Page 422 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Interesting. I had assumed that an announcement of a Green Lantern on HBO Max meant that development on a movie had essentially been dead but it seems they’re still intent on making the movie.

Actually, wouldn’t it be nice if the HBO Max shows were in continuity with the movies like the Disney Plus Marvel shows will be to the MCU? It’d be nice to see some of that Marvel-like connectivity between the shows and movies.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-26-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Interesting. I had assumed that an announcement of a Green Lantern on HBO Max meant that development on a movie had essentially been dead but it seems they’re still intent on making the movie.

Actually, wouldn’t it be nice if the HBO Max shows were in continuity with the movies like the Disney Plus Marvel shows will be to the MCU? It’d be nice to see some of that Marvel-like connectivity between the shows and movies.
    Not really a fan of that at all honestly. Forcing everything to fit into one continuity just limits things, I’d prefer to let HBO do its thing and the movies do their thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not really a fan of that at all honestly. Forcing everything to fit into one continuity just limits things, I’d prefer to let HBO do its thing and the movies do their thing.
    That’s fine if you prefer it, but speaking solely for myself and only myself I’d like to see it but there really is no “DCEU” anymore so I guess it’s never going to happen.

- Charles Schultz.

New Variety article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203415757/amp/

Looks like we might get a GL TV show and a movie.
    It would be nice if maybe we get Hal and John in the movies while Kyle gets the TV show .

Retired

If they haven't already, Marvel is probably going to advance the idea that there's one big Multiverse and thus all their content somehow exists within that wider concept. They'll probably even do an epic live action movie about it, before DC does the same. At least DC has been able to establish their Multiverse on the small screen, so maybe people won't think DC is copying Marvel.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be nice if maybe we get Hal and John in the movies while Kyle gets the TV show .
    Could Guy be with Kyle too? I love that idiot, he and Kyle play off each other well too.

Agreed, and I suspect that's the way it'll play out:

The key here is JJ Abrams. If he likes Geoff Johns' script, he will then decide whether to allow the show to share his sandbox. Most likely, he won't.
    (Which also means he can pass on Johns' script and develop his own.)

That leaves Berlanti and Johns to develop the show independently. Which might be best - their strong suit is TV. They did develop the Flash show together, after all.

If so, it's likely the TV show features Jessica Cruz prominently, maybe with Hal as her mentor - assuming Abrams allows Berlanti access to Hal. If not, it could be Jessica and 1-2 of the others - John, Kyle, Simon, etc.

Abrams might just produce GL, so another director could still want to go in a different direction from Johns script.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Snyder's Vero:

https://vero.co/zacksnyder
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-26-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Could Guy be with Kyle too? I love that idiot, he and Kyle play off each other well too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Agreed, and I suspect that's the way it'll play out:

The key here is JJ Abrams. If he likes Geoff Johns' script, he will then decide whether to allow the show to share his sandbox. Most likely, he won't.
    (Which also means he can pass on Johns' script and develop his own.)

That leaves Berlanti and Johns to develop the show independently. Which might be best - their strong suit is TV. They did develop the Flash show together, after all.

If so, it's likely the TV show features Jessica Cruz prominently, maybe with Hal as her mentor - assuming Abrams allows Berlanti access to Hal. If not, it could be Jessica and 1-2 of the others - John, Kyle, Simon, etc.
    I wonder if DC/WB would split off the Lantern characters so as to avoid character redundancy.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I hope to God they do this. I would like for some of the alien lanterns to get some screentime as well so splitting up the Earth lanterns is welcomed.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

GL + a TV budget = Kyle in civilian clothes the vast majority of the time.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    GL + a TV budget = Kyle in civilian clothes the vast majority of the time.
    GL + HBO Max budget = We don't really know yet .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

GL + HBO Max budget = We don't really know yet .
    Well, I would be pleasantly surprised if the CGI budget is sufficient for the show, Frontier. Not holding my breath, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?