Page 314 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2142643043103113123133143153163173183243644148141314 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Arthur strikes me as the least well defined of the big 6 in terms of consistent personality, so I think basing the character around Momoa actually worked in ways it might not have for the other characters.
    Eh, his personality was fairly consistent and well-defined from Brightest Day onwards in my opinion. It just wasn't an "out-there" personality like Momoa's. And PAD's Aquaman had a fairly well-defined personality.

I think Barry has a less well-defined personality if only because writers usually just default to Wally when they write him.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if he's playing one of the villains...
    I think he will probably have a minor supporting or cameo. Could be a Washington or pentagon big wig like David harbour was in the first film.

Fillion has his rookie show in LA so he probably doesn't have a huge amount of time in his schedule to film a movie in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Well... you either ignored or willfully misunderstood the clip I attached. The man in there is really, really angry and feels disrespected by what he calls "lazy sloppy second tokenizations" (like upcoming Black Canary & probably Big Barda) instead of finally getting one or more of the magnitude of actual original POC characters. Sure, his examples is for MCU; but that does not matter in the context. These swaps are for ppl that don't care to begin with which shows me also how much the directors care about the property that have the luxury of making a movie of. Not much. Thats sad

All WB is showing here is disrespect. If they would actually care for diversification we already would had a Cyborg movie; STEEL now has a real chance since the DCEU had a death of Superman Event and Vixen would join the BoP (...and Huntress would actually be a POC). They don't. All they do is p*** off fans and brag about it.

Only against the short hair type. He did had the bearded wild man look for a long time in comics (and some of the Animated shows IIRC) and currently does so again (I do guess this time its because of the movies success though).

Momoas AQM is not the spot on representation of a specific AQM; but hes a really great amalgamation of several of them IMO.
    Check the multiverse. There are black Black Canaries.
    And let's not forget that the popular White Canary on the Arrowverse was originally Asian in the comics.

Retired

Besides Hal Jordan, Fillion has often been fan-cast as Booster Gold. He might be a bit long in the tooth to play either, but then there's Tom Cruise. So, as long as you're a man, they'll probably let you play anything. Women--not so much (looking at Kelly McGillis).

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Check the multiverse. There are black Black Canaries.
    And let's not forget that the popular White Canary on the Arrowverse was originally Asian in the comics.
    Are you talking about a pagesplosion which tries to clutter as many variants of a main version as possible on one or a double page like when Barry consults the flashs of the multiverse or Superman gets imprisoned into Superman prison camp or something actually developed? "check the multiverse" is a wide field in DC history. Unless you mean actual stuff like Multiversity; cant remember a black Black Canary there but Calvin Ellis was pretty cool

edit: I was not really aware of a White Canary before the show. AFAIK they are separate people. They should have given her another name than White Canary and at some point introduce the Asian White Canary. Its a bit like with Perry White DCEU version. While they are important characters they are not main character enough for me to care to get riled up about. But thats just two more cases of "it only works if one does not care about the original character enough to begin with".
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 08-25-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Read a claim on Facebook that Melissa Benoist (Supergirl) is being considered for the role of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl in Matt Reeves's The Batman movie. Be sure to have some salt handy so you can take a grain.

https://www.facebook.com/supergirlCW...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Read a claim on Facebook that Melissa Benoist (Supergirl) is being considered for the role of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl in Matt Reeves's The Batman movie. Be sure to have some salt handy so you can take a grain.

That would be so random.

That would be funny but I don’t believe it at all.

With this casting it seems like they’re gonna go with a version similar to the one in Gail’s Secret Six. As long as he says “I’m a shark, I’m a shark, I’m a mother f$&@ing shark!” I’ll be happy.

Astonishing Member

Nah, I’m good.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Taika Waititi In Talks For Role In James Gunn’s ‘Suicide Squad’: https://deadline.com/2019/08/suicide...st-1202704115/

The absolute madman.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-27-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Taika might return to DC, huh? I’m sure this movie will work out much better than his last forway into DC.

But who could forget the ever so memorable role as Hal’s comedic relief friend, Thomas Kalmaku?

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Taika Waititi In Talks For Role In James Gunn’s ‘Suicide Squad’: https://deadline.com/2019/08/suicide...st-1202704115/
    I think he's friends with Gunn, so that doesn't surprise me.

Lot of comedic stars getting attached to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    But who could forget the ever so memorable role as Hal’s comedic relief friend, Thomas Kalmaku?
    I forget if people liked him in that role. Did he get any good lines? I completely forget...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget if people liked him in that role. Did he get any good lines? I completely forget...
    Eh...well, he was the least of that movie’s many problems.

I did chuckle at his, “Hey, don’t they always get the girl?” after Hal shows off the Green Lantern powers to him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbn7Ag-1dQ0

That movie is a guilty pleasure. I kind of like it.

- Charles Schultz.