Page 53 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast

Aside from Hugo Weaving (V) I cannot think of any other actor who was humble enough to stay behind the mask if required. So I do not expect this to suddenly change. Flashbacks could be a good excuse though. McGregor is an experienced actor; a solid choice IMO. A bit surprising nonetheless though; after some of the more weirdo Black Canary reasoning I'd rather had expected Tony Todd to play him (which if I'm honest I would quicker to buy in a terrifying antagonist role).

edit:
    Just read he voiced Darkseid in some Lego DC Movies. Maybe they get him for the big bad
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-02-2018 at 11:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Aside from Hugo Weaving (V) I cannot think of any other actor who was humble enough to stay behind the mask if required. So I do not expect this to suddenly change. Flashbacks could be a good excuse though. McGregor is an experienced actor; a solid choice IMO. A bit surprising nonetheless though; after some of the more weirdo Black Canary reasoning I'd rather had expected Tony Todd to play him (which if I'm honest I would quicker to buy in a terrifying antagonist role).

edit:
    Just read he voiced Darkseid in some Lego DC Movies. Maybe they get him for the big bad
    Lol, I just thought about Tony Todd earlier today.

He is such a terrific and experienced actor. Plus, he was a spooky Candyman, so I have no doubt he would nail the villain role again. The problem however is his age. Tony is in his 60's and Black Mask isn't that old, so the 47 year old Ewan would be closer to the Batman villain in terms of age...unless of course a 20 something Bruce Wayne met a 40+ Roman Sionis when beginning his vigilante career (hey, it's possible in a cinematic universe where Batman met Superman after 20 years of intense crime fighting).

I would assume Ewan would stick with the mask the whole time unless the movie starts with him maskless. Then gets it later on or something like that.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think the idea that Black Mask might be a secret identity for Roman Sionis would give enough reason for him to wear the mask and expose his face equally in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the idea that Black Mask might be a secret identity for Roman Sionis would give enough reason for him to wear the mask and expose his face equally in the movie.
    It could work as long as they don’t go with the “mask burnt to his face” angle. Make it something he can take on and off.

edit:
    Gary Oldman was the first person I thought of. He has a habit of disappearing into his roles and looking and sounding completely different in every movie.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

The final cut of Aquaman has been completed:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpvNOBeFpA-/
    After two years of consuming and devouring my every waking hour, this little indie movie is finally done. It was a monster undertaking.
    I can’t THANK enough the amazing post team of VFX/editorial/sound for working tirelessly around the clock — crazy long days, 7 days a week, for many many many weeks without a day off — towards making this a unique and beautiful film.
    Everyone poured their heart and soul into it, and I can’t wait to share this 21st December!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I just saw this posted on Reddit:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I just saw this posted on Reddit:

Usually not a fan of these hacked together stuff; but that was pretty awesome.

And considering WBs... shortcomings regarding a coherent movie universe (i.e. their [alleged, apparent] fuckup with Cavil & to some degree Affleck) prolly one among the best things post Aquaman to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    The final cut of Aquaman has been completed:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpvNOBeFpA-/
    Nice; and I cant wait to see it. But "final" cut?

I do hope for a real final cut with the bluray; made BvS & SS really shine IMO. Theaters are so cheap regarding wholesome movie experiences past 90 min.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-04-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Tom Hardy must have done somethng before that Batman movie, because I remember a lot of buzz beforehand about the Tom Hardy in a Batman movie, like that's something special and so much anticipation for what he would do with the part.
    He was in Bronson. But that's not the same thing as being a star. He had buzz for an acclaimed performance, but as others mentioned here, he was not seen as a bankable leading man.

Nope, but its a lot of peoples confidence in the DCEU which needs it. Or at least could be very healthy for.
    To be fair, at this point I don't think that'd do much to inspire confidence beyond people who were already existing fans of the DCEU Superman flicks. The general audience is not as sweet on Henry's Superman movies as some of the more hardcore fans, even if there is a large feeling that he got a bum deal. That was part of the reason why his camp playing hard ball and demanding more money was a major miscalculation on their part; he's less Robert Downey Jr. and more Andrew Garfield. And even that comparison is unfair since at least the first Amazing Spider-Man movie was far less polarizing.

If there's meant to be a big cameo to excite the audience, Gal Gadot putting in an appearance as Wonder Woman would be a better fit, tbh. Hell, if Aquaman is well received, maybe they could film a quick Jason Momoa cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He was in Bronson. But that's not the same thing as being a star. He had buzz for an acclaimed performance, but as others mentioned here, he was not seen as a bankable leading man.

To be fair, at this point I don't think that'd do much to inspire confidence beyond people who were already existing fans of the DCEU Superman flicks. The general audience is not as sweet on Henry's Superman movies as some of the more hardcore fans, even if there is a large feeling that he got a bum deal. That was part of the reason why his camp playing hard ball and demanding more money was a major miscalculation on their part; he's less Robert Downey Jr. and more Andrew Garfield. And even that comparison is unfair since at least the first Amazing Spider-Man movie was far less polarizing.

If there's meant to be a big cameo to excite the audience, Gal Gadot putting in an appearance as Wonder Woman would be a better fit, tbh. Hell, if Aquaman is well received, maybe they could film a quick Jason Momoa cameo.
    I did not meant specifically about confidence in DCEU Superman movies but confidence in the DCEU as a whole BECAUSE of (lack of) Superman (Cavil in this case) films/availability. Maybe they can rearrange it; but they cannot undo DCs 70+ years and several generations spanning of world wide "conditioning" that Superman and Batman are THE leading men in the main DC universe and then wave the perceptions and expectations away because WB is either to incompetent or to unwilling to handle it.

I did not meant specifically about confidence in DCEU Superman movies but confidence in the DCEU as a whole BECAUSE of (lack of) Superman (Cavil in this case) films/availability. Maybe they can rearrange it; but they cannot undo DCs 70+ years and several generations spanning of world wide "conditioning" that Superman and Batman are THE leading men in the main DC universe and then wave the perceptions and expectations away because WB is either to incompetent or to unwilling to handle it.
    I dunno. We're kind of in an exciting new era where the prior importance or iconic status of a superhero is no longer as big a deal as it may have been a few decades ago. Did anyone ever expect to live in a world where a Thor sequel utterly demolished the Justice League at the box office? Or where a movie starring Black Panther became one of the highest grossing flicks of all time? If people genuinely respond well to Aquaman, Shazam and the rest of the upcoming flicks (which is a tall order, I admit), then I don't think audiences will mind if Superman takes the back seat for a bit.

Retired

If they had known where they were going (with female centred movies and the popularity of stories set in the 1980s and 1990s), they could have set up their movie universe so Superman and Batman were active in the past and then all these other characters came along to take their place, once they had passed on. That way they'd always have the option of telling more Superman and Batman stories set in that past timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I dunno. We're kind of in an exciting new era where the prior importance or iconic status of a superhero is no longer as big a deal as it may have been a few decades ago. Did anyone ever expect to live in a world where a Thor sequel utterly demolished the Justice League at the box office? Or where a movie starring Black Panther became one of the highest grossing flicks of all time? If people genuinely respond well to Aquaman, Shazam and the rest of the upcoming flicks (which is a tall order, I admit), then I don't think audiences will mind if Superman takes the back seat for a bit.
    I don’t think they’ll mind either but *I* will, especially when they’re already fast tracking 15 Batman sequels. Bats was the main protagonist of BvS and JL, and cameo’d in SS, we all could definitely use a break from Batman showing up everywhere. Now obviously Bats is a big moneymaker, but Aquaman and Flash aren’t going to break a billion either. I expect Aquaman to review well and bring in around what MoS did, $600 million. I’m furious that Supes is the scapegoat for Snyder’s incompetence. Keep or replace Cavill, I couldn’t care less either way, but don’t just leave Supes to wither and die because the morons at WB let a hack run wild for three movies.

I'm in agreement. Sadly, WB seems to have a long history of making boneheaded decisions with Superman, and then blaming the character when things don't work out.