Page 385 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2853353753813823833843853863873883893954354858851385 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As I understand it, Maxwell Lord was never really a Wonder Woman character or rogue, but since she's the one who killed him I guess they want to fit him into their movies somehow. Which means if they ever make a Ted Kord Blue Beetle movie (fat chance, we all know it'll be Jaime) we won't have to worry about him getting murdered eventually...probably.
    Well, Ted is apparently off-limits to the Arrowvere so maybe they do have movie plans for him. He could easily play the former Beetle/mentor figure to Jaime, much like Hank Pym did to Scott Lang in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'd been speculated for a while anyway, but Pedo Pascal's character in WW1984 is indeed Maxwell Lord.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...77665285365760
    I wonder if Maxwell Lord will have superpowers or be just an ordinary human like he was on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As I understand it, Maxwell Lord was never really a Wonder Woman character or rogue, but since she's the one who killed him I guess they want to fit him into their movies somehow. Which means if they ever make a Ted Kord Blue Beetle movie (fat chance, we all know it'll be Jaime) we won't have to worry about him getting murdered eventually...probably.
    Maxwell Lord is more of a Justice League character so in theory he should have shown up in the Justice League movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'd been speculated for a while anyway, but Pedo Pascal's character in WW1984 is indeed Maxwell Lord.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...77665285365760
    It'd been rumored for so long that that was who he was playing that I'm surprised it took them this long to confirm it.

Personally, I'd have preferred Dr Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Peter Dinklage waiting for his prime DC role .

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I wonder if Maxwell Lord will have superpowers or be just an ordinary human like he was on Supergirl.

Maxwell Lord is more of a Justice League character so in theory he should have shown up in the Justice League movie.
    He was actually planned for JL Mortal iirc. Lord and the OMACs could’ve been an interesting plot but that was obviously never going to happen in the Snyderverse, and certainly not in this current divided iteration of the DCEU.

Retired

Peter Dinklage would be a better Oberon.

I'm all for colour blind casting and I don't think that Spanish people have always been considered any different than other European-origin groups, so Pedro could easily play a WASP. Still, I see Maxwell Lord as the very definition of a WASP. To me he was always the generic white male authority figure--with suspect motives. Diversity doesn't always work if you're trying to tell a particular story--the political message is that Lord is the white male (and he has such a WASP name).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He is a much more effective antagonist representing what WW is against than Dr. Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    He is a much more effective antagonist representing what WW is against than Dr. Psycho.
    How?

10 chars.

Astonishing Member

Dr. Psycho is largely a caricature and strawman of misogyny.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 10-25-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Joker is going to pass BvS at the BO and I don't know if to laugh or cry...

I'm just happy to see that a cbm is doing so well. At this point there's nothing strange about movies starring villains or lesser known characters grossing more than movies featuring iconic characters. Nowadays the mainstream recognition of a character is of little importance in terms of box office revenue.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-25-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Joker is going to pass BvS at the BO and I don't know if to laugh or cry...
    It is quite a joke that a tiny budget movie based on the most iconic villain has wiped the floor with most of the heroes on both DC and Marvel. The profit is said to be equal to that of Avengers Infinity War https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/joker-se...080903286.html.

I do find it like a punch in the gut that the first gathering of the Trinity onscreen will be beaten by the Joker. Hope WB will give Superman a chance to be a billion dollar franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He was actually planned for JL Mortal iirc. Lord and the OMACs could’ve been an interesting plot but that was obviously never going to happen in the Snyderverse, and certainly not in this current divided iteration of the DCEU.
    The issue with JL Mortal is that Batman was the one that was going to give Max the good old 180, which any TRUE Wonder Woman fan knows is blasphemous. It's the equivalent of having Bane break Wonder Woman's back or Batman dying to Doomsday.

All I'm going to say is that they better not chicken out. If people thought Joker was going to incite riots, well, you don't want to upset the hardcore Wonder Woman fans if Max doesn't rotate like an owl.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-25-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It is quite a joke that a tiny budget movie based on the most iconic villain has wiped the floor with most of the heroes on both DC and Marvel. The profit is said to be equal to that of Avengers Infinity War https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/joker-se...080903286.html.

I do find it like a punch in the gut that the first gathering of the Trinity onscreen will be beaten by the Joker. Hope WB will give Superman a chance to be a billion dollar franchise.
    and the Snyder fanatic still defending his movies saying audiences always wanted dark DC movies... Clearly they didn't like them as much as Joker.