Page 91 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 20948

Hi, does anyone have a link to the DC Universe spotlight of Aquaman from yesterday? Really want to watch it.

The very broad strokes nature of the continuity in Aquaman is basically what I'm expecting going forward. If someone is seriously refusing to give the other films a chance out of fear they'll be tied to Snyder's films, I don't think that'll be a concern going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The very broad strokes nature of the continuity in Aquaman is basically what I'm expecting going forward. If someone is seriously refusing to give the other films a chance out of fear they'll be tied to Snyder's films, I don't think that'll be a concern going forward.
    Yeah. Lets hope the WB/Cavill/Affleck drama stops and whomever the showstoppers in this are get their act together and start behaving responsible to the franchise they represent. First Wonder Woman has proven that her movie is a full success even if her first appearance was in the critical under fire Batman v Superman (I still think though that GGs stellar first appearance there contributed greatly to WWs success) and now Aquaman proves that it does not matter that his first (real) appearance was in the underperforming Justice League if the movie now rocks; which it does.

Aquaman voiced by momoa confirmed for lego movie 2.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Aquaman voiced by momoa confirmed for lego movie 2.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...mpression=true
    Kind of funny considering all the other random celebrities voicing DC heroes in that movie .

I hope he does the yell .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They are tied to Snyder creatively. Because it was Snyder's idea to cast these people and his basic visions and concepts for the characters and world are still intact. But from the beginning the DCEU was never supposed to be about continuity and the shared universe is just a playground for the characters to exist in, not an actual storyline. Producers have said this from the beginning and that's pretty much what they've shown us so it's kinda weird that we still get videos like that

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4471&p=.htm

"There were no big surprises in the final weekend of a record-setting 2018 as Warner Bros.'s Aquaman is once again king of the box office seas with a domestic cume that now tops $188 million and a worldwide tally nearing $750 million. Meanwhile, the weekend's new wide releases in Annapurna's Vice and Sony's Holmes & Watson were quiet in their debuts as the bulk of the weekend attention goes to holiday holdovers.
    Just slightly outperforming Mojo's pre-weekend expectations, WB and DC's Aquaman delivered the smallest second weekend drop in the DC Extended Universe, dipping just -23.5% for a $51.55 million second weekend, pushing the film's domestic cume over $188 million. The film now ranks as the eleventh largest domestic release based on a DC Comic after just ten days in release.
    Internationally, Aquaman brought in an estimated $85.4 million this weekend from 78 markets for an overseas cume totaling $560 million and a global tally reaching $748.8 million. This makes the film the third largest worldwide release in the DC Extended Universe, topping Suicide Squad. Meanwhile, it's the fifth largest worldwide release based on a DC Comic and the second largest international release behind only The Dark Knight Rises ($636.8m). China remains Aquaman's top market with a massive $260.4 million with releases in Italy set for January 1 and Japan serving as the final market to release where the film will open on February 8.
    Disney's Mary Poppins Returns also performed right on par with Mojo's pre-weekend forecast, delivering an estimated $28 million in its second weekend, a +19% improvement over last weekend, resulting in a domestic cume just shy of $100 million as the film begins to show potential for long legs.
    Internationally, Mary Poppins added $28.9 million this weekend from 37 markets for an international cume that now stands just shy of $75 million. The film's top overseas market remains the UK where it has grossed nearly $30 million so far and it will open in Australia and Russia next weekend.
    Paramount's Bumblebee dipped just -5% in its second weekend, delivering an estimated $20.5 million for a domestic cume that now stands at $66.7 million. The film's performance will continue to be one to watch as audiences are clearly enjoying it more than the last few films in the Transformers franchise, but the film faces a lot of direct competition in Aquaman and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which leaves open the question just how long the three films can thrive in theaters, playing side-by-side.
    Internationally, Bumblebee is now playing in 55 markets from which it grossed an estimated $45.7 million this weekend for an overseas cume that now stands at $90 million. Highlights among new openings include a $7.8 million opening in South Korea followed by the UK ($6.3m), France ($4.1m), Brazil ($3m), Taiwan ($2m) and Hong Kong ($1.5m). The film will begin playing in China on January 4 followed by a March 22 release in Japan.
    In fourth place, the aforementioned Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse followed what was a larger-than-expected drop last weekend with a +11.2% improvement this weekend, delivering an estimated $18.3 million to start its third week in release with a domestic cume that now tops $103 million. The film also added another $27.4 million internationally from 60 markets for a worldwide cume that now totals $213.2 million. Spider-Verse has still yet to open in Brazil where it will debut on January 10 followed by a March 28 opening in Japan."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They should totally play the Justice League cartoon theme for that scene with them all heroically walking in

I think WB should have kept Wonder Woman 1984 in it's original December date. Sure Star Wars is there, but that franchise is a wounded animal, WW drew a different audience and films can co-exist that month, plus WW had a 4.0 multiplier, in June!! Imagine what kind of multi she could pull off in December!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

tbh, I'm really sad to see Spider-verse getting so little love when it's so much better than Aquaman as a movie. Aquaman is a movie that was entertaining to me, but not one I ever thought again after having watched it. It's a forgettable movie with great visuals and action, but I definitely hope it's not the future of the DCEU.

it doesn't have the heart of Wonder Woman, the emotion of Man of Steel nor the grandeur of Batman V Superman.

I'm glad it's doing okay, though, because I want the DCEU to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think WB should have kept Wonder Woman 1984 in it's original December date. Sure Star Wars is there, but that franchise is a wounded animal, WW drew a different audience and films can co-exist that month, plus WW had a 4.0 multiplier, in June!! Imagine what kind of multi she could pull off in December!
    If there is one thing WB so far has been consistent with its their inconsistency and short term obsession. They might put WW back on track with Aquamans success.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    tbh, I'm really sad to see Spider-verse getting so little love when it's so much better than Aquaman as a movie. Aquaman is a movie that was entertaining to me, but not one I ever thought again after having watched it. It's a forgettable movie with great visuals and action, but I definitely hope it's not the future of the DCEU.

it doesn't have the heart of Wonder Woman, the emotion of Man of Steel nor the grandeur of Batman V Superman.

I'm glad it's doing okay, though, because I want the DCEU to be successful.
    I haven't seen Into the Spider-Verse yet, but you summed up my thoughts perfectly with regards to Aquaman as a film, as well as its place in and impact on the DCEU. Couldn't agree more.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I haven't seen Into the Spider-Verse yet, but you summed up my thoughts perfectly with regards to Aquaman as a film, as well as its place in and impact on the DCEU. Couldn't agree more.
    I got we were on the same page when I read your review! You should definitely watch spider-verse, it's really amazing, with a lot of heart!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Wonder Woman would not do as well as it could in December. You keep talking about how wounded Star Wars is but Wonder Woman wouldn't stand a chance. DC needs as much good will (and money) as they can get so they still need to play things safe.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics