Page 456 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556956 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, I'm just saying, Bats and Supes were in JL and it bombed.
    It bombed because they spent too much, particularly because they remade the film. If the budget was like 150 million it wouldn't have been a bomb.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Cw crossovers have been doing pretty amazing with just a bare bones skeleton crew of heroes.
    It can be done but tv is less of a risk than film.
    You need to include all your big guns to get people interested
    What if your big guns are boring? What if your freaks can get the audience excited with a nice trailer? What if your big guns were in a toxic movie?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It bombed because they spent too much, particularly because they remade the film. If the budget was like 150 million it wouldn't have been a bomb.
    That's very true. It still would have been beat up for not making Avengers money, but it would have been profitable like all of the other DCEU films.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Batman couldn't save or fix BvS or JL. WB thought he could fix all their problems but it didn't lol. In fact, Man of Steel, WW and even Suicide Squad sold a lot better in home media.

I think it's about how much general audiences enjoy a DC movie than just more Batman. They weren't very impressed with the Snyder movies for whatever reason, so much, they didn't go see JL out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao you aren’t getting another JL film until Battison comes out and we see how people like him and they either reboot Superman or bring back Cavill. I don’t know why people keep expecting any JL news before those two things happen. Earliest you’ll get another JL movie is 2025.
    *laugh* no. I don't expect anything to look forward too from the DC movies anymore. Not until they have started to show some commitment to the source material and a coherent connected movie universe that is. It was just the split second train of thought I had reading that line and laughing at myself for that the same moment.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Batman couldn't save or fix BvS or JL. WB thought he could fix all their problems but it didn't lol. In fact, Man of Steel, WW and even Suicide Squad sold a lot better in home media.

I think it's about how much general audiences enjoy a DC movie than just more Batman. They weren't very impressed with the Snyder movies for whatever reason, so much, they didn't go see JL out of curiosity.
    I dialogue I had:

"Went to JL already?"
    "No, slept in during BvS; too much talk"
    "... well, not really a problem in JL"
    next day
    "JL was great"

I was not able to convince him to watch the BvS extended cut :P

Clarification: I myself have both; watched them multiple times and like them.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    *laugh* no. I don't expect anything to look forward too from the DC movies anymore. Not until they have started to show some commitment to the source material and a coherent connected movie universe that is. It was just the split second train of thought I had reading that line and laughing at myself for that the same moment.

I dialogue I had:

"Went to JL already?"
    "No, slept in during BvS; too much talk"
    "... well, not really a problem in JL"
    next day
    "JL was great"

I was not able to convince him to watch the BvS extended cut :P

Clarification: I myself have both; watched them multiple times and like them.
    Yup, I've noticed people who didn't like BvS liked JL more. The problem with JL is that it's so average and mediocre compared to what it should have been and what's out there, IMO. I myself like it quite a bit, but it has flaws and it lacks a truly epic third act and ending. But I like it and many scenes and the characters' interactions are strong, imo. It just should have been more epic like... Aquaman.

In contrast, BvS has better action and visuals, but it's so slow and Superman is so gloomy, imo.. I can see why many found it boring.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 01-24-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

As far as comic book accuracy in costuming, sure there are embellishments (zippers, a belt...) but these costumes are basically the same except one is pants and one is shorts and since they have her inIMG_20200124_045804.jpg pants they put the fishnet on top.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What if your big guns are boring? What if your freaks can get the audience excited with a nice trailer? What if your big guns were in a toxic movie?
    The "freaks" were also in the same toxic movie. This isn't a good argument, especially not one a WB exec would take seriously. A JL film without Superman and Batman isn't happening, ever. Hell, a JL film with them might not happen this decade either. If those two didn't save the JL, then the lesson WB might have made is no more JL.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    *laugh* no. I don't expect anything to look forward too from the DC movies anymore. Not until they have started to show some commitment to the source material and a coherent connected movie universe that is.
    Is a connected universe really that important though? Joker was just insanely popular and profitable and it isn't in the shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The "freaks" were also in the same toxic movie. This isn't a good argument, especially not one a WB exec would take seriously. A JL film without Superman and Batman isn't happening, ever. Hell, a JL film with them might not happen this decade either. If those two didn't save the JL, then the lesson WB might have made is no more JL.
    I don’t think I agree, it’s really not hard to see the WB executives deciding to make a team up movie with Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman (the real trinity of that universe). And just leave out the dead weight that basically is dceu Superman and Batman.
    That being said it’s a moot point since you’re probably right about the other thing, chances are we won’t see another JL movie in the current continuity. And honestly that’s probably for the best.

Is a connected universe really that important though? Joker was just insanely popular and profitable and it isn't in the shared universe.
    Agreed, Shared universes can be fun but are also overrated. Unless you have a genius like Feige in your corner, it’s going to be messy.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-25-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don’t think I agree, it’s really not hard to see the WB executives deciding to make a team up movie with Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman (the real trinity of that universe). And just leave out the dead weight that basically is dceu Superman and Batman.
    That being said it’s a moot point since you’re probably right about the other thing, chances are we won’t see another JL movie in the current continuity. And honestly that’s probably for the best.

Agreed, Shared universes can be fun but are also overrated. Unless you have a genius like Feige in your corner, it’s going to be messy.
    I'd hardly call those three the Trinity of the DCEU - Shazam was only a modest financial success, Man of Steel made more. Plus they are the only good films in the DCEU. With Snyder and his unpopular vision gone, there's no reason to assume Batman and Superman won't be in more successful movies going forward.

I'd hardly call those three the Trinity of the DCEU - Shazam was only a modest financial success, Man of Steel made more. Plus they are the only good films in the DCEU. With Snyder and his unpopular vision gone, there's no reason to assume Batman and Superman won't be in more successful movies going forward.
    Shazam is apparently getting a sequel AND a spinoff. The financial and critical success of Arthur and Diana speak for themselves. Batman is getting rebooted probably completely separeate from the Affleck version. Superman.....who knows what's in store with him? Though, I guess if you want to get technical, the "dceu" is now the Arthur, Diana, Billy and Harley show now.

BANNED

They should try multiversal JL or Bawahahah era JL or JLE.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Shazam is apparently getting a sequel AND a spinoff. The financial and critical success of Arthur and Diana speak for themselves. Batman is getting rebooted probably completely separeate from the Affleck version. Superman.....who knows what's in store with him? Though, I guess if you want to get technical, the "dceu" is now the Arthur, Diana, Billy and Harley show now.
    The spinoff that stars Dwayne Johnson is I think the main reason we are getting a Shazam sequel. Shazam wasn't a huge success (a shame because it deserved to be), but since it didn't have an insane budget it under performing isn't seen as big of a deal. Tying it in with Black Adam will hopefully help bolster the sequel.

As it stands, he's not on the same level as Aquaman, Wonder Woman or Harley. Or the renewed interest a rebooted Batman and Superman will generate. I think at this point a well made JL without those two might do fine (especially if it has Gadot and Momoa)...but still wouldn't do as well if you had a good/great film with them in it along with WW, Aquaman and as much of the full classic roster as they can manage.

BANNED

There's several other movies to be made.

If Superman is rebooted will they tie it into the nu decu or stand alone?