Page 54 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758641041545541054 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm in agreement. Sadly, WB seems to have a long history of making boneheaded decisions with Superman, and then blaming the character when things don't work out.
    Sadly yes. Well; I will not be against a positive surprise but I just do not want to muster up the energy to hope for that anymore. But as it is I expect Aquaman to last DCEU movie.

And to elaborate a bit on what I previously meant regarding DCEU confidence: I watched Suicide Squad as soon as it hit the theaters and preordered the steelbook as soon as it was possible. Would it have been an unconnected standalone movie I would have done neither. Maybe watched it on a price reduced amazon prime stream rental. Kind of how I tread that upcoming Joker movie. Not out of spite or stubborness but simply because I do not care for a Joker oneshot. Had they picked Leto for the role and threw in 1-2 scenes regarding the DCEU and maybe a hint of things to come I would already dust of the space for it on my steelbook shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Sadly yes. Well; I will not be against a positive surprise but I just do not want to muster up the energy to hope for that anymore. But as it is I expect Aquaman to last DCEU movie.

And to elaborate a bit on what I previously meant regarding DCEU confidence: I watched Suicide Squad as soon as it hit the theaters and preordered the steelbook as soon as it was possible. Would it have been an unconnected standalone movie I would have done neither. Maybe watched it on a price reduced amazon prime stream rental. Kind of how I tread that upcoming Joker movie. Not out of spite or stubborness but simply because I do not care for a Joker oneshot. Had they picked Leto for the role and threw in 1-2 scenes regarding the DCEU and maybe a hint of things to come I would already dust of the space for it on my steelbook shelf.

THIS

I didnt like BvS much but for the collection it had to be bought.

I don't get the appeal of buying a movie I don't like just for completion, but to each their own. It's why I don't own Iron Man 2 or Thor: The Dark World.

Anyway:

I don't get the appeal of buying a movie I don't like just for completion, but to each their own. It's why I don't own Iron Man 2 or Thor: The Dark World.

Anyway:

I love the costuming in this movie .

I don't get why they didn't show Orm in his Ocean Master costume though.

Vulko and Nereus

Anyway:

Awesome pictures!

I did not dislike SS. I just did not cared enough for the Squad to bother going against my movie theater aversion if its a stand alone movie. I did like the SS movie and it being part of the whole thing and casually having Batman and Flash appearing on top of the BvS outcome being part of the background setting for SS plays a big part of why I liked it besides it otherwise being a solid super(anti)hero action movie. In an ideal world an upcoming Batman movie with Affleck and Leto reprising their roles would already have both characters fleshed out; having some history without the new movie wasting time on scenes & make believe dialogue telling it since it was actually told already.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Manta should become a member of the Suicide Squad in the sequel. Post credits scene, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Manta should become a member of the Suicide Squad in the sequel. Post credits scene, maybe?
    I hope they have bigger plans for Manta then the Suicide Squad.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they have bigger plans for Manta then the Suicide Squad.
    I have high hopes for SS2 and love Manta so for me its THE plan to get him. I hope we get an all new Squad, Manta would replace whoever it was Will Smith played, King Shark instead of Croc, Bronze Tiger instead of Flagg, Count Vertigo, the clown girl gets her head blown off, maybe Bane, maybe Catman. Or just let Gunn and Gail Simone do a Secret Six movie.

Retired

Smith played Deadshot who is pretty much a mainstay of the iconic Suicide Squad. One of the few characters that was on the nose for me in the movie--and I liked SUICIDE SQUAD a lot more than other people. I thought Will Smith did some of his best acting in that movie. And if Margot Robbie is going to be in the next one, I hope a star of Smith's standing will remain in the movie so it doesn't become all about Harley Quinn.

Black Manta seems like a good candidate for the Squad; however, I was under the impression that Black Manta was being set up in the first AQUAMAN movie and that he would be the main villain in the sequel. Of course, that all depends on there being a sequel, but I live in hope. Maybe hold off using BM in the second SS movie, but bring him and Black Adam into the third one--after AQUAMAN II and the BLACK ADAM movie. If the Rock is ever actually available to make any movies for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I have high hopes for SS2 and love Manta so for me its THE plan to get him. I hope we get an all new Squad, Manta would replace whoever it was Will Smith played, King Shark instead of Croc, Bronze Tiger instead of Flagg, Count Vertigo, the clown girl gets her head blown off, maybe Bane, maybe Catman. Or just let Gunn and Gail Simone do a Secret Six movie.
    May as well have wished for the moon to split open and magical flying unicorns and rainbows to come out of it.

I think Manta was being prepped to be a member of the Legion of Doom in Justice League 2 originally (when Snyder and Johns had bigger roles) but with the change in management and the first Justice League disappointing financially, who knows if that is still the case.

I still think the Legion is a better fit for BM than the Squad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Vulko and Nereus

I can wager a guess at the movie’s plot. Since I’m sure it will be taking a lot of inspiration from Johns’ Aquaman run, I think Vulco will be revealed as the orchastrator of the war like in the comics. Or he will betray Arthur at the end. Why would they get such a great character actor like Defoe to play a seemingly minor character like Vulco unless he actually plays a nefarious role in the movie?

Obviously I haven’t seen Aquaman yet so I don’t know how good he is as Vulco, but there are so many other characters I would have loved to see Defoe play. I hope he’s not wasted here.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-09-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I can wager a guess at the movie’s plot. Since I’m sure it will be taking a lot of inspiration from Johns’ Aquaman run, I think Vulco will be revealed as the orchastrator of the war like in the comics. Or he will betray Arthur at the end. Why would they get such a great character actor like Defoe to play a seemingly minor character like Vulco unless he actually plays a nefarious role in the movie?

Obviously I haven’t seen Aquaman yet so I don’t know how good he is as Vulco, but there are so many other characters I would have loved to see Defoe play. I hope he’s not wasted here.
    I mean, as far as classic Aquaman is concerned, Vulko is still a fairy prominent character so I wouldn't call him a minor Aquaman character even pre-Johns.

Legion of Doom is one of those ideas that I'm sure sounded great on paper, but probably should've been rethought when BVS came out and everyone hated Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor. I don't think you'd ever get people to buy him as a credible threat.