Page 350 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2503003403463473483493503513523533543604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they'll probably be more like a completely different Alfred from Jeremy Irons' and for all we know Pattinson's Batman aesthetic will be completely different from Affleck's.

DCEU Batman never used Wayne Manor for the Batcave, and never really lived out of Wayne Manor as Batman, so if Pattinson has the normal Batcave setup then that will be another distinction.
    Yeah, but again it doesn't matter how different it is from the Batfleck stuff in determining whether this is in the DCEU or not - if WB wants this Batman to team up with the current Wonder Woman and Aquaman, well, then forget the Snyder films this is who Batman in the DCEU is.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

There was another screening of BoP during this week:

"I've received confirmation from multiple people who saw the current cut last night: BIRDS OF PREY's reshoots were generally action bits during the third act. No major overhauls. (They also liked the movie)"

About Leto's Joker being in the movie:

"Yes: Body double + archive footage."

Tweaks of the new cut of the movie:

"No. There are changes, obviously, but it's normal tweaks stuff, not a SUICIDE SQUAD style rejig like some people claimed."

The final twist of the movie was removed (Grace Randolph is happy about it):

"I can say there's no dick pic element anymore. Originally there were naked captures of Black Mask etched into the inside of the diamond. That's been removed."

Source: https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/with_replies

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There was another screening of BoP during this week:

"I've received confirmation from multiple people who saw the current cut last night: BIRDS OF PREY's reshoots were generally action bits during the third act. No major overhauls. (They also liked the movie)"

About Leto's Joker being in the movie:

"Yes: Body double + archive footage."

Tweaks of the new cut of the movie:

"No. There are changes, obviously, but it's normal tweaks stuff, not a SUICIDE SQUAD style rejig like some people claimed."

The final twist of the movie was removed (Grace Randolph is happy about it):

"I can say there's no dick pic element anymore. Originally there were naked captures of Black Mask etched into the inside of the diamond. That's been removed."

Source: https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/with_replies
    This should assuage anyone worried about the re-shoots.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I forget, are responses positive for this movie in early screenings? Doesn't mean much but does't hurt

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I forget, are responses positive for this movie in early screenings? Doesn't mean much but does't hurt
    Responses were positive for both screenings (there was another a few months ago). I guess general audience will end up loving the movie, but comic-fans will hate it for its differences with the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Responses were positive for both screenings (there was another a few months ago). I guess general audience will end up loving the movie, but comic-fans will hate it for its differences with the source material.
    Long as it doesn’t get a Rotten score I think it will do fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really, just because it doesn't match the previous movies doesn't mean they won't retcon it into the DCEU somehow. Unless there's something else we're using for confirmation besides a black Gordon?
    In theory they could, but I'd rather they not since I believe Bats works best on his own.

Even in when Batman media does takes place in the shared universe like in the DCAU he seems rather closed off. In the original Batman:The Animated series there were practically no references to any superheroes or the wider DC universe. If you watched that series without knowing the crossovers that that comes after it you'd be left with the impression that Batman exists in his own unique world separate from the other DC characters while Superman:The Animated Series in comparison had Supes frequently cross over with several characters like Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash.

That's not to say Batman can't work in a shared universe. He definitely can; he has for many years in the comics and cartoons but I like him best when he's in his own little corner of the universe.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    In theory they could, but I'd rather they not since I believe Bats works best on his own.

Even in when Batman media does takes place in the shared universe like in the DCAU he seems rather closed off. In the original Batman:The Animated series there were practically no references to any superheroes or the wider DC universe. If you watched that series without knowing the crossovers that that comes after it you'd be left with the impression that Batman exists in his own unique world separate from the other DC characters while Superman:The Animated Series in comparison had Supes frequently cross over with several characters like Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash.

That's not to say Batman can't work in a shared universe. He definitely can; he has for many years in the comics and cartoons but I like him best when he's in his own little corner of the universe.
    I don't know, I do love it when he's on the Justice League, and it doesn't feel complete to me without him. So I hope if they ever do another JL movie he's there.
    Also the argument you make for Batman I make for every character - outside the JL stuff team ups should be largely few and far between.

Astonishing Member

I don't know, I do love it when he's on the Justice League, and it doesn't feel complete to me without him. So I hope if they ever do another JL movie he's there.
    Also the argument you make for Batman I make for every character - outside the JL stuff team ups should be largely few and far between.
    I don't know about that, Bats is one of the few DC characters who don't have powers, and is stories are generally more grounded compared to other DC characters like Superman and Flash. Even the creators of BTAS decided against crossing him over with other heroes in his the show since they felt it wouldn't fit the more grounded noir elements of the show.

- Charles Schultz.

I'm interested to see how comic booky Reeves gets with his Batman compared to the past film takes.

I don't know about that, Bats is one of the few DC characters who don't have powers, and is stories are generally more grounded compared to other DC characters like Superman and Flash. Even the creators of BTAS decided against crossing him over with other heroes in his the show since they felt it wouldn't fit the more grounded noir elements of the show.
    Powers really don't matter to me - Batman hanging out with Superman has never bother me "because powahs!" I mean, you could just bring in more non-powered guys like Green Arrow or Mr. Terrific (tech isn't really a power exactly). To me it is all about tone and stories, and most of the characters kind of don't fit that well together and are better served in their own corner of the DC with only the rare team up that doesn't really matter to their greater character arcs.

So yeah, Batman not fitting in with the others is one of those arguments I consider overblown, overdone, and over-wrong. Personal opinion of course. And characters fitting just because they each have powers makes just as little sense to me.

Besides, grounded noir style isn't the only way to tell a Batman story.

Astonishing Member

Besides, grounded noir style isn't the only way to tell a Batman story.
    That is true, there are supernatural Batman stories.

Though for myself and many others, Batman is a guy who just works better in his own world divorced from the business of super humans. Of course, that's not to say he can't work as a crossover character as there have been great stories be it animated, or comics, that have done it well but my personal preference is for the character to be divorced from the shared universe and be a solo character.

But if they want to do what you suggested and retcon Reeves Batman into the DCEU(whats left of it anyway) then I wouldn't mind after a few good Bat-flicks, and if Reeves okay's it.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-25-2019 at 11:33 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

*deleted post*
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-25-2019 at 11:34 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

That is true, there are supernatural Batman stories.

Though for myself and many others, Batman is a guy who just works better in his own world divorced from the business of super humans. Of course, that's not to say he can't work as a crossover character as there have been great stories be it animated, or comics, that have done it well but my personal preference is for the character to be divorced from the shared universe and be a solo character.

But if they want to do what you suggested and retcon Reeves Batman into the DCEU(whats left of it anyway) then I wouldn't mind after a few good Bat-flicks, and if Reeves okay's it.
    The Batman Unlimited movies, the Brave and the Bold series, both had Batman teaming up with other heroes with powers, nevermind the old JL and JLU cartoons or the short lived Justice League Action. Hell, Batman's been teaming up with the TMNT to wide success lately (not powered heroes, but still...).

I'm not arguing this film Batman must team up mind, I'm just saying I don't buy the reasons why Batman can't team up with super powered superheroes.

Edit: Also not just supernatural. Fun adventurous Batman stories ala James Bond type stuff vs Ra's and the like, campy Batman stories like the Adam West series, Batman has range.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 09-25-2019 at 11:42 AM.

The issue with Batman is that he really just is incapable of competing with the other JLA members, not without turning him into a Mary Sue. I'm reading the original Silver Age JLA stories and I'm a couple issues in and...he's done nothing. Yes, I know the initial premise of the JLA was to highlight WW, Flash, GL, MM and AM, with Superman and Batman having cameo appearances, but Superman has at least done something so far. Really, what can Batman do? Both GL and Superman can move planets! Flash can move faster than the speed of light, MM has more abilities than Superman and even though WW and AM are fairly under powered in the Silver Age, they still are much more powerful than BM.

I think Batman can work on a JL team (I think he's good in both BvS and JL movie), but a lot of the time Batman just barks orders or explains to other heroes how to use their powers (He does this to Flash multiple times).

I'm actually rewatching Batman: The Animated Series too and a lot of the foes he fights in the early seasons are severely under powered. Thus far, Clayface is the only enemy with metahuman powers (though he does fight a robot too) and sometimes the major enemy of an episode are just powerless thugs, but they can cause a lot of trouble for him.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-25-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut