Page 424 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524924 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    Critical hit? I think it made a profit so it wasn't a flop but it's peanuts compared to Endgame and Captain Marvel.

I don't understand why they released it when they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Critical success is pretty damn important considering the Snyder Era made short term commercial wins that long term impacted the brand in a negative way. And I expect Shazam 2 to be a much bigger success, especially if Black Adam shows up.
    Was it a critical success? I mean it got favorable reviews and I loved it, but usually you hear more about critical successes - all I remember was hearing about the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Was it a critical success? I mean it got favorable reviews and I loved it, but usually you hear more about critical successes - all I remember was hearing about the Avengers.
    Everything I saw as very positive as far as critical perception.

Heck, it seemed to be better received by critics then Aquaman did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m REALLY curious if they’ll announce another slate next SDCC. I’m sure they want to come back swinging after basically skipping it this year.
    I don't think they wanna do that again. The original slate having a third of the films either not happen or get delayed into infinity has sort of become a running gag at this point.

If they had a Kevin Feige type running things, I could see a point to announcing a slate, but they don't.

They wanted to turn Geoff Johns into that. I still don't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They wanted to turn Geoff Johns into that. I still don't understand why.
    Probably thats why: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Johns#Bibliography

Did he messed up something majorly? I do think its a very good idea to head your connected movie universe with someone who has such an background regarding the characters and fictional universe involved.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-27-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

And Johns worked for Richard Donner then got into comics business

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Probably thats why: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Johns#Bibliography

Did he messed up something majorly? I do think its a very good idea to head your connected movie universe with someone who has such an background regarding the characters and fictional universe involved.
    That's my point, Johns is a comic book writer, not a film executive. Feige not only has vast knowledge of the Marvel universe, he also understands the business side of things.

That's my point, Johns is a comic book writer, not a film executive. Feige not only has vast knowledge of the Marvel universe, he also understands the business side of things.
    And he had almost a decade of experience helping produce comic book films before he worked on the first Iron Man. So he isn't an overnight sensation either.

Have no clue whether somebody else like him exists. The closest we have is someone like Greg Weisman who has experience producing and creating strong comic book content for years. There's Paul Dini too, but seeing Dini's latest efforts, don't think that's a good idea.

Johns seems to understand the business side of things enough on the TV side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Have no clue whether somebody else like him exists. The closest we have is someone like Greg Weisman who has experience producing and creating strong comic book content for years. There's Paul Dini too, but seeing Dini's latest efforts, don't think that's a good idea.
    Anything in specific....?

Johns seemed good on paper probably, since he is very familiar with the source material and also has worked on other adaptations in the background. And, to be frank, while that all went down in flames when Justice League bombed, there's enough blame to go around for quite a few parties in that case. Yeah, it didn't work out at all, but the whole change in direction he was initially supposed to be shepherding was a studio-enforced response to BVS getting poor reviews and not meeting box office expectations; he didn't just come in and make changes to the movie out of nowhere.

That said, while I can see why his work would make him attractive, I don't think he's as qualified as someone like Feige to actually fill that role. I honestly can't think of anyone else in the whole industry who has Feige's mix of business and production experience and familiarity with the actual comics, even at Marvel.

Retired

Michael Uslan, Alan Brennert, Gerry Conway, David Goyer, . . .

Having a tightly shared universe screwed WB over massively with the whole Justice League fiasco. When they realized that the tone and story they had locked in on weren't connecting there was no way of course correcting as they were already deep in production. Their last three DC films have been moderate to massive financial successes without explicitly connecting to larger stories. If I were making decisions at WB, I'd think that would mean I was on to something good.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Michael Uslan, Alan Brennert, Gerry Conway, David Goyer, . . .
    Given Goyer's involvement in MOS and BVS (though I believe the latter was rewritten after his initial draft, so who knows) and the way the studio has spent the last several years trying to pivot away from that, I doubt they'd turn to him for such a capacity. In fact, he's no longer attached to the GLC film anymore, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Having a tightly shared universe screwed WB over massively with the whole Justice League fiasco. When they realized that the tone and story they had locked in on weren't connecting there was no way of course correcting as they were already deep in production. Their last three DC films have been moderate to massive financial successes without explicitly connecting to larger stories. If I were making decisions at WB, I'd think that would mean I was on to something good.
    Yeah, especially after the meteoric success of Joker, I'd be fine with them sticking with this course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Nonsense. Its having the wrong people on top that where (and always will be) the problem.