Page 351 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2513013413473483493503513523533543553614014518511351 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The issue with Batman is that he really just is incapable of competing with the other JLA members, not without turning him into a Mary Sue. I'm reading the original Silver Age JLA stories and I'm a couple issues in and...he's done nothing. Yes, I know the initial premise of the JLA was to highlight WW, Flash, GL, MM and AM, with Superman and Batman have cameo appearances, but Superman has at least done something so far. Really, what can Batman do? Both GL and Superman can move planets! Flash can move faster than the speed of light, MM has more abilities than Superman and even though WW and AM are fairly under powered in the Silver Age, they still are much more powerful than BM.

I think Batman can work on a JL team (I think he's good in both BvS and JL movie), but a lot of the time Batman just barks orders or explains to other heroes how to use their powers (He does this to Flash multiple times).

I'm actually rewatching Batman: The Animated Series too and a lot of the foes he fights in the early seasons are severely under powered. Thus far, Clayface is the only enemy with metahuman powers (though he does fight a robot too) and sometimes the major enemy of an episode are just powerless thugs, but they can cause a lot of trouble for him.
    I'd look at the JL cartoons and modern DTV movies more than BTAS for how he should be on JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but again it doesn't matter how different it is from the Batfleck stuff in determining whether this is in the DCEU or not - if WB wants this Batman to team up with the current Wonder Woman and Aquaman, well, then forget the Snyder films this is who Batman in the DCEU is.
    I think that's probably likely. Affleck's not coming back, and it'll be interesting to see if the planned Gotham Sirens and Batgirl movies line up with what he's doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think that's probably likely. Affleck's not coming back, and it'll be interesting to see if the planned Gotham Sirens and Batgirl movies line up with what he's doing here.
    I think Robbie's stuff is just going to be in it's own little corner and not acknowledge or address anything. Maybe they'll mention Harley being on Task Force X but that's about all I see being acknowledged.

We might get some Shazam-esque references.

To be honest, I still wonder if Batgirl is even happening. Been a while since we've heard anything about it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From the rumors and news we read, WB is clueless as much as we are about the continuity of their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ITo be honest, I still wonder if Batgirl is even happening. Been a while since we've heard anything about it.
    There are still rumors about the plot and casting. Nothing more.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-26-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From the rumors and news we read, WB is clueless as much as we are about the continuity of their movies.

That's what I think as well. Maybe they want to see how the next few movies perform before they start building into a shared universe again. It sucks for some of us but it kind of makes sense business wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Robbie's stuff is just going to be in it's own little corner and not acknowledge or address anything. Maybe they'll mention Harley being on Task Force X but that's about all I see being acknowledged.

We might get some Shazam-esque references.

To be honest, I still wonder if Batgirl is even happening. Been a while since we've heard anything about it.
    Seems like after Joss Whedon passed on Batgirl that Warner Bros. gave up on the idea. I suppose eventually one could get made but it doesn't seem to be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

There are still rumors about the plot and casting. Nothing more.
    I prefer the rumours that WB is super competent.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    That's what I think as well. Maybe they want to see how the next few movies perform before they start building into a shared universe again. It sucks for some of us but it kind of makes sense business wise.
    Why does it suck for some of us? As long as we get good movies (hopefully), why does a shared universe matter? The team ups for me aren't as interesting as most of the solo titles.

Why does it suck for some of us? As long as we get good movies (hopefully), why does a shared universe matter? The team ups for me aren't as interesting as most of the solo titles.

exactly, it's a matter of personal opinion/feelings.

exactly, it's a matter of personal opinion/feelings.
    Okay, I can kinda get that but...still, after seeing their last team ups, wouldn't most people personal feelings be, "No, not again!"?

Okay, I can kinda get that but...still, after seeing their last team ups, wouldn't most people personal feelings be, "No, not again!"?
    It depends if you liked them or hated them. I quite liked JL flaws and all. There was lots to like for me. I loved the characters (much more than in BvS). I've also seen what DC is capable of in other versions of the JL like animation, etc, and if done well, it's awesome. I don't understand why anyone would not want to see these amazing characters interacting more. Many are excited about the Crisis crossover. Guess some people like those stories.

It depends if you liked them or hated them. I quite liked JL flaws and all. There was lots to like for me. I loved the characters (much more than in BvS). I've also seen what DC is capable of in other versions of the JL like animation, etc, and if done well, it's awesome. I don't understand why anyone would not want to see these amazing characters interacting more. Many are excited about the Crisis crossover. Guess some people like those stories.
    I love the animation, but they kind of built up a lot of trust there. The Arrowverse also built up a lot of solo trust before doing the crossovers. The DCEU didn't build up trust with good solo movies first, so...
    I love Justice League in cartoons, in comics, but before I want to see it in live action again I want to know they can do more than a couple okay solo origin story films.

I love the animation, but they kind of built up a lot of trust there. The Arrowverse also built up a lot of solo trust before doing the crossovers. The DCEU didn't build up trust with good solo movies first, so...
    I love Justice League in cartoons, in comics, but before I want to see it in live action again I want to know they can do more than a couple okay solo origin story films.
    I get that.

I'm with you man (or ma'am?).

I have no interest in seeing team-up movies when the studio can barely manage to stumble through a solo film and make it semi-watchable. Where's the fun in seeing the League all get together when the studio can't write any of them properly or develop their individual mythologies? And looking at DC's track record, the only time their films are good are when they're solo films; MoS, WW, Aquaman, Shazam. Look at their team-up movies; BvS, Squad, JL, now BoP......none of them were very popular with audiences (except BoP which hasn't hit yet, but people don't seem too impressed with what we've seen so far).

WB/DC is far too inconsistent to support a shared universe. They announce plans for a film, start pre-production, lose all the people working on it, drop the project completely or totally re-invent it.....a shared universe requires long-term planning that WB just is not capable of providing.

Tell me Patty Jenkins has been given the keys to DC and will personally oversee every movie from here on out, without interference from the studio, and maybe I'll start to believe that a shared DCEU could work. But with the people in charge at WB? We're lucky to get a solo film that doesnt suck, a team movie is beyond them. And I'd rather have no movie at all than one that is awful.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar