Page 315 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2152653053113123133143153163173183193253654158151315 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 20948
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    But who could forget the ever so memorable role as Hal’s comedic relief friend, Thomas Kalmaku?
    Apparently I could. Well, to remember something you have to know it and, until you just mentioned it, I never made the connection between the actor playing Tom Kalmaku in GREEN LANTERN and the actor playing Count Viago in WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS.

I never had a problem with his acting in GREEN LANTERN--which is a movie I liked at the time--but what did bother me is that he wasn't Inuit. What's even worse, he's from New Zealand. So not only didn't they get an Inuit, they didn't even get a native person from North America, but they got someone from all the way over in New Zealand to play an Inuit.

How is it that any different than casting white people to play Asian characters? I realize that the supply of Inuit actors is limited, but they should have looked in the USA or Canada for an actor, before going all the way to New Zealand. It's not like Tom Kalmaku was such a significant part that they needed the best actor in all the world to play him and an Inuit couldn't have filled the role adequately.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

JOKER - Final Trailer:

Astonishing Member

This trailer was bonechillingky mesmerizing. Can’t wait for this film.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Retired

For me this trailer was unnecessary, because the first trailer was so effective that I was hyped to see the movie. This one is just like, well if somehow the first trailer didn't sell you, then let's show you some more of the movie to get you on board. But I didn't think it was as sharply edited as the first one. However, it does confirm that the first trailer wasn't misleading us, this really is what you're going to get. And I guess some people have to be dragged kicking and screaming to a DC movie. I'm just happy they didn't give away so much of the movie that there won't be surprises when I finally see it.

The first trailer was better.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Andy Muschietti has confirmed that ‘THE FLASH’ will be his next film: https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/...n-story-753876

During a recent interview for IT Chapter Two, Fandango correspondent Nikki Novak asked Muschietti if Flash would be his next project: “Yup,” he replied with a smile.

When we followed up to ask if his Flash movie would contain horror elements similar to the IT movies, Muschietti seemingly shot that down. “An element if horror? I don’t think so. What captivated me about the Flash is the human drama in it,” he said. “The human feelings and emotions that play in the drama [of it]. It’s going to be fun, too. I can’t promise that there will be any horror [elements in it], really, but it’s a beautiful human story.”

Not much is known about Muschietti’s Flash movie at this moment in time except that Ezra Miller is set to return to the role. Currently there is no release date or production timeline that’s been officially revealed, and back at Comic-Con Muschietti told Fandango that he wanted to take a little time off after IT Chapter Two before diving into the next project. Will the long-awaited Flash movie finally go into production next year for a potential 2021 release? Look for more updates to hopefully arrive soon.

Hearing the Flash movie described as "a beautiful human story" is the first time I've felt optimistic about this film. Let's hope it actually gets made (and made well..)

From an unreleased short teaser of BoP:

Retired

I know that the JOKER trailer is called the final one, but if it's an R rated movie doesn't that mean it could have a red band trailer?

With the movie showing in Venice and at TIFF soon, I expect we'll be getting a lot of spoilers about the movie before it comes out in wide release. Maybe I need to go down in my fallout shelter and cut myself off from all outside communications.

Last 3 screeshots:

Source: https://twitter.com/HarleyMovieNews/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-30-2019 at 11:03 AM.

there are rumors that DC is gonna be making a Greg Berlanti produced Green Lantern Corps show starring Kyle Rayner. Do you guys think, assuming it turns out to be true, that this could mean that they're scrapping the Green Lantern Corps movie idea all together?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Sort of. The newest film thing is that JJ Abrams wants to make Superman and Green Lantern. The Cosmic Book News article mentions this as well:

Regarding the use of Hal Jordan, it's said the character is hands-off and will be used in the movies (I was told at Comic-Con J.J. Abrams is developing Green Lantern and Superman).

And regarding John Stewart, it's said that Arrow's John Diggle will fill that role as Diggle's father name was Stewart, and also that John Stewart will appear in the upcoming Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover.
    All just rumor at this point ...

Retired

I'd like to see Lynn Stewart and John Stewart appear together in the CW COIE.

Given how things worked out for FLASH, maybe Warner realizes that they might as well let CW develop some of the characters first, as it could take years for the movies to finally appear on screen. They first announced the Ezra Miller movie in 2014 and it won't be out before 2021. Imagine if they had canned the Grant Gustin show in 2014 because they didn't want it to compete with the movie. We'll have possibly had 8 seasons of CW FLASH before the movie.

So, even if they decided tomorrow on a script for a Green Lantern Corps movie, we probably wouldn't see it come out until 2025, by which time there could be five seasons of a Green Lantern CW show. And a TV series would also be a palate cleanser, so people don't immediately think of the Ryan Reynolds movie when they hear Green Lantern.