Page 15 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Cruise as Booster would actually be more hilarious.
    Glen Powell would be the best Booster Gold.

Man, I just imagine us all looking back on how stupid that all was .
    Some of us knew how stupid that was right when it was announced
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-20-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They would just need to cast a big star to play John Stewart so the character isn’t overshadowed and it doesn’t become just a Tom Cruise movie. I don’t think Michael B. Jordan is interested in the role but someone like him who is very popular at the moment.
    Maybe they could convince Boyega to take the part.
    John Boyega Reportedly Met With Marvel Studios | CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/john-boyega-met-...arvel-studios/

Which Marvel Superhero Should John Boyega Play in the MCU
    https://nerdist.com/john-boyega-marvel-superhero/

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The thing is Cruise plays and is known for laying a lot of Hal Jordan like characters. So a Tom Cruise film isn’t really far off
    It's more a matter of Hal being written like a number of Cruise's movie characters by some writers. As far back as 1998, when he was writing JLA: YEAR ONE, Mark Waid described his portrayal of Hal as Tom Cruise with a power ring, and that's indeed how Hal came across in those books.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    How did you make the “Clark_kent” cut of Justice league?

Like, what program did you use and what did you add/change? (If you don’t mind me asking)

My program was Powerdirector 16 Ultimate. I ripped BvS & JL to my hard drive, as well as a few select scenes from MoS, Suicide Squad, and WW.

So here's the thing, I planned out my cut for months. From January until release of the physical copy of Justice League, so that was March or April. I had a notebook with about 75 pages of edits I wanted to make, and the actual editing job took me until early July to complete (I have no idea how some of these guys made fan-edits in the first week). I wanted to bring it more in line with what Snyder had done with MoS & BvS, thematically, if nothing else. So all that to say, I'm at work typing on my phone and this will be off the top of my head. But, hear goes (when I say "the film", I'm speaking specifically about my cut of JL, and I'll use character abreviations after I spell them out once) :

• The prologue to the film opens on a black screen. We hear Bruce Wayne's voice: "I had a dream..." We then see the shot from BvS of Knightmare Batman exiting the bunker. When he overlooks the wasteland & sees the Omega symbol on the ground, we then hear "...it was the end of the world."

• Quick cut to Knightmare Batman fighting parademons & getting overwhelmed. We hear BW's voice: "I think it's something more..." and just as the Parademon is about to punch him in the back of the head, we hear "something darker." When Batman gets knocked out, we quick cut to black.

• WB/DC logos, with "A Simple Lie" from BvS soundtrack playing.

• After logos, we cut to funeral procession in D.C. for Superman (opening with this parallels the opening of BvS). "A Beautiful Lie" is still playing. It's intertwined with scenes of the Smallville funeral, and scenes from the start of JL of people leaving flowers at the memorial, etc. *There is no "JL flag title shot, and the opening music is removed in favor of Zimmer/Junkie XL*

• After the funeral stuff, we cut to black. We open on the deleted epilogue from WW, where Etta Candy is explaining the new mission to her team. I used text to indicate "London, December 1918." The scene ends with a drawing of a motherbox.

• Next scene is the epilogue from Suicide Squad, which I used text to indicate "Washington D.C., One Year Ago". The scene is Bruce & Waller in the restaurant. *Note: I believe the final theatrical cut of JL indicates that Superman has not been gone very long. But I made a choice in my cut to make it clear that Superman has been gone for a year. I felt it made things more impactful on Lois, as well as explaining that it took Bruce some time to track down Arthur (hence the beard). The SS scene takes place after BvS, so I made this "one year ago"*

• Cut to "Present Day". Bruce on horseback in Iceland, meeting Arthur. I CUT the slapstick, and it now begins with Arthur turning around & saying "Talk." I also CUT Bruce seeing the wall painting of the motherbox. In my cut, he has only seen Luthor's notes at this point. Rest plays normally up to Arthur swimming away.

• Bruce & Alfred on the plane stays.

• Cut to "London." WW rescue scene is here, but I re-edited to include WW soundtrack music (I hate Elfman's rendition of her theme) and put the leg swipe back in from the trailer.

• Barry visits his dad.

•Next scene, I inserted footage from the Turkish Airlines "Fly Gotham" commercial. Here is where I put the original opening scene from JL, with Batman using the crook as bait for a Parademon. In my cut, he has just returned to Gotham after his trip to iceland. It was important for me to remix his scenes so that the beard made some kind of sense. I re-edited it to include Batman's theme from BvS. I CUT Batman's line to Alfred about "prep the jet, we head north tonight." Since he's already been north, it wasn't needed.

• Cut to "Metropolis". Silas at Star, then at home with Vic.

• Janitor kidnapped.

• Cut to the Amazons. This plays out like normal until near the end. After Steppenwolf knocks Hippolyta off her horse, I added in his lines from the trailer "No protectors here...no lanterns...no Kryptonian..." When the Amazons come over the hill & he activates his Boom Tube, I added "This world will fall. Like all the others."

• Hippolyta shoots her arrow, Diana sees it.

• Ok, here I constructed an all-new scene that wasn't in the trailers or either version of JL (mostly). I show Lois asleep in her bed, but she's having a nightmare. We see her in the water from BvS, trying to find a way out. We see her & Superman discussing the 'S' from Man of Steel. Back in the water. We see Clark sitting on edge of tub from BvS, he hands her a rose. Lois smiles. Back in the water, she's running out of air. We see him rescue her from Lexcorp tower, and we hear from Man of Steel "thank you." "For what?" "For believing in me." "It didn't make much difference in the end." "It did to me." Back in the water, air is rushing out of her lungs. We see them in the cornfield after he rescued her pod in Man of Steel. He's smiling at her, very quick cut to him being stabbed by Doomsday & screaming. Back in the water, she's about to drown. We see Superman's dead body, as camera pans in on his face we lightly hear "Loissss..." She wakes up in her bed, touching the empty side. *I needed Lois to have more character in my cut, and even after a year she is still dreaming about him. The drowning syymbolizes her inability to let go, and how she's "drowning without him." Whether that be survivors guilt or something else, its up to the viewer to decide.*

• Another scene I constructed myself. Lois heads to work...I used footage from a Turkish Airlines commercial, "Fly Metropolis". The commercial shows construction crews, and it shows Lexcorp tower being worked on. I added a news radio guy, and while we see all this footage of Metropolis we hear him: "Good Morning Metropolis! Recapping our top stories: Lexcorp Tower reconstruction nears completion under newly appointed CEO Contessa Alexandra Del Portenza...Gotham City's own Bonnie and Clyde, The Joker & Harley Quinn, remain on the loose...but first: on the anniversary of the Man of Steel's death, newly uncovered amateur video gives us a new glimpse of the man, known as Superman. Seen here with the Daily Planet's Lois Lane, we see his humanitarian work as he takes part in the ALS icebucket challenge..." I CUT the newscast of the woman talking about aliens probing her husband, and I placed new video on the TV screen. I used footage of Amy Adams & Henry Cavill (in costume) doing the ice bucket challenge. In the video, Cavill is clearly freezing, so the newscaster says "The Man of Steel, being a good sport, even pretended to be cold." Then the word "MUTE" appears on the screen and we cut to Lois putting down the remote & giving Martha coffee.

• I CUT the line about "thirstiest woman" or whatever it was.

• movie plays as normal until after Bruce/Diana conversation by the lake.

• After they leave the lake, we cut to a new scene of mine: Bruce/Diana watching the JL videos on the batcomputer (the videos from Luthors hard drive). While watching the part about Aquaman, I re-inserted the dialogue "He said he'll fight with us?" "More or less." "More-more? Or more less?" "Probably more less." "He said no?" "He said no." The scene ends with them standing in the cave. "They said the age of heroes would never come again." "It has to."

•Cut to Bruce visiting Barry. I re-inserted shots from the trailer and CUT shots from the film to keep Barry's hair consistent.

•When Bruce & Barry drive away, I inserted the rest of the shot of the car as it exits the alley & drives up onto the freeway

(more on next post)
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

(continued)

•Diana visits Vic.

•Somewhere in here I have Steppenwolf in Russia ("For Darkseid") and Aquaman fighting him underwater. I don't recall exactly where. Both scenes were mostly untouched, although I did remove the Russian family.

•Gordon/Allen meeting.

•Bruce, Barry, Diana meeting on the runway, seeing Batsignal. Vic finds his dad missing, also sees the signal.

•Gordon lights the signal. Re-edited to include Batman music from BvS.

•The tunnel scenes/fight contained more edits than I could possibly remember. I remixed the music & some sound effects. Re-inserted some trailer shots ("I didn't think you were real." "I'm real when it's useful." / Barry dodging gunfire, knocking a Parademon through a door). I CUT Batman saying "sorry guys, I didn't bring a sword" and replaced it with "My turn." You can hear the WW theme when she & Steppenwolf fight on the bridge. I CUT Barry landing on WW's boobs, and now he just pushes her out of the way.

•The team head to the Batcave. Vic's line about the motherbox activating & waking up the night Superman died makes no sense because we know Silas used it on Vic before Supes died, so I cut the line.

•Barry/Vic dig up Superman. Re-edited the scene to include some music from the Flash tv show.

•JL @ the scout ship. I re-edited the scene to have music from MoS, and for the countdown and Flash running to activate the box I used the track "Launch".

•Superman stands at his memorial. I edited in some static sounds, to show his powers are going a little haywire. He also hears voices...we can hear Zod say "then what can you be a part of?" and we hear Batman say "you were never a god...you were never even a man." JL shows up, Superman is ultra confused, they fight. Music re-edited throughout. When Superman sees Batman, his memory flashes a shot of Batman standing over him, about to stab him with the spear. Then he says "I know you."

•Lois shows up. As he looks at her, we hear his goodbye from BvS "I love you...you are my world..." He tosses Batman aside, goes to her. I CUT Batman saying "something's definitely bleeding."

•Black screen: we hear "The worlds too big, Mom!" "Then make it small..." Clark & Lois arrive at the farm. After she comments on being brought there, we see a young Clark playing with his dog, wearing a cape, while Jonathan Kent watches. "This is home."

•JL back at the cave. During Bruce & Diana talk, I CUT the joke about not suing WW for fighting crime dressed as a bat.

•Kent farm. As Clark stands in the field, we hear Jonathan saying "You have to decide what kind of man you want to be, Clark. Cause whoever that man is, good or bad? He's gonna change the world." Lois approaches. I re-inserted trailer footage of Clark saying "I'll take that as a yes." Re-edited everything to use the piano theme from MoS.

•Russia, Steppy activates the shield over the town.

•Inserted deleted scene of Clark going to the ship, looking at suits. (we don't see him exit in costume yet).

•JL leaves for Russia. When they arrive, we see Steppy say "Let them come." We then see the inserted deleted shot of Superman emerging from his ship just as the JL emerge from the Flying Fox.

•JL battle parademons in the town. I color-corrected the ending to look more like Snyder's visuals. Edited the music. I re-inserted the trailer shot of WW, Vic, and AM dropping onto the bridge to face Steppy with WW's "Shall We?" dialogue.

•Cut to reinserted deleted scene of Alfred working on the car, Superman arrives. They talk.

•Cut back to JL fighting Steppy. Plays out mostly the same, again there is new music & new color correction.

•Superman shows up. I CUT Batman's goofy smile. After Superman says "I knew you didn't bring me back because you liked me", I CUT Batman's goofy "I don't not like you." Instead, Superman hears civilians & takes off.

•Rest plays out mostly the same, but with new music. This is the only time we see the Russian family.

•The ending sequence is replaced with music from MoS "What will you do when you're not saving the world"). Works perfectly with the ending.

•Flash & Superman still race, but now with music from the Flash tv show.

•End credits: I used footage from the Purple Lamborghini music video of Joker on a boat & at a party, and re-edited everything to make it look like Joker was traveling to Luthor's boat. I used some deleted dialogue from Suicide Squad & suddenly Lex & Joker were having the conversation instead of Deathstroke.

So that's most of it. Sorry for the long posts.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Glen Powell would be the best Booster Gold.

Some of us knew how stupid that was right when it was announced
    I want John Krasinski as Booster, with Rainn Wilson as the voice of Skeets.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    So that's most of it. Sorry for the long posts.
    Thanks!

The response was far more detailed than I was expecting but exactly what I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I want John Krasinski as Booster, with Rainn Wilson as the voice of Skeets.
    Krasinski I think would make a better Hal than Booster. He's got that superhero look to him and fan likability that comes with the Office. Love the Rainn Wilson Skeets idea though.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Thanks!

The response was far more detailed than I was expecting but exactly what I was hoping for.
    Haha, no prob. I originally wasn't going to list scene by scene, but I had some time & nothing else to do. Hope it made for a decent read.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Clark_Kent, I DEFINITELY want to see that cut!

What are some other cool ones out there actually?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Maybe that's why they don't want to give you guys those deleted scenes because they know you would do just that--and produce a better version of the movie thatn the one they made.
    We need to stop this narrative that fans can do things better than actual movie people.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Clark_Kent, I DEFINITELY want to see that cut!

What are some other cool ones out there actually?
    Unfortunately, mine isn't online. At least, not yet. By the time mine was done, there were so many cuts out there that I figured it wasn't worth the time to upload. I've been considering doing so, though.

The best that I have seen is on youtube by a guy called A.B. Director. He hasn't done the whole film, but he's done some scenes. He's gotten so much good feedback that he just announced that he's going to do the whole film...now he makes a lot of choices that I wouldn't make, but his sound mixing is by far the best. Do a search for him, you'll find his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    We need to stop this narrative that fans can do things better than actual movie people.
    I'm not sure it's really a narrative, but it's all subjective. I can't say my cut is better than the theatrical, and I can objectively say theirs is better on a technical level, but I know which version gets played in my house and it's definitely not WB's lol

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    That's not exactly what I said. I quite enjoyed JUSTICE LEAGUE, but I could see there was a longer movie that the movie people had made that might have been better than the one that was put out. With all the extra scenes in their hands, fans could potentially reconstruct that movie that the actual movie people had made. But that would undermine the authority of those who decided on the final cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That's not exactly what I said. I quite enjoyed JUSTICE LEAGUE, but I could see there was a longer movie that the movie people had made that might have been better than the one that was put out. With all the extra scenes in their hands, fans could potentially reconstruct that movie that the actual movie people had made. But that would undermine the authority of those who decided on the final cut.
    Speaking of longer movies, I checked last night & my cut is 2hrs 8 mins. So not dramatically longer than the theatrical, but considering I excised the opening scene with Superman & cut out some other stuff, the extra 8 mins isn't too bad.