepts deserved.
    I agree, the Legion was a major disappointment for me.

Jim, I agree that Grace is well organized in her videos. I have watched a few and it's never boring, however, she can get very personal sometimes and be a real b!tch. For some reason she hates Henry Cavill. Maybe she met him and he kind of ignored her, so now she has a vendetta against him and takes every opportunity to put him down and everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would not hold your breath on that one man. Remember Lobo? Deathstroke? Nightwing?
    Lobo and Deathstroke were never really things, just rumors upon rumors. Nightwing though is apparently on hold until Reeves establishes his Batverse (just like Batgirl is). WB might like the PR that'll come from doing a Blue Beetle film so that'll increase it's chances of being made (Marvel certainly doesn't have a counter for Jaime since their Latino character roster is so weak, so DC has that going for them).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Lobo and Deathstroke were never really things, just rumors upon rumors. Nightwing though is apparently on hold until Reeves establishes his Batverse (just like Batgirl is). WB might like the PR that'll come from doing a Blue Beetle film so that'll increase it's chances of being made (Marvel certainly doesn't have a counter for Jaime since their Latino character roster is so weak, so DC has that going for them).
    I'd be surprised if WB had enough forethought with that.

Warner bros should also put Supergirl on hold until they figure out Superman....

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’ll never understand Grace Randolph’s appeal.
    She’s said some questionable things in the past. When she did a video breakdown of a Justice League trailer she said a scene featuring Cyborg wearing a hoodie was a reference to Trayvon Martin despite the character commonly wearing a hoodie and baggy clothes as cover up in the comics. When JL was released she made a video complaining about how Wonder Woman was sexualized and Cyborg was giving her lustful looks throughout the film. Her reaction to the Get Out trailer was interesting as well.