Page 442 of 505 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 7571
  1. #6616
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Usual suspects that bash DC movies constantly not excited by upcoming DC movie, film at 11.

  2. #6617
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I mean, i hate the so called birds of prey movie. Doesn't mean i am going to comment on everything that comes out related to it, that too in a condescending manner.
    Looks like someone already broke his pledge.

  3. #6618
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    I'm trying to see the comparison here.
    Doesn't really work as far as I'm concerned, GOTG and Thor despite being comedic were made by people who clearly liked the characters and the comics and decided they didn't need to completely adhere to the comics.
    Whereas this is nothing more than a vehicle for Harley
    Not the same thing
    I don't see a lot of love for Thor in how they handle him in the movies now. If anything it's an aversion for Thor's character from the comics and a love for how funny Chris Hemsworth is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Margot Robbie was the one who insisted on the Birds of Prey being in this movie. We wouldn't be having them on screen if not for her. Not only is the idea that this is being made by people who don't like the characters baseless* but it is provably untrue.
    What surprises me is that Robbie would go for characters and a team hardly associated with Harley at all instead of with Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

    I mean, with Catwoman, using Black Mask makes even more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And just like GoTG, as long as it is received well by the wider audience, the changes won't matter as much.

    I mean I personally am not digging a lot of what we are seeing, particularly as it pertains to Huntress and Cass (I don't even like Cass that much, but man this sounds bad) but WB isn't overly concerned with the diehard fans as much as the wider audience. And honestly, that is where their concern should be.

    And like you say, the MCU has done stuff like this before. Including with the GoTG, who didn't much resemble their comic selves up to that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well DC does very little of that compared to Marvel so I don't think BoP fans have anything to worry about.
    Yeah, the thing I'm worried about most is DC forcing synergy with this. We're already getting a Harley/BoP series by Conner and Palmiotti soon.

  4. #6619
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see a lot of love for Thor in how they handle him in the movies now. If anything it's an aversion for Thor's character from the comics and a love for how funny Chris Hemsworth is.
    Yeah I'm not seeing it, especially after Ragnarok, IW and Endgame.
    It's just narrow-minded to say there's no love for Thor because they wanted to play more to Hemsworth's strengths and get away from the things people didn't like in the previous movies, heck if anything they're using more Thor stuff from the comics now compared to before

  5. #6620
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Yeah I'm not seeing it, especially after Ragnarok, IW and Endgame.
    It's just narrow-minded to say there's no love for Thor because they wanted to play more to Hemsworth's strengths and get away from the things people didn't like in the previous movies, heck if anything they're using more Thor stuff from the comics now compared to before
    I don't see it.

    When they turn him into a fat parody of himself who is consistently the butt of most of their jokes, it's hard for me to see much love of Thor, at least the Thor I grew up with.

    Now, grant you, it's not that I think they don't care about the character at all, but if they loved him I think they would have put more love and effort into his character and mythos then they ended up doing. Now he's discount Hercules.

  6. #6621
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,200

    Default

    Watching Henry Cavill in The Witcher makes me kinda sad, because he genuinely gets to show off more of his charisma there, and it makes me think with different writing and direction his Superman could've gone over real huge with audiences. I hope he gets another shot someday.

  7. #6622
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see it.

    When they turn him into a fat parody of himself who is consistently the butt of most of their jokes, it's hard for me to see much love of Thor, at least the Thor I grew up with.

    Now, grant you, it's not that I think they don't care about the character at all, but if they loved him I think they would have put more love and effort into his character and mythos then they ended up doing. Now he's discount Hercules.
    See that's where it's hard for me to take this seriously, you can't tell me they don't love the character after they give him Ragnarok the movie where people finally starting wanting see more of Thor rather than just going for Loki, his arc Infinity War, that then goes into Thor dealing with depression in Endgame.
    Especially if you're just gonna say the only difference between Thor and Heracles is one's comedic and the other isn't which shows less love for the character than anything.
    You don't need to like what they've down with him but telling me they don't love the character because you don't like what they did feels very self centered

  8. #6623
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    Looks like someone already broke his pledge.
    Didn't comment on everything. Did i?was not condescending .i just voiced that is not for me.

  9. #6624
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    See that's where it's hard for me to take this seriously, you can't tell me they don't love the character after they give him Ragnarok the movie where people finally starting wanting see more of Thor rather than just going for Loki, his arc Infinity War, that then goes into Thor dealing with depression in Endgame.
    Especially if you're just gonna say the only difference between Thor and Heracles is one's comedic and the other isn't which shows less love for the character than anything.
    You don't need to like what they've down with him but telling me they don't love the character because you don't like what they did feels very self centered
    I don' think it's just emphasizing comedy that lends to Thor having a more Hercules-esque characterization.

    Infinity War seemed like a good compromise with traditional Thor and Ragnarok Thor but that got torpedoed in Endgame where they turned his depression arc as an excuse to turn him into a comedy relief farm.

    I guess they don't love classic Thor would be a more accurate statement.

  10. #6625
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    You don't need to like what they've down with him but telling me they don't love the character because you don't like what they did feels very self centered
    Please bear in mind you are saying this while claiming the BoP movie is made by people who don't love the characters even though the movie isn't even out yet. Frontier has at least seen the movies Thor has appeared in to judge them.

  11. #6626
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,112

    Default

    And I see my previous point was proven.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-28-2019 at 10:00 PM.

  12. #6627
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,200

    Default

    I'm interested in BOP because of the creative team behind it and the visuals in the trailer. But people not sharing that because they don't like what's been shown so far is totally legitimate. I enjoyed Robbie's Harley Quinn but it's pretty obvious why people who are fans of the comic are annoyed that the marketing is very much pushing this movie as "Harley Quinn and friends" when that is absolutely not representative of the source material they liked.

  13. #6628
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm interested in BOP because of the creative team behind it and the visuals in the trailer. But people not sharing that because they don't like what's been shown so far is totally legitimate. I enjoyed Robbie's Harley Quinn but it's pretty obvious why people who are fans of the comic are annoyed that the marketing is very much pushing this movie as "Harley Quinn and friends" when that is absolutely not representative of the source material they liked.
    Not liking it is one thing. Being this insufferable and hypocritical about it is another.

  14. #6629
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,200

    Default

    Eh. I mean by your own account, every superhero film has some degree of negativity around it. If the movie comes out and is awesome and proves them wrong, cool. But if not, like I said, while I'm excited, it's pretty easy to see why some others aren't.

  15. #6630
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Eh. I mean by your own account, every superhero film has some degree of negativity around it. If the movie comes out and is awesome and proves them wrong, cool. But if not, like I said, while I'm excited, it's pretty easy to see why some others aren't.
    In the case of BOP (and a number of other DC projects) it's far more toxic than usual. Jurnee Smollett and Ella Jay Basco have both been attacked on social media and we have people in this thread accusing the film makers of not caring about the source material. Even though Margot Robbie, who is a producer on this film, is the one who wanted to make this a Birds of Prey movie in the first place despite being offered a Harley Quinn solo film.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •