Page 461 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561961 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 20948

Here are some extended clips of scenes we have seen before from various trailers, TV Spots and other promotional material.

I still can't seem to get into this movie, no matter what I am shown, but perhaps other people will find enjoyment in these and the movie as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    As long as an adaptation is good, it can get away with making adjustments. It's too soon to tell for this one either way yet.

Comic fans are understandably very protective of their favorite characters, and even if the film works it can create a perception of a character among the mainstream that may not be very accurate, and that can be frustrating to fans. But depending on the change, fans can also appreciate the differences in certain cases.

But Cass Cain fans have a right to be pissed in this instance if everything is as it appears to be.
    Yeah...the stuff with Dinah and Helena is growing on me because it doesn't seem like they've diverged with the characters near as much as it first appeared, but paring them with Harley and the Cass stuff still just bothers me.

And, honestly, I don't see much defending for how they've adapted Cass when they've turned what should be one of DC's major leading ladies and minority heroes into Harley's sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Plenty of other adaptations aren't so strict.

Besides most moviegoers don't read the comics.
    Eh, difference between strict and fans not feeling like their favorite characters are actually up on the screen at all. Past "this isn't my Cass" and into "this isn't Cass" territory. I can't blame fans feeling pissed.

Social media reviews are pretty damn positive for Birds of Prey!

https://www.slashfilm.com/birds-of-p...rly-reactions/

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Social media reviews are pretty damn positive for Birds of Prey!

https://www.slashfilm.com/birds-of-p...rly-reactions/
    That's good. On principle I want this movie to do well even if I don't like the approach they went with and I don't want them to keep forcing synergy with this movie.

(I wish this wouldn't be most people's introduction to Cassandra Cain).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's good. On principle I want this movie to do well even if I don't like the approach they went with and I don't want them to keep forcing synergy with this movie.

(I wish this wouldn't be most people's introduction to Cassandra Cain).
    I very much understand this. I think a possible positive comparison though is that for a lot of people’s first exposure of John Constantine was the Keanu Reeve version, a good movie, but it’s a far cry from Hellblazer. I’m hoping this birds of prey movie has a similar outcome. I hope it’s genuinely good, and I think it very well may be. But I hope doesn’t become the definitive versions of these characters going forward. Well at least not for Cass and I think Dinah.
    Other than that I have a good feeling about this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I very much understand this. I think a possible positive comparison though is that for a lot of people’s first exposure of John Constantine was the Keanu Reeve version, a good movie, but it’s a far cry from Hellblazer. I’m hoping this birds of prey movie has a similar outcome. I hope it’s genuinely good, and I think it very well may be. But I hope doesn’t become the definitive versions of these characters going forward. Well at least not for Cass and I think Dinah.
    Other than that I have a good feeling about this movie.
    Hopefully Cass can get her Matt Ryan .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    (First Video)
    This clip seemed okay, but as the moment they decide to all work together, it seems simplified and falls kind of flat.

"Okay."
    "Yeah....okay.."
    "...Sure."

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    (Second Video)
    This was okay but felt similarly flat. There's rarely a focus on any one of them fighting, and I find it strange that Canary would be caught off guard by her own hair. Her scream right before the kick too...why grunt when not exerting?

I may be nitpicking but that's just my impression on these clips alone, certain things stand out as a little off.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jpalmiott...96403695366161

Palmiotti, Conner, and Paul Dini with Margot Robbie at the BoP premiere. So happy that DC/WB is showing love to the creators who shaped the character. Dini is obviously her creator but Conner and Palmiotti gave her a lot of her modern (and possibly best) qualities.

BANNED

Define "best" in this context, pretty much everything they've done with Harley is the exact reason people are getting sick of her nowadays.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jpalmiott...96403695366161

Palmiotti, Conner, and Paul Dini with Margot Robbie at the BoP premiere. So happy that DC/WB is showing love to the creators who shaped the character. Dini is obviously her creator but Conner and Palmiotti gave her a lot of her modern (and possibly best) qualities.
    Reading Palmiotti s HQ after his Run on Jonah Hex is... https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.2...uYNQ4ZzZvMI%3d
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 02-04-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Define "best" in this context, pretty much everything they've done with Harley is the exact reason people are getting sick of her nowadays.
    Yeah, that’s not true at all. People are getting sick of her because DC has put her in every book they publish.

The character traits I was thinking of is her love of animals (not just her hyenas). The fact that she’ll literally kill someone who is abusing animal makes me smile. Also, Harley’s need to have lots of friends around her.

People are "sick" of her in the same way there's a group of people that hate every popular character that Marvel or DC gives a push to. That doesn't change the fact that her books sell and that there's clearly an interest in the character.