Page 428 of 485 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 7269
  1. #6406
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    I'm guessing WW will take the 2020 domestic box office crown. One two punch of WW and BW for the summer. Hopefully Mulan can be successful.

  2. #6407
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Eh, movie lightning moves way slower than real lightning (you can even just tell in the gif above) so the speed feat isn't actually that impressive. She would be moving a lot faster if it was as fast as real lightning.

    That being said swinging with lightning bolts is some true godly shit, and I absolutely love that Patty put that in there. That's seriously next level. On paper it sounds so silly but it looks super legit and so cool on screen. Patty has got a real talent when it comes to action scenes.

    I really wasn't feeling WW84 but I'm really sold on it now!
    The character still need to have the eye-coordination and reflexes to catch the lightning bolt at the right time, while using ONLY a single rope to do so. I never stated that you have to be the Flash to do the trick, but you still need to be impressively fast enough to pull it off in complete succession.

  3. #6408
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Northwest UK
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Just for anyone that might not be aware, the music used through this trailer is a slightly pumped-up version of New Order's 'Blue Monday'. Very 80's.

    This was a decent enough trailer. I can't say it blew me away but was passable enough. To be fair though, it took me a while to get past that delightful early shot of Diana getting out of that car in the white dress. Phew. Will I ever grow up ?
    "I don't stand for anything. I just crusade against everything I don't stand for."

  4. #6409
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    This was a decent enough trailer. I can't say it blew me away but was passable enough. To be fair though, it took me a while to get past that delightful early shot of Diana getting out of that car in the white dress. Phew. Will I ever grow up ?
    Speaking for myself, if scenes like that don't do anything for me anymore, then they might as well get it over with and shovel the dirt on top of me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  5. #6410
    Fantastic Member maxmcco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Shazam 2 was officially announced by Warner Bros. at yesterday's CCXP Wonder Woman panel.
    https://movieweb.com/shazam-2-announcement-ccxp/

  6. #6411
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Shazam 2 was officially announced by Warner Bros. at yesterday's CCXP Wonder Woman panel.
    https://movieweb.com/shazam-2-announcement-ccxp/
    Finally, something i can look forward to.

  7. #6412
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Northwest UK
    Posts
    3,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Speaking for myself, if scenes like that don't do anything for me anymore, then they might as well get it over with and shovel the dirt on top of me.
    Heh. Yeah, the day that I stop marvelling at Gal Gadot's beauty is the day they probably need to check that I still have a pulse .
    "I don't stand for anything. I just crusade against everything I don't stand for."

  8. #6413
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Golden globes nods are out. Joker got a best picture nod and best actor nod!

    https://www.goldenglobes.com/article...been-announced

  9. #6414
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Eh, movie lightning moves way slower than real lightning (you can even just tell in the gif above) so the speed feat isn't actually that impressive. She would be moving a lot faster if it was as fast as real lightning.

    That being said swinging with lightning bolts is some true godly shit, and I absolutely love that Patty put that in there. That's seriously next level. On paper it sounds so silly but it looks super legit and so cool on screen. Patty has got a real talent when it comes to action scenes.

    I really wasn't feeling WW84 but I'm really sold on it now!
    If the movie used the speed of real lightning, audiences wouldn't actually see anything because Diana would be moving too fast.

    But for real, Jenkins is the best thing the DCEU has going for it. Why can't WB just give her the entire DCU and let her godmother the movies the way Fiege handles the MCU? Jenkins is even a self-professed Superman fan, and gods know we need some of those in higher-level positions at WB/DC.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  10. #6415
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Shazam 2 was officially announced by Warner Bros. at yesterday's CCXP Wonder Woman panel.
    https://movieweb.com/shazam-2-announcement-ccxp/
    Good to see that on-track .

  11. #6416
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    shazam 2 was officially announced by warner bros. At yesterday's ccxp wonder woman panel.
    https://movieweb.com/shazam-2-announcement-ccxp/
    yes yes yes

  12. #6417
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Being reported that the entire plot to WW 1984 just leaked onto the internet. SMH.

  13. #6418
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Golden globes nods are out. Joker got a best picture nod and best actor nod!

    https://www.goldenglobes.com/article...been-announced
    Not surprised by that. In fact, I would have been shocked if the movie hadn't received those nominations.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  14. #6419
    Fantastic Member Castling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Shazam 2 was officially announced by Warner Bros. at yesterday's CCXP Wonder Woman panel.
    https://movieweb.com/shazam-2-announcement-ccxp/
    Sorry, but that's been debunked.

  15. #6420
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Not surprised by that. In fact, I would have been shocked if the movie hadn't received those nominations.
    Well, you never know. The Dark Knight had been snubbed by the Globes, the first sign of what was to come with the Oscars that year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •