Page 319 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2192693093153163173183193203213223233293694198191319 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 20948
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Yeah, this should've been a Gotham City Sirens movie.
    Why? What makes this GCS like?

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    What makes it BOP?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What makes it BOP?
    The members of Birds of Prey are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What makes it BOP?
    Funny how you didn't answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Funny how you didn't answer the question.
    I wasn't asked the question.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

My problem isn't necessarily that something like BoP shouldn't exist, but if that it's going to use the BoP name, it should feel more like a BoP movie.

Like, this seems to be leaning R, but I feel like characters like Cassandra Cain and Black Canary should be in the more regular Superhero stuff then in Harley Quinn's quirky, gritty, and indie Gotham. At least then they'd get proper costumes or get to be Superheroes, to where little girls can get to see and look up to them.

To be honest I think this movie would've made more sense with Ivy and Catwoman along with Harley. It's not like Harley's movies are going to matter to whatever Reeve' does. The aesthetic and style feels more Gotham City Sirens then Birds of Prey and we wouldn't get issues like leaving Barbara Gordon out of a Birds of Prey movie.
    The Birds can be what they are in Birds of Prey and still crossover to JL where they can be bright and shiny superheroes for little girls to look up to.
    Why make it a Sirens movie when Harley presumably won't be sticking around? I mean she ends up back on Task Force X.

...Yeah, this should've been a Gotham City Sirens movie.
    It's Birds of Prey which, ironically, have counted Catwoman and Poison Ivy as members.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Look dude, elseworlds is for those grand ideas. I expect something that is closer to mainstream image of the characters portrayed for main dcuniverse films. If that is black canary, then i am not impressed. Ofcourse, i could be wrong but as of now this is my opinion . Arrow was also a live action. But, i don't think i got a true blue green arrow out of that. We watch these live action stuff to see the comic characters come to life with as much as essence of the source as possible.if we don't get that from main universe,then we won't get it from anywhere. So, i can understand the complaint.
    It's an adaptation. For all intents and purposes they are elseworlds in their own way. Anyone expecting a one to one translation of the source material in this age is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    The tone, style, and visuals just seem more GCS. It feels seedier, darker, and a little Paul Dini irreverent.

The ladies aside from Montoya seem much more morally ambiguous.

No Oracle.

And...Harley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    The members of Birds of Prey are in it.
    That's kind of the bare minimum though, and they don't even have Oracle in it.
    The Birds can be what they are in Birds of Prey and still crossover to JL where they can be bright and shiny superheroes for little girls to look up to.
    Does that really seem like something WB will do going by how they are approaching this movie and the material? It's like expecting Pattinson's Batman to fight Joaquin Phoenix's Joker.
    Why make it a Sirens movie when Harley presumably won't be sticking around? I mean she ends up back on Task Force X.
    I assume Harley will stick around enough to make this a franchise if it's successful. Is she even confirmed for Gunn's Suicide Squad? I don't think she's ever been officially confirmed to come back.
    It's Birds of Prey which, ironically, have counted Catwoman and Poison Ivy as members.
    The times they were members were also generally not well-regarded BoP periods.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's an adaptation. For all intents and purposes they are elseworlds in their own way. Anyone expecting a one to one translation of the source material in this age is setting themselves up for disappointment.
    One to one. No. I never said that. Did i? I said as much as it's possible. Not using any of it is kind of sad and stupid. Especially, since the source materials can have a lot to offer.like i said, if don't get this from the main universe. Where are supposed to get it from?
    Young justice or dcau isn't a one to one adaptations either.
    We still haven't gotten an xmen in any of their costumes, yet. I would have loved to see logan in his uniform.alas,it ain't happening. (Ofcourse not every costume can be translated i know, for eg:-scarlet witch)

Does that really seem like something WB will do going by how they are approaching this movie and the material? It's like expecting Pattinson's Batman to fight Joaquin Phoenix's Joker. .
    spoilers:
    Don't know if this counts as a spoiler but some of the Joker reviews are saying that the movie leaves things pretty open-ended in regards to whether it is a standalone or whether it is part of the DC cinematic universe.

Some of them are even hinting it goes out of its way to set up some larger universe elements.
    end of spoilers

Also, Harley was in a PG-13 Suicide Squad, will now appear in the R-rated BOP and then will appear in presumably a PG-13 Suicide Squad sequel again. Don't see why Black Canary and co. can't make the jump to PG-13 and more kid-friendly DC movies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    They edited out the fun beginning with the red balloons and sound cues parodying IT.

One to one. No. I never said that. Did i? I said as much as it's possible. Not using any of it is kind of sad and stupid. Especially, since the source materials can have a lot to offer.like i said, if don't get this from the main universe. Where are supposed to get it from?
    Young justice or dcau isn't a one to one adaptations either.
    We still haven't gotten an xmen in any of their costumes, yet. I would have loved to see logan in his uniform.alas,it ain't happening. (Ofcourse not every costume can be translated i know, for eg:-scarlet witch)
    The source material is very fluid and is not exactly consistent. There are multiple versions to choose from.

This is even ignoring that we haven't seen Joker and BoP yet so how much they have in common with the source material is to be determined.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The source material is very fluid and is not exactly consistent. There are multiple versions to choose from.

This is even ignoring that we haven't seen Joker and BoP yet so how much they have in common with the source material is to be determined.
    Sure, there are. But, expecting something that fits mainstream image is not inconceivable . For example, wanting a superman to smile while saving the day in the main universe is not bad. Snyder didn't do it. He didn't give a chance for cavill's charisma to shine through. Now, we might not even get a superman period.

I mean, i would love for clark to do a rescue having a smile like all might, here. And it would fit any version of the character. It wouldn't matter if its golden age, silverage, new52.. Etc.

Joker is different beast. It is not marketed as a main universe movie. But, a standalone elseworlds which can be expanded upon by the creatives later on. Bop is said to be main universe movie. These are supposed to be live action counter parts of comics characters. It's just like how i wouldn't want a comicbook or similar superman in Darknight trilogy because it wouldn't fit realistic world nolan created. I wouldn't want bale batman as mainuniverse of the character. It is pretty sad that main bop we are getting is so radically different.
    It was so awesome seeing aquaman in his costume.It even reminded me of 90s/dcau aquaman except for the harpoon hand. It was freaking fantastic. I would like more of that in the main universe. Not, whatever this is.

Sure, there are. But, expecting something that fits mainstream image is not inconceivable . For example, wanting a superman to smile while saving the day in the main universe is not bad. Snyder didn't do it. He didn't give a chance for cavill's charisma to shine through. Now, we might not even get a superman period.

I mean, i would love for clark to do a rescue having a smile like all might, here. And it would fit any version of the character. It wouldn't matter if its golden age, silverage, new52.. Etc.

Joker is different beast. It is not marketed as a main universe movie. But, a standalone elseworlds which can be expanded upon by the creatives later on. Bop is said to be main universe movie. These are supposed to be live action counter parts of comics characters. It's just like how i wouldn't want a comicbook or similar superman in Darknight trilogy because it wouldn't fit realistic world nolan created. I wouldn't want bale batman as mainuniverse of the character. It is pretty sad that main bop we are getting is so radically different.
    It was so awesome seeing aquaman in his costume.It even reminded me of 90s/dcau aquaman except for the harpoon hand. It was freaking fantastic. I would like more of that in the main universe. Not, whatever this is.
    Snyder's Superman smiles when rescuing a little girl in Mexico. Anyone who thinks we won't have another Superman is naive.

The main audience doesn't give a damn about what the regular BoP roster in the comics. Just like they didn't care that Antman and Wasp are founding Avengers or that Nick Fury was originally white. The Birds of Prey tv show had a lot in common with the comics and no one is going to tell me that was a good adaptation just because Oracle, Huntress and Bla0ck )Canary were in it.