Page 51 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
    Retired

Since I refuse to watch any more John Campea videos (used to respect him, now abhor him) as tit for tat I'll put up a Grace Randolph video--but I'll actually do you the favour of giving some detail on the video so you don't have to watch her if you don't want.

She goes over the very early projections for the opening box office re AQUAMAN, MARY POPPINS 2 and BUMBLEBEE--with the caveat these are very early and unreliable--from the industry at 45 M, 40 M and 20 M respectively.

While these are low numbers, given the crowded Christmas market not so low, and GR sees chance of improvement. A lot depends on a fresh RT score, but like JUMANJI 2 and THE GREATEST SHOWMAN, the stars could align to improve box office over the long haul for Arthur and Mary.

Me personally, I wonder if the studios purposely kept these movies in competition with each other to give themselves cover. Grace observes that they are all troubled in their own way--so I wonder if the studios are nervous how they'll perform. If they were each released at different times against less competition, they might not do any better--but the studios wouldn't have the cover of saying it was due to the crowded marketplace. In a way, the Christmas release allows them to downplay their failures--if the movies don't do well.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 10-30-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    OMG WW2 gets moved because they squeeze in MOS2 !!!

... no they are not. I was just exercising in case of it becoming a real thing.

... *sigh* pathetic, I know
    I almost dropped my phone.

It would have been worth it though if MOS2 was actually true.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

WB should just clone Gal and have her play the entire DCEU trinity tbh

EDIT- wrong thread my mistake
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Gal makes everything better.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://deadline.com/2018/11/ewan-mc...medium=twitter

Ewan McGregor has been cast as Black Mask for Birds of Prey!

(insert your favorite prequel meme here)

Considering he's dating Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Huntress) in real life, this is... interesting to say the least.

And Black Mask finally makes it to the big screen. Remember fans clamouring for him to appear in a movie dating all the way back to the Nolan films.

BANNED

Black Mask for the win! Why Ewan though? Couldn't they have found somebody else for the role?

Quote Originally Posted by Winx Club Forever View Post
    Black Mask for the win! Why Ewan though? Couldn't they have found somebody else for the role?
    He's a damn good actor is likely the reason for the casting.

I love it personally.

I doubt McGregor will want to act his way through the whole movie from behind a big bulky mask, so I'm guessing they'll go with it as a secret identity thing, or just make his face disfigured through makeup. Will also be interesting to see if they write Black Mask as a choleric mob boss, depraved torture enthusiast or a foppish gangster wannabe. McGregor's casting kind of implies it will be the last of those options, but it would be cool to see him play completely against type.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Fantastic Member

I don't know what have you the idea that McGregor would not want to be behind a mask the whole film. These people know what they sign up for. And Black Mask is already confirmed to be a non boss in this film, and with the hard R rating K assume the will pull no punches.

He'll have to really play against his type to fit the role of this character
    If this movie stay a hard R then I'll be here for his casting

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I don't know what have you the idea that McGregor would not want to be behind a mask the whole film. These people know what they sign up for. And Black Mask is already confirmed to be a non boss in this film, and with the hard R rating K assume the will pull no punches.
    Years of Spider-Man, Iron Man, Cap, Deadshot, Deadpool, etc constantly taking their masks off (in battle even!) tells me that when studios pay a lot of money for talent, they want the talent to be seen lol
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 11-01-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."