Page 25 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935751255251025 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I think I recall Henry saying he saw eye to eye with Joss Whedon on Superman better than anyone else. They let him do his thing to the very detriment of the other characters.
    and that's why Whedon was canned and that's why we aren't going to see a sequel to JL because including this version of superman means all the other characters look useless
    Even the MCU doesn't make this mistake but DC still seems to not know how to reign in what is good and what is bad

Cavill having no problem with it is probably a sign he didn't necessarily like MOS/BVS reception and wanted his character to look good more than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Video from the set of Todd Phillips' Joker: https://twitter.com/ComicBooksTalk/s...18135927177216
    Looks like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    and that's why Whedon was canned and that's why we aren't going to see a sequel to JL because including this version of superman means all the other characters look useless
    Even the MCU doesn't make this mistake but DC still seems to not know how to reign in what is good and what is bad

Cavill having no problem with it is probably a sign he didn't necessarily like MOS/BVS reception and wanted his character to look good more than anything else
    They canned Whedon because it was a **** movie, and was a **** movie before Superman turned up. If the movie was of MCU quality, Superman's power level wouldn't have negatively impacted it.

Nobody on this planet except some fanboys on the internet believes Aquaman poses any sort of challenge to Superman, so it's not detrimental to him that Superman is more powerful and will not play a part in how his movie is received. That movie will succeed if it's good, but we cannot blame Superman if the film sucks.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Todd Phillips shared also a pic of "Arthur": https://www.instagram.com/p/BnzF1teH-yK/

I take it as an half confirmation of the rumor that Joker's real name will be "Arthur Fleck" aka A.Fleck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They canned Whedon because it was a **** movie, and was a **** movie before Superman turned up.
    And it was a **** movie before Whedon even got there. I'm not sure what he could have done with that mess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And it was a **** movie before Whedon even got there. I'm not sure what he could have done with that mess.
    Well, you're definitely not wrong here. If they fired him for it, doesn't mean they were right to do so...

This thread title is funny.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Retired

I take it as an half confirmation of the rumor that Joker's real name will be "Arthur Fleck" aka A.Fleck
    Seems like a tasteless joke to make at the expense of someone who is trying to work through some personal issues.

Todd Phillips shared also a pic of "Arthur": https://www.instagram.com/p/BnzF1teH-yK/

So now that the Joker Origin movie has started filming we can add that to the list of movies that have a good chance of movies being in theaters sometime soon.
    Usually when a movie starts filming, the studio goes through with it and releases it. There are exceptions, but those are rather rare.
    Anyway, looks like almost certain we will get Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman 1984 and Joker Origin, now that all four have started filming.

I really hope DC doesn't try to bring over whatever origin story/name for the Joker after the movie comes out.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    This thread title is funny.
    It might be overly long, but I prefer it to DCEU, which is an abbreiviation I find more than irritating and I never understood what it meant and I don't know why people still use it when it was never given official status.

Henry Cavill will be a loss to the franchise. I can only speak for my own opinion but I enjoyed his version of Superman. Representing "hope" doesn't mean Superman has to be a ray of sunshine, just that he's faced tragedy and continues to have an optimistic outlook for the future and the role he's to play in it. He seemed to have finally become the more jovial character people wanted at the end of Justice League when he was racing Barry. Still, this entire DC Extended Universe is a hot mess. Individual movies might be good but they're completely failing to interconnect it properly, largely because they're in such a rush to catch up with Marvel. They aren't going to catch up, they may as well just take their time at this point and get it right.

I'm still looking forward to Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman '86 but not to see how they interconnect. I want them to stand on their own so that I'm not bogged down in the mess surrounding this franchise as a whole.

And I have no interest in a Joker movie. I'm surprised some people do. His origins and the mysteries they wreak have always been a very appealing, enigmatic part of his character. I don't see a reason to change that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It might be overly long, but I prefer it to DCEU, which is an abbreiviation I find more than irritating and I never understood what it meant and I don't know why people still use it when it was never given official status.
    Oh no. I meant because this thread was titled "Course Correction" and then DC's movies went off the rails by losing Cavill shorty thereafter.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well, you're definitely not wrong here. If they fired him for it, doesn't mean they were right to do so...
    With the DCEU it does seem every regime pays for their predecessors mistakes.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Oh no. I meant because this thread was titled "Course Correction" and then DC's movies went off the rails by losing Cavill shorty thereafter.
    Unless getting rid of Cavill is the course correction. I could see where some execs at Warner Bros. Brands might think the problem with the movies was Cavill all along and so steering away from him would be a course correction.