Page 76 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980861261765761076 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 20948
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...not bad?

I can take it .
    I've heard from critic friends who have seen it that is fun and enjoyable if you embrace how ridiculous it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It seems like RT can tell people to jump and folks would say 'how high'

I never quite understood why fans need validation from Rotten Tomatoes or what the masses think. Does a number absolutely determine whether a movie is good or not?
    From personal experience I have just noticed that most movies with scores of 70% or higher I will generally like and consider good. Movies with 40% or higher I can often enjoy at least. Movies with 30% or less can at best be enjoyed in parts or clips but rarely ever as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think it's just many fans being frustrated with DC movies consistently being critically panned and they want to have a movie that's both critically and commercially successful, like Wonder Woman was.
    Yup

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

So ya'll know how I wasn't feeling the film before...and sometimes your gut is just right however not in this case!

Film was fantastic! Well written, directed, acted and scored. Some of the scene transactions were just wonderful.

Heard stole the show she was terrific as Mera! That was who I was sceptical about the most everyone else was great don't get me wrong but she just stood out more. We all already knew Jason was great beforehand no surprise there. Manta and Orm were not as I expected (in a good way).

Only problems I had got rectifyed in the film itself so yeah got no complaints. They saved the best till last, deffo my favourite CBM of the year.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Grace Randolph says "It's a better movie than Wonder Woman." Extremely high praise from her, since she finds opportunities to compare almost EVERY movie she reviews to Wonder Woman.

I get it. The 3rd act of WW came out of nowhere compared to the rest of the film. There is no big shift like that in AM.

I think I prefer it to WW aswell. BvS still is my favourite DCEU film though.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Can't wait to watch.

I follow RT because I HATE to pay for a crappy film and that's what exactly happened to me when I went to watch SS. I dont believe them all the time but if a film gets a rotten score that's warning signs to me.

So most of the reviews say it's dumb as dirt but super fun. Turn your brain off and enjoy is the tone. So it's a 90s Jackie chan film. Go to have cheesy fun but don't think about the plot.

By the way I love 90s jackie chan films. Going to see a cheesy film on the big screen with a group can be lots of fun so the reviews have me with lots of hope for aquaman.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-12-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

So most of the reviews say it's dumb as dirt but super fun. Turn your brain off and enjoy is the tone. So it's a 90s Jackie chan film. Go to have cheesy fun but don't think about the plot.

By the way I love 90s jackie chan films. Going to see a cheesy film on the big screen with a group can be lots of fun so the reviews have me with lots of hope for aquaman.
    It's no dumb as films like Infinity War are, I don't get that at all. Infact it's probably the most cohesive CBM of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It's no dumb as films like Infinity War are, I don't get that at all. Infact it's probably the most cohesive CBM of the year.
    Do we really need to tear down one film to build up another? C'mon now. I wouldn't say Infinity War is dumb, just wildly inconsistent.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Do we really need to tear down one film to build up another? C'mon now. I wouldn't say Infinity War is dumb, just wildly inconsistent.

It's justified. People tear down DC movies for the same things that Marvel gets away with.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I've heard from critic friends who have seen it that is fun and enjoyable if you embrace how ridiculous it is.
    It's an Aquaman movie. Short of it being a Snyder film it was always going to be a bit ridiculous (and I love it for it) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's an Aquaman movie. Short of it being a Snyder film it was always going to be a bit ridiculous (and I love it for it) .
    I think Snyder would've gone full Dothraki tragedy on us with a vengeful Manta getting back at Khal Drogo by killing Aquababy.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I was merely trying to say if this film is dumb then so should films like IW be dubbed dumb then, I personally don't think both films are dumb. Which is why I think people saying this film is "dumb fun" is ludicrous because it has a genuine cohesive plot that not many CBMs have had this year. There's a point to everything in the film. It's definitely not a switch your brain off type film that some people are suggesting.

Them saying it's goofy fun is not a bad thing. Some great films are goofy fun. Fun films does not mean bad films at all. I think they are saying it's a over the top superhero film. Nothing wrong with that as people like it and are giving it good reviews. (plus it fits this version of aquaman to be over the top).

Also why does it have to be marvel vs dc? DC can have a fun movie also. Shazam looks fun also.

I wasn't sure about the film but do plan to go see it due to the good reviews. (plus black manta in live action!)
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-12-2018 at 02:52 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I was merely trying to say if this film is dumb then so should films like IW be dubbed dumb then, I personally don't think both films are dumb. Which is why I think people saying this film is "dumb fun" is ludicrous because it has a genuine cohesive plot that not many CBMs have had this year. There's a point to everything in the film. It's definitely not a switch your brain off type film that some people are suggesting.
    "Dumb fun" for me would be DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Movie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Lol at the second clip.