Page 349 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2492993393453463473483493503513523533593994498491349 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I definitely could buy Pattinson as a younger Ben Affkeck but I can't buy Wright as a younger version of JK Simmons for obvious reasons.

Then again, Batman Forever is still canon to Burton Batman movies despite Billy Dee Williams and Tommy Lee Jones looking nothing alike so what do I know?
    Isn’t Wonder Woman ‘84 supposed to have a “Flashpoint” effect on the DC movies? Something happens to the timeline that can explain away the changes, such as a younger Batman. I don’t think WB has any intention of doing another crossover for the foreseeable future but this will at least leave the door open.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    How would Reeves be limiting his story? The modern DCEU Bats hasn't really done much of anything substantial aside from founding the JL with other heroes. His past hardly seems to inform his present. All we can confirm is that he lost his partner.
    Prequels are inherently limited by their very nature. And why on Earth should Reeves be restricted to a failed version of Batman? Good luck getting any decent director on board by forcing them to try to salvage the mess Snyder made of Bats. Reeves wants to tell his Batman story, his way. There’s no bloody Justice League movie on the way so I don’t get why you guys are so attached to the DCEU? It got shot in the head after BvS and JL anyway.

If Reeves Batman is good they’ll bring him into the shared universe continuity be damned. They’ll do the same with a successful Superman reboot and then we’ll get a JL movie that’s not in any way connected to Snyder/Whedon’s failed JL attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Isn’t Wonder Woman ‘84 supposed to have a “Flashpoint” effect on the DC movies? Something happens to the timeline that can explain away the changes, such as a younger Batman. I don’t think WB has any intention of doing another crossover for the foreseeable future but this will at least leave the door open.
    Grace isn’t a reliable source. Why you guys think WB isn’t just going to ignore Snyder’s films and just act like Battison and a rebooted Superman were always Batman and Superman is kinda of bizarre. You really think anyone at WB gives a **** about “Muh continuity”?
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-24-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Prequels are inherently limited by their very nature. And why on Earth should Reeves be restricted to a failed version of Batman? Good luck getting any decent director on board by forcing them to try to salvage the mess Snyder made of Bats.
    Like I said, nothing in Batman's past has informed his JL present. You could tell any number of stories and, aside from the death of Robin, it doesn't seem to have a narrative or continuity impact on the present Batman. Battinson could just assume the role in present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Like I said, nothing in Batman's past has informed his JL present. You could tell any number of stories and, aside from the death of Robin, it doesn't seem to have a narrative or continuity impact on the present Batman. Battinson could just assume the role in present day.
    Yeah, but then he won't be Affleck's Batman, he'll be his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Prequels are inherently limited by their very nature. And why on Earth should Reeves be restricted to a failed version of Batman? Good luck getting any decent director on board by forcing them to try to salvage the mess Snyder made of Bats. Reeves wants to tell his Batman story, his way. There’s no bloody Justice League movie on the way so I don’t get why you guys are so attached to the DCEU? It got shot in the head after BvS and JL anyway.
    I think your letting your own hatred cloud your judgment. Most people liked Ben Affleck's Batman (or were at least indifferent to it), its not hated at all. Also, directors don't think like that. Star Trek I was panned, but that didn't stop Nocolas Meyer from directing Wrath of Kahn. A similar thing happened with Thor 3.

Also, maybe people like the DCEU?
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-25-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

At this point, I feel like we should just have a thread for people to rant about how much they hate Snyder and his films to their hearts' content.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    At this point, I feel like we should just have a thread for people to rant about how much they hate Snyder and his films to their hearts' content.
    People complain about every creative person regarding the handling any property they invest in whether its didio, lee, zack or johns. So, it's not exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    People complain about every creative person regarding the handling any property they invest in whether its didio, lee, zack or johns. So, it's not exclusive.
    Yeah and you know what, after a while, it gets a little tiring to see. Especially when it has little to do with the subject at hand and it looks like they're just looking for any excuse to crap on somebody they don't like.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah and you know what, after a while, it gets a little tiring to see. Especially when it has little to do with the subject at hand and it looks like they're just looking for any excuse to crap on somebody they don't like.
    It's part and parcel. We just have to just extract something constructive if it exists . I mean, king is getting knocked around for wally getting screwed. Their was that nazi cap thing. Also, don't forget cyclops was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think your letting your own hatred cloud your judgment. Most people liked Ben Affleck's Batman (or were at least indifferent to it), its not hated at all. Also, directors don't think like that. Star Trek I was panned, but that didn't stop Nocolas Meyer from directing Wrath of Kahn. A similar thing happened with Thor 3.

Also, maybe people like the DCEU?
    Not enough people liked the DCEU or we wouldn’t be where we currently are. And considering that JL was tracking to make less money pre-release than BvS, when Snyder’s fans were still saying Whedon was just reshooting Snyder’s films for him, I don’t think people loved Affleck Bats at all. Most have been perfectly fine with him leaving the role. One cool fight scene doesn’t change the MARTHA meme that spread like wildfire, or Sad Affleck.

Reeves has a better batting average than Snyder and will probably make a better movie than Affleck would’ve. So if Reeves doesn’t want to be chained to salvaging Affleck’s Batman, I don’t see why he should.

But this thread is right here? And it’s a discussion not an appreciation thread? And Snyder is in fact directly responsible for everything happening now from the death of the shared universe to the huge shift in tone, to DC’s damaged brand, to the coming reboots? It’s impossible to discuss Batman and Superman at the very least without discussing Snyder at least for the moment since those were the two characters he had the most control over and the two characters getting rebooted (or at least Batman is) Batman is getting a big reboot because of Snyder. Supes is dead in the water because of Snyder. You can’t discuss the two without Snyder entering the conversation.

Once Reeves Movie comes out we can drop Snyder from the Batman discussions but until Supes gets rebooted and the JL gets another shot, his name is always going to pop up. It will take a while to put him behind us.

It isn't a "this is why Zack Snyder sucks" thread either. We've heard all the reasons you lot think Snyder is the devil. You aren't saying anything new here. It's just one massive echo chamber of venom and bile that makes even talking about the DCEU so damn toxic.

Last I checked, WB is the one who owns the Superman film rights and can make a movie with him if they want to. Snyder is not holding these characters hostage. If you want to whine about how much it sucks for your favorite character, maybe you should be looking at more than just the guy who isn't even making movies for WB and who has already been scapegoated enough for every single issue with the DCEU, even in movies he didn't direct. There are super villains who hold grudges for shorter times and with more reason than comic book fans.

Nobody is forcing you to talk about Zack Snyder.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-25-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Kind of. Not getting done now still gives it a chance to be done right later (as in a movie that has the BoP not only as main focal point but also a bit more CB accurate). Done now means its done; no chance for an accurate version outside some fan films that seem to be shot down rather fast recently (the good ones at least).
    Yeah, but done now being done now has the advantage of being done - hoping for it to not happen now and happen later has the disadvantage of maybe never being done.
    Makes more sense to go for the thing that gets you a movie, then hoping it doesn't happen until all the stars align just so.

Just my opinion of course.

It isn't a "this is why Zack Snyder sucks" thread either. We've heard all the reasons you lot think Snyder is the devil. You aren't saying anything new here. It's just one massive echo chamber of venom and bile that makes even talking about the DCEU so damn toxic.

Last I checked, WB is the one who owns the Superman film rights and can make a movie with him if they want to. Snyder is not holding these characters hostage. If you want to whine about how much it sucks for your favorite character, maybe you should be looking at more than just the guy who isn't even making movies for WB and who has already been scapegoated enough for every single issue with the DCEU, even in movies he didn't direct. There are super villains who hold grudges for shorter times and with more reason than comic book fans.

Nobody is forcing you to talk about Zack Snyder.
    He’s an important part of why WB is pursuing the current path they are. You can’t just ignore him. And I was talking about Batman for the most part. People kept asking why Reeves was just tossing out the Snyder incarnation and I gave my opinion. It was directly related to the discussion. It’s not like you can just ignore what went down with Snyder and Affleck in a discussion about why Reeves is doing a reboot and why WB is letting him.

And I have hated on WB and will continue to do so, they are completely incompetent.

I say this with all sincerity: If you can’t stand people hating on Zack Snyder go make a DCEU Appreciation thread. I haven’t bothered the DCEU Superman thread over in the Superman forums at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    At least there's finally confirmation Reeves movie is an else world and has no connection to the dceu
    Not really, just because it doesn't match the previous movies doesn't mean they won't retcon it into the DCEU somehow. Unless there's something else we're using for confirmation besides a black Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really, just because it doesn't match the previous movies doesn't mean they won't retcon it into the DCEU somehow. Unless there's something else we're using for confirmation besides a black Gordon?
    I mean, they'll probably be more like a completely different Alfred from Jeremy Irons' and for all we know Pattinson's Batman aesthetic will be completely different from Affleck's.

DCEU Batman never used Wayne Manor for the Batcave, and never really lived out of Wayne Manor as Batman, so if Pattinson has the normal Batcave setup then that will be another distinction.