Page 430 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530930 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Her, lasso and bracelets are more than enough. Morrison made fun of the sword and sheild in a green lantern blackstar. It is overindulgent . Wonder woman doesn't need it for punch down,Maybe up.Wonder woman is also a peace keeper that tries tie everyone together.There is a thing called balance or middle path.
    Didn't get the feeling that this was poking fun at her weapons rather saw it as a callback to Nubia and her hilariously shocking "go for the Testicles" line from Injustice
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-10-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Her, lasso and bracelets are more than enough. Morrison made fun of the sword and sheild in a green lantern blackstar. It is overindulgent . Wonder woman doesn't need it for punch down,Maybe up.Wonder woman is also a peace keeper that tries tie everyone together.There is a thing called balance or middle path.
    So the sword and shield are over indulgent but not Batman's near limitless arsenal or the number of powers writers just throw at Superman when it is convenient. Of course she doesn't need the sword and shield all the time but people are talking about getting rid of it altogether.

Also that image from Morrison's GL is the perfect example of a pot calling the kettle black given how he's written Wonder Woman before.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This was making fun of Nubia and her "go for the Testicles" line from Injustice
    It doesn't matter. I thought it applies here as well, uncertain times and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So the sword and shield are over indulgent but not Batman's near limitless arsenal or the number of powers writers just throw at Superman when it is convenient. Of course she doesn't need the sword and shield all the time but people are talking about getting rid of it altogether.

Also that image from Morrison's GL is the perfect example of a pot calling the kettle black given how he's written Wonder Woman before.
    Over indulgent not in a power scalewise but how it should be used. Do you think diana needs a sword or a sheild against a guy with a gun?no.sword and shield are at the end of the day symbols of war. She can make do without them. She has left the wars behind. Specifics would be appreciated in regards to your grievances of morrison's wonder woman.

Over indulgent not in a power scalewise but how it should be used. Do you think diana needs a sword or a sheild against a guy with a gun?
    No but she generally isn't using that sword against normal guys with guns now is she.

no.sword and shield are at the end of the day symbols of war. She can make do without them. She has left the wars behind.
    Again, I am not asking for her to use a sword and shield all the time. Just when it is needed. The people who hate the sword and shield are the ones asking for it to be gone entirely. I'm just looking for a compromise here.

Specifics would be appreciated in regards to your grievances of morrison's wonder woman.
    His Justice League run, Final Crisis and Earth One.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-10-2019 at 11:39 PM.

No but she generally isn't using that sword against normal guys with guns now is she.
    Again, I am not asking for her to use a sword and shield all the time. Just when it is needed. The people who hate the sword and shield are the ones asking for it to be gone entirely. I'm just looking for a compromise here.
    If she ain't using it then why have. Have it put to rest until its needed? When it's war time.

If she ain't using it then why have. Have it put to rest until its needed? When it's war time.
    Again, I was responding to the idea of getting rid of them entirely.

And the idea she is leaving war behind loses any meaning when she is seen wearing war armor.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-11-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Again, I was responding to the idea of getting rid of them entirely.

And the idea she is leaving war behind loses any meaning when she is seen wearing war armor.
    Armour thing only exist because of the Snyder's armor look. Otherwise it doesn't really look like much of an armor. Again, we wear protection for things like cycling. So, it doesn't really symbolise much. Sword and sheild are specifically used for that purpose and very much popular in that regard. An armor is'nt used that widespread in that regard to evoke familiarity and emotions regarding things connected to it, in this case war.

Armour thing only exist because of the Snyder's armor look. Otherwise it doesn't really look like much of an armor. Again, we wear protection for things like cycling. So, it doesn't really symbolise much. Sword and sheild are specifically used for that purpose and very much popular in that regard. An armor is'nt used that widespread in that regard to evoke familiarity and emotions regarding things connected to it, in this case war.
    I was talking about the golden armor she was wearing in the trailer. It very clearly is supposed to evoke the image of a warrior and is based on a DC story where Diana was becoming more aggressive.

I was talking about the golden armor she was wearing in the trailer. It very clearly is supposed to evoke the image of a warrior and is based on a DC story where Diana was becoming more aggressive.
    We don't know the context of that. Honestly, it just connects me to ancient egypt. Speaking of Egypt, Is hawkman and hawkwoman going to be in any movie?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Speaking of Egypt, Is hawkman and hawkwoman going to be in any movie?
    Hawkman is heavily rumored to be the main antagonist in Black Adam (2021). Maybe Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman will be there too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She was fine in Justice League. And YMMV, but she herself is fine in Earth One.

Only Final Crisis sucks, and it wasn't because she was using a sword. I don't think it's hypocritical to throw shade at that depiction of her.

Morrison said in interviews that he would also poke fun at himself in his GL run, not only at other creators, so I don't think the Wonder Woman scene makes him look like a hypocrite, it makes him more self-aware.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-11-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Retired

It's funny how men through the eons have been inventing things that are phallic in design--things that are pointy and thrust. It's like that's the main obsession of the male brain. I think women would come up with different designs. And there are lots of devices that aren't phallic that could be used in an offensive manner--so it's not like Wonder Woman is stuck with using a sword, as if that's the only weapon there ever was. Besides her tiara, lasso and bracelets, there's a mace, a gladiator's net, a bolas, a shuriken, an axe, a slingshot. It just lacks imagination when they default to swordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's funny how men through the eons have been inventing things that are phallic in design--things that are pointy and thrust. It's like that's the main obsession of the male brain. I think women would come up with different designs. And there are lots of devices that aren't phallic that could be used in an offensive manner--so it's not like Wonder Woman is stuck with using a sword, as if that's the only weapon there ever was. Besides her tiara, lasso and bracelets, there's a mace, a gladiator's net, a bolas, a shuriken, an axe, a slingshot. It just lacks imagination when they default to swordplay.
    I think anyone using "phallic symbolism" as an argument against WW using a sword is the one who needs to get their mind out of the gutter.

And contrary to what people think, women don't base their designs on their genitilia either.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-11-2019 at 08:10 AM.