Page 46 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056961465461046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Wonder Woman got pushed back to June 2020. Wonder what caused the push back.
    Probably because WB wants at least 2 DC Films a year (2016, 2017, 2019) rather than just one (2018). Since Flash got delayed, SS2 is starting from ground zero with Gunn, and Reeves just finished the script for The Batman none of them would have likely been able to make the 2020 dates WB set, and they're the furthers along, so moving WW84 seemed like the logical choice to guarantee a 2nd DC film in 2020.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Not to mention, Episode IX opens in December 2019, so Wonder Woman now gets to avoid Star Wars at the box office. Might have some better legs that way, depending on what gets released the rest of Summer 2020.
    Studios aren't scared of Star Wars anymore. Jumanjii made almost a billion against the last film and with Solo bombing... Yeah no reason to run scared anymore.

Retired

I always thought that WONDER WOMAN should be a summer movie, but I was thinking summer of 2019. It's hard not to lose some enthusiasm the longer we have to wait for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always thought that WONDER WOMAN should be a summer movie, but I was thinking summer of 2019. It's hard not to lose some enthusiasm the longer we have to wait for a sequel.
    I don't relish having to wait even longer, but I think moving the film to June makes a lot more sense. December has always been a hard time to release a blockbuster because they are so time constrained. June the kids are out of school with lots of vacation time.

(Yes, I've gone to see SW flicks in December, but that's also the ONLY movie I've gone to see in December due to time constraints...and sometimes 3 weeks after they opened because it's the first time I could fit it in).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Studios aren't scared of Star Wars anymore. Jumanjii made almost a billion against the last film and with Solo bombing... Yeah no reason to run scared anymore.
    Solo had terrible placement and lack of marketing plus it was a spin-off. Episode IX will be the dominant movie in December.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Probably because WB wants at least 2 DC Films a year (2016, 2017, 2019) rather than just one (2018). Since Flash got delayed, SS2 is starting from ground zero with Gunn, and Reeves just finished the script for The Batman none of them would have likely been able to make the 2020 dates WB set, and they're the furthers along, so moving WW84 seemed like the logical choice to guarantee a 2nd DC film in 2020.
    WB has so many projects on the go that 2 films a year doesn't cut it. They really wasted 2018 with one and if they only manage 2 for 2019 it's better but for all the proposed movies they have to bust a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    WB has so many projects on the go that 2 films a year doesn't cut it. They really wasted 2018 with one and if they only manage 2 for 2019 it's better but for all the proposed movies they have to bust a move.
    I agree. In an ideal world we'd get 3 DC films a year, but hey maybe eventually we will. WB sure have a lot of DC projects in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Solo had terrible placement and lack of marketing plus it was a spin-off. Episode IX will be the dominant movie in December.
    Probably, but Star Wars isn't the juggernaut it used to be. Especially when Asian and Latin American audiences seem indifferent to it.

Astonishing Member

I agree. In an ideal world we'd get 3 DC films a year, but hey maybe eventually we will. WB sure have a lot of DC projects in the works.
    Looking at the DCEU page on Wikipedia they still have Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps to be released in 2020 along with Birds of Prey and WW. I just wish WB would get their shit together on releasing these movies. Will The Rock be 50 when he finally films Black Adam?

Fantastic Member

Looking at the DCEU page on Wikipedia they still have Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps to be released in 2020 along with Birds of Prey and WW. I just wish WB would get their shit together on releasing these movies. Will The Rock be 50 when he finally films Black Adam?
    You must not want good DC films.

Rumor from midnights edge about the joker movie.

spoilers:
    Looks like joker may be the good guy and a young bruce wayne and the waynes will be the bad guys! Starts at 2:40
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Aren't most sequels about 3 years apart?

At least they should filter out the unconnected stuff of the 2 per year plan (if it is a plan after all).

2 years is the norm.

It also had to pay to reshoot over half the film and went way over budget. Funny thing is it would have done ok if it didn't have to pay for the reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    2 years is the norm.
    And those are usually crappy (Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Apocalypse etc.). Otherwise it is 3 for the better ones (X2, The Dark Knight, Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past etc.)

Probably, but Star Wars isn't the juggernaut it used to be. Especially when Asian and Latin American audiences seem indifferent to it.
    Star Wars is absolutely the same juggernaut that it's been. Disney came out the gate with 3 films in a row making over a Billion dollars, and one of those even joined the TWO billion dollar club. All before they had a film underperform. Saying that Star Wars isn't a juggernaut because 1 out of 4 didn't do well is like saying the MCU is on decline after Black Panther & Avengers combined for 3.5 Billion but Ant-Man only made $600k. All due respect, but I think you're a little off on this one.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."