Page 348 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2482983383443453463473483493503513523583984488481348 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think at this point we need a race-bending debate thread. This thread always circles back to that and the same arguments are hashed out over and over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Nope. This film is part of the DCEU, just in its own corner of that universe.
    So Pattinson is playing a younger version of Ben Affleck's Batman?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It has neither been officially confirmed nor denied but why attach yourself to such a controversial movie universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    The stunning about face when it comes to raceswapping for different movies
    Birds of Prey cast jurnee smollett as black canary problem

The Batman casting black actors for Commissioner Gordon and possibly Barbara Gordon equals okay

At least there's finally confirmation Reeves movie is an else world and has no connection to the dceu
    There is no about face. The same people who had issues with raceswapping Canary also have issues with raceswapping Gordon and possibly Barbara.

Essentially, yes.
    There's 20 years of adventures in the Batman corner of the DCEU that doesn't have an effect on the greater universe because Gotham is isolated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Essentially, yes.
    There's 20 years of adventures in the Batman corner of the DCEU that doesn't have an effect on the greater universe because Gotham is isolated.
    I definitely could buy Pattinson as a younger Ben Affkeck but I can't buy Wright as a younger version of JK Simmons for obvious reasons.

Then again, Batman Forever is still canon to Burton Batman movies despite Billy Dee Williams and Tommy Lee Jones looking nothing alike so what do I know?

- Charles Schultz.

I definitely could buy Pattinson as a younger Ben Affkeck but I can't buy Wright as a younger version of JK Simmons for obvious reasons.

Then again, Batman Forever is still canon to Burton Batman movies despite Billy Dee Williams and Tommy Lee Jones looking nothing alike so what do I know?
    Gordon can just tell people he was sick during JL. It worked for Birdie in Street Fighter.

Batman is getting rebooted people. No Pattinson is not playing a younger version of Affleck Bats. He might team up with the other heroes he might not. Snyder’s films at this point are not canon and can freely be ignored. Expect Superman to also get a hard reboot.

Pattinson is not playing a younger version of Affleck's Batman.

I mean, they're probably going to re-cast Alfred and I doubt he's going to grow into Jeremy Irons unless he's a really young Alfred.

Other than some of the cast members or the Catwoman mention, Schumacher pretty much ignored the events of the first two movies and it's not like Harvey Dent was an important character in Batman '89.

I still don't believe The Batman would be canonical to Bafleck in any way because I just doubt Reeves would be willing to potentially limit his story just because it's supposed to align with certain events from 10-15 years down the line, whether loosely or not. It's doubtful that WB approached a filmmaker like him by telling him that he had to stick to a particular version of the character.

My own Head Canon is Schumacher and Burton's Batman are different universes in the DC Multiverse heck since Clooney mentioned Superman maybe Schumacher Earth is Lois and Clark Earth

Personally as long as it doesn't change the character I don't care if they race swap a character.

Surviving members of the victims of the Aurora Shooting have signed an open letter to Warner Bros with their concerns about the Joker movie and have asked the studio to donate to groups that support victims of gun violence.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...r-bros-1241599

Notably, the Aurora theater will not be showing screenings of Joker out of respect for the victims.

Astonishing Member

I respect the victims and I understand why the theater is doing this but the Joker character had nothing to do with the Aurora tragedy(Dark Knight Rises contains neither a reference nor an appearance of the Joker character at all). The tragedy was caused by a deranged madman(the Joker is also a deranged madman but I'm talking about a real-life deranged madman here). The perpetrator didn't dress up as the Joker character(he dressed up in all-black tactical gear, and dyed his hair orange), nor was he influenced into doing his heinous acts he did by the character. He just happened to pick a screening to a highly anticipated Batman movie that he knew would have the most packed audience which would allow for a higher body count than if he were to go to a screening for a much more niche film with a smaller audience in attendance.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-24-2019 at 12:13 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I respect the victims and I understand why the theater is doing this but the Joker character had nothing to do with the tragedy(Dark Knight Rises contains neither a reference nor an appearance of the Joker character at all). The tragedy was caused by a deranged madman(the Joker is also a deranged madman but I'm talking about a real-life deranged madman here). He didn't even dress up as the Joker character(he dressed up in all-black tactical gear, and dyed his hair orange), nor was he influenced into doing his heinous stuff he did by the character. He just happened to pick a screening to a highly anticipated Batman movie that he knew would have the most packed audience which would allow for a higher body count than if he were to go to a screening for a much more niche film with a smaller audience in attendance.
    I agree. Blaming the Joker is almost as wrongheaded as charging Holden Caulfield as the catalyst for John Lennon's murder.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Other than some of the cast members or the Catwoman mention, Schumacher pretty much ignored the events of the first two movies and it's not like Harvey Dent was an important character in Batman '89.

I still don't believe The Batman would be canonical to Bafleck in any way because I just doubt Reeves would be willing to potentially limit his story just because it's supposed to align with certain events from 10-15 years down the line, whether loosely or not. It's doubtful that WB approached a filmmaker like him by telling him that he had to stick to a particular version of the character.
    How would Reeves be limiting his story? The modern DCEU Bats hasn't really done much of anything substantial aside from founding the JL with other heroes. His past hardly seems to inform his present. All we can confirm is that he lost his partner.