Page 326 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2262763163223233243253263273283293303363764268261326 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I didn't think there was much criticism for her outfit, I thought it seemed like most people liked it.

I'm really not feeling her BOP outfit here, but these are just on the set shots so I'm hoping it'll look better in the finished film.
    I think her BoP costume is okay, I like it as much as I liked her SS costume. I think it matches the art style they're going for in the movie, and I really like the style they chose! Really zany and out there. I keep trying to watch the foreign teaser that was posted, but I can't find it in good quality. I'd like to see it again because the teasers for this movie so far have looked great. I'm more excited for this moive than I am for Joker (I'm not sure if I'm even going to go see it).
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-03-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I think her BoP costume is okay, I like it as much as I liked her SS costume. I think it matches the art style they're going for in the movie, and I really like the style they chose! Really zany and out there. I keep trying to watch the foreign teaser that was posted, but I can't find it in good quality. I'd like to see it again because the teasers for this movie so far have looked great. I'm more excited for this moive than I am for Joker (I'm not sure if I'm even going to go see it).
    I'm definitely more excited for Joker myself, but different tastes and all. Haven't actually seen any of the teasers yet, just these stills, so maybe it looks better in motion. If not, oh well, not like I judge a film based on what one actress is wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It isn't just the fishnets. It's the combination of the fishnets, high heeled boots and a leotard that rides up while showing too much cleavage. Remember all those (racist and inaccurate) comments about Anna Diop's Starfire looking like prostitute? You'd hear the same for Smollet and they'd be a lot more accurate. There is no way they were going to use Dinah's classic look after all the criticism Harley's outfit got in Suicide Squad.
    I don't think it would look all that different from MCU's Scarlet Witch costume with the corset. She's worn practical boots with her look before so I don't see that as an issue.

Diop's costume was pretty bad. It didn't even resemble any of Starfire's actual costumes, especially with that terrible wig. I wouldn't compare it to the Black Canary costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The top and bottom outfits certainly, but the middle one has possibilities.
    Really? The bottom one I think seems the most practical since it forgoes the normal fishnets for leggings like the cartoons did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The way I see Zatara and Zatanna--and the way I'd like to see them done in movies or TV--is that they're very serious about their stage magic and they never use their actual magic powers in doing a trick on stage. To them, that's cheating, and the real challenge for them is to master the art of stage magic. For their magic acts, they wear the classic magician's outfit. So, on screen, you would see Zatanna wearing her classic costume with the top hat and the fishnets when she's doing her act. Off stage, she would wear regular clothes.
    I think that's pretty much been true for Zatanna in the comics, except when they try to make her stick to the Justice League Dark costume.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    ‘Forced diversity’ = casting I don’t like.

‘Natural diversity’ = casting that doesn’t affect any character I care about.
    THIS......

Because if one has an issue with Black Carney's casting-they should have an issue with ALL of the race changing. ESPECIALLY when it's white taking POC roles in movies that FLOP.
    Can't cherry pick.

Again, as a fan I understand being annoyed by changes like that, especially with the rather smug and mean-spirited nature of the way fans are often being told to shut up about it or that they're bad people for complaining, but it's simply not going to stop, so either people should get used to it or just choose not to spend their money to go see the movie if it really bothers them that much.
    Don't confused trolls with fans. REAL fans who don't like it-don't watch it and go about their business. Or watch it and make a sound solid judgement.
    Trolls don't. That is who studios have an issue with.

For all this CRYING over casting-why not call out the SOURCE?

DC? Because that is who chooses what character can be used in a movie or show or cartoon.
    Now if I can't use Vixen, Thunder, Lightning, Nastasha Irons, Bumblebee, Tanya Spears or Rebirth Huntress by order of DC. Nor make a new person.
    You see the results. We have heard about guys being off limits in projects. This is nothing NEW. So you take what you can and go from there.

If anyone has an issue-they need to ask DC-because that is a LEGIT (not racist) question. Why not use an already established black female?

Oh I know why because that means EFFORT & INVESTMENT. That is all this boils down to how much effort you are going to do. Be it movies or comics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't know. Even race aside, if I showed you an image of this version a year ago and asked you to guess what hero that was, Black Canary doesn't spring immediately to mind.
    I think I would just as much as any of the Canary characters on Arrow. Out of context they're just some people in leather and masks (Dinah has but doesn't typically wear a mask), tell me it's from the show Arrow and I'm automatically like; "Oh, it's Black Canary". In either the Arrow or BoP case I think it would at least be one of my guesses.
    Last edited by Stromberg; 09-03-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Just read Peter Capaldi is going to be in Suicide Squad. Ok this just got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Just read Peter Capaldi is going to be in Suicide Squad. Ok this just got my attention.
    He's playing The Brow; an angry Scotsman with attack eyebrows!!!

(that's a Dr. Who joke, for you poor fools who don't know the show )
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I think I would just as much as any of the Canary characters on Arrow. Out of context they're just some people in leather and masks (Dinah has but doesn't typically wear a mask), tell me it's from the show Arrow and I'm automatically like; "Oh, it's Black Canary". In either the Arrow or BoP case I think it would at least be one of my guesses.
    If I had never watched Arrow and was just looking at pictures, Sara's first costume is the only one I would look at and immediately go "hey, that kind of looks like Black Canary."

Not that the movie should take any lessons from Arrow on how to handle Black Canary .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

For some reason I was thinking Count Vertigo.

Or The Fiddler?

He recently said he's going bald for a big role so maybe Mr Freeze or Psimon
    Who knows he's not someone I expected to see playing a villain

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Can he go to Scotland Yard and bring the Legs with him?

Spectacular Member

I don’t recall anyone having any complaints about Arrow’s Canary, who was just a blond woman in black tights. Not much of an outcry for comic book accuracy then.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don’t recall anyone having any complaints about Arrow’s Canary, who was just a blond woman in black tights. Not much of an outcry for comic book accuracy then.
    The look was closer. The wig and clothes were pretty recognizable. Though with Arrow, it was kind of guaranteed you'd get an "almost accurate" costume, like Ollie's or Roy's. Or even Barry in the first seasons. Close, recognizable, but a bit meh.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The look was closer. The wig and clothes were pretty recognizable. Though with Arrow, it was kind of guaranteed you'd get an "almost accurate" costume, like Ollie's or Roy's. Or even Barry in the first seasons. Close, recognizable, but a bit meh.
    I don't think they're any more/any less recognizable than Jurnee's costumes in BoP. Yes, in the context of Arrow, a beautiful blond woman in black leather is probably Black Canary. Just like in BoP a beautiful blond woman in shades of black, blue and yellow/gold is probably Black Canary.
    Plus, as I said, Dinah hasn't (for the most part) worn a mask. I always liked it when Laurel went without one because that was more Black Canary and I appreciate that Jurnee doesn't wear one.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I could see Peter Capaldi playing a scientist, politician, news anchor or someone who works at Belle Reve (Warden or doctor). Someone has to play non-Super villain characters so I could see the likes of Peter Capaldi, Taika Waititi and Sean Gunn playing those types of roles.

I could see Capaldi playing someone like Doctor Light if he is a villain.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 09-04-2019 at 04:02 AM.

There have been numerous complaints about Arrow's Canaries. I think the only one who didn't get as much flack was Sara and she wasn't even really Black Canary.

I mean, Laurel's outfit was even more of a fetish outfit then the classic Black Canary costume and there really isn't much to say about Dinah's outfit. Dinah wasn't even as blonde as the other Canaries.
    I don't think they're any more/any less recognizable than Jurnee's costumes in BoP. Yes, in the context of Arrow, a beautiful blond woman in black leather is probably Black Canary. Just like in BoP a beautiful blond woman in shades of black, blue and yellow/gold is probably Black Canary.
    Plus, as I said, Dinah hasn't (for the most part) worn a mask. I always liked it when Laurel went without one because that was more Black Canary and I appreciate that Jurnee doesn't wear one.
    To be honest I don't even the colors are enough to indicate Black Canary, at least with Jurnee. None of the outfits I've seen of her stand out in that way.