Page 369 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2693193593653663673683693703713723733794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I want the sports car look.

I hope Reeves Batman is sleek and agile. Not too techy or a brawler. Make him feel like Batman again.
    The sports car look would be sleek and fast but terrible for going over curbs and obstacles. I love the ‘89 Batmobile but that thing would have a lot of trouble with speed bumps. I don’t want the new Batmobile to be a “tank” but the design should make sense considering the urban environment. The tumbler, while not the prettiest design, was very practical for Batman’s world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like the relationship between Leto and WB and Leto and DC fans is pretty damaged

I do think Leto could’ve been a good Joker but that Hot Topic design is so godawful it seriously hurt his chances.
    I think Leto had potential but they just went too overboard with him in Suicide Squad.

Now his biggest contribution to the DC films was, ironically, creating Harley Quinn...

I just want a Batmobile that feels like a sleek, high tech car and not a freaking tank.
    Batman (1989).

I want the sports car look.

I hope Reeves Batman is sleek and agile. Not too techy or a brawler. Make him feel like Batman again.
    Batman's had techy and brawler type cars in the comics. What does "feel like Batman" even mean?

I watched the Dark Knight yesterday in preparation for the Joker and, does anyone else think the batsuit in that film looks terrible? Compared to Ben Affleck it just looks silly, as does the way he speaks. The cgi in that film also doesn't hold up, which is kind of weird considering how little it's used. Two-Face's cgi burn is particularly bad.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I watched the Dark Knight yesterday in preparation for the Joker and, does anyone else think the batsuit in that film looks terrible? Compared to Ben Affleck it just looks silly, as does the way he speaks. The cgi in that film also doesn't hold up, which is kind of weird considering how little it's used. Two-Face's cgi burn is particularly bad.
    I thought Two-Face looked fine. The suit in hindsight has it's issues but I think it worked well for the aesthetic they went with for those films and for the time it came out.

BANNED

two face looks great in my opinion, they did a good job with his exposed eye movement and the shadows/lighting on that side of the face. i'm pretty sure the movie received some props for that use of computer effects

I thought the suit was greatly improved from Batman Begins such as more neck mobility in the cowl and a better connection of the cape with the rest of the suit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Oh boy. Not enough people liked MOS, so they twisted that world's continuity and forced Batman into it. Even fewer people liked BvS (by the way, did they ever explained why it wasn't just "versus"???), so they forced a new direction, and ultimately a new director, into JL (which was terrible anyway).
    Now Zack Snyder is basically forcing his own narrative to accommodate fan theories. The Snyderverse must be the only narrative universe which is so awfully flawed that they keep course-correcting it even after it is dead and buried.
    no he isn't, you can simply choose not to pay attention. he isn't phoning the media or making youtube videos/podcasts about it, he's just posted some photos from a movie HE made that did not get released, it's something directors do. he's allowed to share his work; he's not forcing anything. he hasn't said anything publicly for or against the movement behind getting the movie released, all he did was confirm it exists. he made a movie and is posting stuff from that movie on his PERSONAL page. you people need to get over it and leave this guy alone, he made some movies you don't like and now he's not even allowed to post on social media? give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    two face looks great in my opinion, they did a good job with his exposed eye movement and the shadows/lighting on that side of the face. i'm pretty sure the movie received some props for that use of computer effects

I thought the suit was greatly improved from Batman Begins such as more neck mobility in the cowl and a better connection of the cape with the rest of the suit
    It's the cowl I think. The mask in that movie always makes Bale's lower face look odd. Hard to describe, but yeah.

Retired

The problem is how to make a mask that allows the actor to move his head but also looks comics accurate. The Keaton Batman had a mask that looked good, but he couldn't move his head. The Bale Batman had a mask that allowed him more freedom of movement but it didn't look like the Batman. The Affeck Batman seemed to solve this problem--but maybe they just used CGI to correct anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The problem is how to make a mask that allows the actor to move his head but also looks comics accurate. The Keaton Batman had a mask that looked good, but he couldn't move his head. The Bale Batman had a mask that allowed him more freedom of movement but it didn't look like the Batman. The Affeck Batman seemed to solve this problem--but maybe they just used CGI to correct anything wrong.
    I think they only ever CGI-ed the cape at times, but I could be wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they only ever CGI-ed the cape at times, but I could be wrong.
    Affleck’s cowl was digitally finished. The designers had a hybrid model to give him complete mobility of his head which was their foremost concern, then digitally edited the mechanics they used to make that possible in post. The rest of the suit was all practical though.

It’s really interesting, you can check about more about the design process for that suit here
    https://batman-news.com/2017/04/15/c...wn-of-justice/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The sports car look would be sleek and fast but terrible for going over curbs and obstacles. I love the ‘89 Batmobile but that thing would have a lot of trouble with speed bumps. I don’t want the new Batmobile to be a “tank” but the design should make sense considering the urban environment. The tumbler, while not the prettiest design, was very practical for Batman’s world.
    Agreed. If I were Batman, the Tumbler is what I would want.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. If I were Batman, the Tumbler is what I would want.
    I think Batman would probably condense the Batmobile down from the Tumbler eventually. Even Alfred commented on how excessive it is .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    no he isn't, you can simply choose not to pay attention. he isn't phoning the media or making youtube videos/podcasts about it, he's just posted some photos from a movie HE made that did not get released, it's something directors do. he's allowed to share his work; he's not forcing anything. he hasn't said anything publicly for or against the movement behind getting the movie released, all he did was confirm it exists. he made a movie and is posting stuff from that movie on his PERSONAL page. you people need to get over it and leave this guy alone, he made some movies you don't like and now he's not even allowed to post on social media? give me a break
    Who said that he is not allowed to post on social media? He can post whatever he wants. And anyone can criticize his concepts EXACTLY because he decided to share them.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Cast in costume on the set of The Suicide Squad.

Speculation on roles:

Pete Davidson - Blackguard

Michael Rooker - Savant

Flula Borg - Javelin

Sean Gunn - Weasal

Mayling Ng - Mongal