Page 460 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 20948

I'm on a thread right now where someone just said "**** this movie sideways".

It's getting vitriol.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I think Grace has been more hit than miss these last few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Grace was the first one to break the Obi Wan story and she definitely broke a lot of the details about WW84 and BOP before anyone else
    She is very well informed she just happens to have a lot of personal biases that color her commentary

I don't hold her analysis as gospel but when she reports something it is more often then not proven right.
    Yep, I wouldn't dismiss Grace yet as she was the first one to get correct info out of BoP first and that was like months before we saw anything of the movie. She definitely has sources and bias but I just think you should treat her like you would any rumor.

BANNED

Anything wrong with the plot?

I've seen a couple of comments from early screenings saying the movie has 2 post credit scenes
    One setting up The Suicide Squad and another referencing Reeves Batman film

So if these are true Gotham might be coming together again

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Anything wrong with the plot?
    It's more of a character adaptation thing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yep, I wouldn't dismiss Grace yet as she was the first one to get correct info out of BoP first and that was like months before we saw anything of the movie. She definitely has sources and bias but I just think you should treat her like you would any rumor.
    She claimed that the director of John Wick was being brought in to reshoot the majority of BoP. He came in to amp up a few action scenes, a common practice done on many action movies including Captain America: Civil War.

I wouldn't call this accurate reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    She claimed that the director of John Wick was being brought in to reshoot the majority of BoP. He came in to amp up a few action scenes, a common practice done on many action movies including Captain America: Civil War.

Pretty sure she reported that Stahelski was doing action scenes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's more of a character adaptation thing.
    Not sure why that matters.

Not sure why that matters.
    Why wouldn't character adaptation matter? People love these characters and want to see them portrayed more or less accurately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why wouldn't character adaptation matter? People love these characters and want to see them portrayed more or less accurately.
    Plenty of other adaptations aren't so strict.

Besides most moviegoers don't read the comics.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It obviously matters to us as fans. Whether it matter's to the studio's bottom line is altogether separate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It obviously matters to us as fans. Whether it matter's to the studio's bottom line is altogether separate.
    Comic fans are a tiny minority.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post

But she was the first one to point out the spoilers as seen in the trailers, Black Mask motivations and whatnot. That wasn't the only thing she reported. And I believe she said he came to do action scenes and clean them up.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

As long as an adaptation is good, it can get away with making adjustments. It's too soon to tell for this one either way yet.

Comic fans are understandably very protective of their favorite characters, and even if the film works it can create a perception of a character among the mainstream that may not be very accurate, and that can be frustrating to fans. But depending on the change, fans can also appreciate the differences in certain cases.

But Cass Cain fans have a right to be pissed in this instance if everything is as it appears to be.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Anytime I see the studio not lifting the review embargo until the day before the movie releases it kind of raises a red flag for me. It usually means they are worried. This move have not been marketed that well at all anyway and basically just leans into the silly and crazy. Thats cool if that is what your looking for, but if your not really a fan of the silly then this movie doesn't look like it has much to hold a persons interest.