Page 45 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast
    penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's just Snyder and co occasionally talking about more ideas or whatever to keep talk about the DCEU around.
    I mean, sure - but the ding ding ding stuff was a pretty obvious reference to a motherbox. Why did he need to confirm that?
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    I mean, sure - but the ding ding ding stuff was a pretty obvious reference to a motherbox. Why did he need to confirm that?
    Because someone asked him.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    did... you not get that? that was a very obvious reference
    I actually didn't. Lex said "the bells have rung" but I thought he was talking metaphorically. Plus it is always written as "ping". I can see it easily looking back but I just didn't make the connection myself, even though I do look for that kind of stuff.

Retired

I hate the way the Mother Box was re-imagined for the Snyder movies. Jack Kirby's Mother Box concept was always one of the most fascinating things about the New Gods. It was technology but mysterious. It seemed to be a clever turn on the term "mother board" for computers. And it anticipated the invention of the cell phone. It was so compact and easy to carry for any New God--no matter whether they were evil or good. And it was their connection to the Source. It wasn't a weapon, but it was a key to the New God's mysticism. Really, it's the perfect representative of the whole Fourth World concept from Kirby, where he took technology, religion, pop culture and language and mooshed them all together to synthesize a new product.

Making the Mother Boxes into big blocks was the absolute in dumbing down a clever idea. It literally becomes unwieldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I hate the way the Mother Box was re-imagined for the Snyder movies. Jack Kirby's Mother Box concept was always one of the most fascinating things about the New Gods. It was technology but mysterious. It seemed to be a clever turn on the term "mother board" for computers. And it anticipated the invention of the cell phone. It was so compact and easy to carry for any New God--no matter whether they were evil or good. And it was their connection to the Source. It wasn't a weapon, but it was a key to the New God's mysticism. Really, it's the perfect representative of the whole Fourth World concept from Kirby, where he took technology, religion, pop culture and language and mooshed them all together to synthesize a new product.

Making the Mother Boxes into big blocks was the absolute in dumbing down a clever idea. It literally becomes unwieldy.
    Hopefully Ava DuVernay does better by Kirbian standards. She seems to be evolving into quite the Fourth World fan.

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1050607192733171712

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1050720586262081536

Would be hilarious if in an after credits scene a humiliated and beaten Steppenwolf would drop out of a boom tube in front of Darkseids feet

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Would be hilarious if in an after credits scene a humiliated and beaten Steppenwolf would drop out of a boom tube in front of Darkseids feet
    I would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Snyder seemed to botch the New Gods on nearly every level. From turning the Mother Boxes into literal cubes to depicting Steppenwolf and the Parademons in open combat with the actual Greek gods. I guess he missed the cover to New Gods #1 that says in plain english how when the old gods died, then came the New Gods. It's for the best that he never got to do Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Snyder seemed to botch the New Gods on nearly every level. From turning the Mother Boxes into literal cubes to depicting Steppenwolf and the Parademons in open combat with the actual Greek gods. I guess he missed the cover to New Gods #1 that says in plain english how when the old gods died, then came the New Gods. It's for the best that he never got to do Darkseid.
    I mean, aren't they frequently cube shaped in some way? And we know that the "old gods" in Kirby's mind were originally going to be of Asgard, but as far as I know the previous generation of gods isn't really specified. I don't think the greek gods necessarily follow that same lineage, but Steppenwolf does say that WW is of the old gods. Doesn't seem like a terriblle fit but that's just me.

Yeah, the Old Gods in Kirby's comics were originally intended to be the Norse Gods but he left it open-ended. It was definitely not the Greek pantheon as they were/are still kicking around.

Steppenwolf calling the Olympians the "Old Gods" seems like a latter change to JL to capitalize more on Wonder Woman's success. And also it fit with almost all of the Greco-Roman Gods being killed off in her solo film.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wonder Woman got pushed back to June 2020. Wonder what caused the push back.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I believe Joker opens in October 2019, and Wonder Woman 1984 was originally slated for Nov 1st. The releases were about month between each other, so I doubt it was a case of worries over cannibalizing box office. Other big films opening Nov 2019 include Kingsman 3, the latest Terminator reboot, the Sonic movie, an untitled Fox/Marvel film, and Frozen 2... maybe WB juts decided to move to a less crowded month?

Gal has called 2020 the rightful home of Wonder Woman... perhaps a competitor changed a date and WB saw fit to move it into that spot? https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1054437205203173381
    Super excited to announce that, thanks to the changing landscape, we are able to put Wonder Woman back to its rightful home. June 5, 2020. Be there or be square!!!
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 10-22-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Via Hollywood Reporter. I guess WB simply decided to go for the highest possible gross rather than just revenue next year, and had the slot free when they moved away another movie. I don't think this will impact any part three, since they likely have all the contracts they need lined up right now and can film independently of the release. More time to do CGI work might also be of value—I can imagine its quality can depend on both the time available as much as how much money you throw at it.

Yeah, Disney removed Guardians of the Galaxy 3 from Summer 2020 for obvious reasons. So 2020 is a lot less crowded with blockbusters than 2019 is currently.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Not to mention, Episode IX opens in December 2019, so Wonder Woman now gets to avoid Star Wars at the box office. Might have some better legs that way, depending on what gets released the rest of Summer 2020.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 10-22-2018 at 12:26 PM.